Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Are you fine with the Microsoft/Activision purchase?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
The FTC and some other companies are trying to stop Microsoft from buying up Activision. I heard Sony wasn't happy, Google is now in the mix and so is Nvidia I guess. Anyway, if the sale goes through Microsoft will get Activision and all of its franchises. But others don't want that to happen and are trying to stop the sale outright.

MS has said they plan to make COD multiplatform, and even offered Sony a 10 year deal and was even working to bring COD to Nintendo in the coming years. But now, it looks like the sale might not go through, or these companies are going to stop it for as long as they can.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on this? Are you okay with Microsoft getting their hands on Activision? Or do you want Activision to stay independent?

zBucks
I think there is a bit of worry about them monopolizing, and Microsoft has been accused of doing that back in the days of when Windows started to become popular. Now they want to buy up one of the biggest publishers/developers in the world, and other companies are pretty pissed about it.

I don't think they'll be able to make the purchase with what's going on and how many are opposed to it.

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Microsoft only cares about money and expanding their catalog. I heard they offered Sony a 10 year deal to keep COD on their platforms, but who's to say after those 10 years they will still support them, or end up requesting more money after the 10 years is up? And what if those 10 years come and go, and then MS doesn't do a new deal after?

It gives Microsoft too much control. COD is one of the highest selling franchises around, and even though it has lost popularity in recent years, it hasn't stopped them from making billions every year. Plus with the money from Warzone and other microtransactions.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Microsoft ruins anything they touch so they are going to ruin the games that come under this label. It is unfortunate but this company is known for just taking something that works and making it a lot worse. They have ruined so many things for me. I got to the point where I just left them entirely. I am on Linux and don't want nothing to do with their computers or consoles.