The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
1M

Are you into the holiday season or does it stress you out?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I know some people who are obsessed with it. Like they can't wait to start putting out lights, buying gifts, and all that. I also know some people who dread it every year and are the last to do anything for the holiday. I even know a couple of people who legit go into hiding cause they don't wanna deal with family drama. What type are you? Do you enjoy the holiday season? Are you luke warm about it? Or do you hate it?

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Christmas is my jam, but that's really about it. I don't celebrate other holidays, aside from Thanksgiving, and all we do is come together, hang out and eat haha. I do Christmas, because my parents were always great to me. I didn't get a whole lot, but I had good Christmases, and I want to eventually return the favor to my future kids.

I usually just put up a tree and call it a day. I don't like to decorate all too much. But, I have been thinking about decorating for Halloween, as you can get pretty crazy with Halloween decorations. And I have fun with those compared to Christmas.

jasonrest

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Im neutral. I just go along. For Christmas im not all into it but I'm not a scrooge either. I buy people ish and don't really expect ish back. Nobody ever gets me what i truly want anyway lol

same for me.
completely nuetral. even on my birthday.
always thought something was wrong with me.

but i figure theres more important things to spend energy on. like building wealth.
and then i realized that when daydreamed about being wealthy and not working for anyone.
THEN....the thought of a birthday party. juneteenth cookout or a big christmas get together interested me.

i think im just in hustle mode and cant switchover until its done.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just go along but I dont really give a damn about it. Since I’ve lived on my own I haven’t celebrated most holidays. Now I’m back in the DMV with family & I plan on going to Thanksgiving.
    Man this is real...when I moved on my own I didnt start celebrating holidays until I had a son.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Do we know the origins of these holidays?

thanksgiving commemorates genocide against our ancesters.
    Chistmas celebrates the birth of the white supremacist pegan religion of christianity which was the white washing of our own heritage in turning "jesus" and other characters of the bible white when they were in fact black according to the scriptures and are our ancesters.
    4th of july is us celebrating SOMEONE ELSE'S INDEPENDENCE and NOT our own! we were still slaves and considered less than human during this time!
    Columbus day....Do we even need to talk about that?

If we want to say we're about "black empowerment" why in the world would we be recognizing holidays centered around the oppression of our people and TEACHING OUR CHILDREN TO DO THE SAME! Why not tell your family that you respectfully decline to celebrate these holidays and take the opportunity to educate them on why?

What the Hell!?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Chistmas celebrates the birth of the white supremacist pegan religion of christianity which was the white washing of our own heritage in turning "jesus" and other characters of the bible white when they were in fact black according to the scriptures and are our ancesters.
    4th of july is us celebrating SOMEONE ELSE'S INDEPENDENCE and NOT our own! we were still slaves and considered less than human during this time!

If we want to say we're about "black empowerment" why in the world would we be recognizing holidays centered around the oppression of our people and TEACHING OUR CHILDREN TO DO THE SAME! Why not tell your family that you respectfully decline to celebrate these holidays and take the opportunity to educate them on why?

What the Hell!?

What the Hell!?
    Morgan Freeman Applause GIF by The Academy Awards

This is why I tell my son the real reasons behind the holidays and make it a learning lesson. He is going to give his teachers hell.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Im neutral. I just go along. For Christmas im not all into it but I'm not a scrooge either. I buy people ish and don't really expect ish back. Nobody ever gets me what i truly want anyway lol
    I don’t ask for anything because everything I want is expensive. I just do the bare minimum and keep it moving on.

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I like to decorate and celebrate. Before I was born, there was a big family tragedy that kind of changed my mom's family forever and changed the way her family did holidays. My dad promised her that we would create our own holiday memories so I was lucky enough to have a lot of great memories and traditions that I still keep up with today.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

What the Hell!?
    got real ones in here I see. shalom to u bruh