Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

BE AWARE OF "BLACK OWNED" COMPANIES THAT AREN'T ACTUALLY BLACK OWNED!

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I saw this ad on IG, peep the hashtags: Screenshot_20211030-104746_Instagram.jpg I saw #blackownedbusiness and decided to check them out. Upon closer inspection, I found out that Enzo Footwear is actually a Chinese company in blackface, and their entire inventory can be found on sites like Wish & Aliexpress.

We have to be wary of companies trying to scam us out of our Black dollars.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Target does this now where they label everything "black-owned" when the majority owner or the starter of the company itself was black. This is just to appease the white liberals who think they are holier than holy water. If you want to support a black business, do it locally so you know for certain. I only donate locally as well so I know where my money is going.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Target does this now where they label everything "black-owned" when the majority owner or the starter of the company itself was black. This is just to appease the white liberals who think they are holier than holy water. If you want to support a black business, do it locally so you know for certain. I only donate locally as well so I know where my money is going.
You're correct.
Target has a Black History Month display that features products made in Pakistan, China, and Bangladesh.
Target, Walmart, and Sally feature white-owned brands like Cantu, Shea Moisture, and Carol's Daughter over Black-owned brands like Aunt Jackie's and Bronner Bros.
I can't say for sure that companies do that to appease white liberals, but I would bet that companies falsely advertise "Black owned" because we are the largest consumer bloc, and they want that almighty Black dollar.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There was a lot of this last year. I remember there was a pizzeria that said black owned in San Fran and it was really a white dude who owned it with a black girlfriend
    That one was sketch I don’t remember where they fell with that one.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I saw this ad on IG, peep the hashtags: View attachment 545 I saw #blackownedbusiness and decided to check them out. Upon closer inspection, I found out that Enzo Footwear is actually a Chinese company in blackface, and their entire inventory can be found on sites like Wish & Aliexpress.

Those chinese companies don't care. They are known using false advertising. Either way though, I can see a lot of non-black owned businesses doing this in the states as well. They don't care, they'll just blame it on their social media person and call it a day.

That's so weird to see Target do it, especially when I don't think they're black owned in any way. Probably just a board of white people mostly.

thomas

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    I saw this ad on IG, peep the hashtags: View attachment 545 I saw #blackownedbusiness and decided to check them out. Upon closer inspection, I found out that Enzo Footwear is actually a Chinese company in blackface, and their entire inventory can be found on sites like Wish & Aliexpress.

Good catch

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's so weird to see Target do it, especially when I don't think they're black owned in any way. Probably just a board of white people mostly.
    Absolutely. They do it to pat themselves on the back thinking they are doing something to fight racism as if that makes a difference. If anything, it hurts black businesses because racists know who to avoid and what brands not to buy.

BlackTalonBeats

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Adding to this thread...

These people are shameless.
    I came across this site on an IG sponsored ad. Was getting ready to buy but decided to google them first. They are HQ in Vietnam and the reviews say the material is cheap and because it ships from Asia it takes a very long time to arrive if it even arrives at all.
    Sad part is some people know it's not Black owned and shop with them anyway.
    Not going to build up this Black economy with that mindset...

Melaninful: African American Clothing & Home Decor

Bad part is some of the gear actually looks pretty dope to me. Should reclaim some of the designs like they do to us.

1642987074892.png

Peace #B1 family

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Fronting as a black owned company is fraudulent marketing. These companies should be prosecuted and sued. Clients should also fight back to get a refund on all purchases.
    That should definitely be considered fraud!
    No company should be allowed to get away with duping customers who want to buy Black.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

NOT falling for any shenanigans, period! Research is key! 💯

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Stop buying from Mai Ling & find a Shaniqua & make sure she owns & operates the business!
    We can't afford NOT to support our people! DUMP THE OTHERS & BUY FROM SISTAHS & BROTHAS! 💯✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽🖤🤴🏾👸🏽🖤✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Stop buying from Mai Ling & find a Shaniqua & make sure she owns & operates the business!
    We can't afford NOT to support our people! DUMP THE OTHERS & BUY FROM SISTAHS & BROTHAS! 💯✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽🖤🤴🏾👸🏽🖤✊🏽✊🏽✊🏽
    Preach!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Adding to this thread...

These people are shameless.
    I came across this site on an IG sponsored ad. Was getting ready to buy but decided to google them first. They are HQ in Vietnam and the reviews say the material is cheap and because it ships from Asia it takes a very long time to arrive if it even arrives at all.
    Sad part is some people know it's not Black owned and shop with them anyway.
    Not going to build up this Black economy with that mindset...

Melaninful: African American Clothing & Home Decor

Bad part is some of the gear actually looks pretty dope to me. Should reclaim some of the designs like they do to us.

View attachment 1635

Peace #B1 family
    Zo Williams gets his gear from Ramomar N.Y. Egyptian as well, nice! 💯

Enzo Footwear

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Hey Mr. Rollie, one of our followers just sent this to me on Facebook. Shame on me for not googling our company to find out what's being said about us. First off thanks for acting on what you believed to be true. I would of probably done the same thing if I were in your shoes. In this case however you are not correct. Enzo Footwear is a black owned and operated company ran by me and my oldest son. I am Haitian American to be exact. And yes some of our products are being duplicated and sold in other markets. I do apreciate our manufacturers but unfortunately that is the price you pay when dealing with Chinese manufacturers. We are not black facing anyone. 99 percent of my time is going towards building the company to what it needs to be at the moment so not much time for photo shoots and interviews. If you have more questions or concerns you can contacting on our instagram @_enzofootwear. Thanks again ~ Jean

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hey Mr. Rollie, one of our followers just sent this to me on Facebook. Shame on me for not googling our company to find out what's being said about us. First off thanks for acting on what you believed to be true. I would of probably done the same thing if I were in your shoes. In this case however you are not correct. Enzo Footwear is a black owned and operated company ran by me and my oldest son. I am Haitian American to be exact. And yes some of our products are being duplicated and sold in other markets. I do apreciate our manufacturers but unfortunately that is the price you pay when dealing with Chinese manufacturers. We are not black facing anyone. 99 percent of my time is going towards building the company to what it needs to be at the moment so not much time for photo shoots and interviews. If you have more questions or concerns you can contacting on our instagram @_enzofootwear. Thanks again ~ Jean
    Thanks for the response & clarification.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I kept seeing these statues on IG for sale. They are dope AF, but I wanted to make sure they were being sold and made by someone black. Digging a little deeper, of course it's a white boy who makes them and he's asking 400 per statue.
    If it were a black artist who made these, I'd go for it.. But I'm not buying my culture from a white boy...so if you see these pop up on Twitter or Instagram or Facebook.. Know who's really selling them. I wouldn't be surprised if they got a black face to front for them.

Attachments

-287311355.jpg 2129083058.jpg -1337668394.jpg 267375147.jpg 588476581.jpg 502303333.jpg 257034295.jpg 21720417.jpg -1785194733.jpg -1399682884.jpg

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What are some Black owned shoe companies? From work shies to tennis doesn't matter to me I want em all
    Check sneakercustom in the blklist, it's here RBG Hi Top Leather Sneakers

Yes, most stuff is still made in China , but the brand is 100pct black ... Until more of us of steps up, ...

.... we have to control our own distribution (actually, there is a shoemaker factory in Kenya, Enda : Run Kenyan ) ... I ran across some others .. I'll share if I find more ..

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Check sneakercustom in the blklist, it's here RBG Hi Top Leather Sneakers

Yes, most stuff is still made in China , but the brand is 100pct black ... Until more of us of steps up, ...

.... we have to control our own distribution (actually, there is a shoemaker factory in Kenya, Enda : Run Kenyan ) ... I ran across some others .. I'll share if I find more ..
    rockdeep.com
    tuccipolo.com

If you ever are trying to find something, go to obws.com , also in the blklist, and shopwithleslie.blog

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You're correct.
    Target has a Black History Month display that features products made in Pakistan, China, and Bangladesh.
    Target, Walmart, and Sally feature white-owned brands like Cantu, Shea Moisture, and Carol's Daughter over Black-owned brands like Aunt Jackie's and Bronner Bros.
    I can't say for sure that companies do that to appease white liberals, but I would bet that companies falsely advertise "Black owned" because we are the largest consumer bloc, and they want that almighty Black dollar.
    I found out some years ago that s
    Do you know of any products under that category at Target aren’t actually black owned?

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I been following their lineup ... When they advertise something as black owned, I look them up online to check them out. What other brands not black owned, outside of Bevel (sold out, but still operated?) and Carols Daughter ... I was all over the Partake Cookies (first saw them in the JayZ Entrepreneur video) ... I saw they had a BoB cookware company ..

I give them credit. They were among the first to push black brands ... Now, did some of those sell out, between time , I'm not sure ..

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Imma need ppl to quit with this ... Just when ppl start being more open to being on code , smh
    Sia did the right thing by alerting the consumers. I was angry because I bought some Enzos during the quarantine because I believe in buying Black; but then I saw the exact same shoes on a Chinese site for much less.
    I don't knock anybody's hustle, but I don't like to GET hustled!
    Had I never discovered the Chinese site, I would've been a regular customer for Enzo Footwear.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Sia did the right thing by alerting the consumers. I was angry because I bought some Enzos during the quarantine because I believe in buying Black; but then I saw the exact same shoes on a Chinese site for much less.
    I don't knock anybody's hustle, but I don't like to GET hustled!
    Had I never discovered the Chinese site, I would've been a regular customer for Enzo Footwear.
    Honestly, most of the black owned shoe companies get stuff from China ... Even more than shoes, that's unfortunately the game :) ... I hope Enzo takes this as a learning moment though ... Enzo gotta explain to his kid and everything :)

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Honestly, most of the black owned shoe companies get stuff from China ... Even more than shoes, that's unfortunately the game :) ... I hope Enzo takes this as a learning moment though ... Enzo gotta explain to his kid and everything :)
    Facts!

ptrc_white

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

To me this is just proof, our black dollars are NEED to support WS. We need to wake up and start putting our funds into our own communities. Imagine, what we could accomplish if we created our own schools, hospitals and businesses in our own communities. We wouldn’t need to look to our open enemies for education, jobs, housing or food…ijs 🤷🏾‍♀️🙌🏾

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Good point! But how do you get products like, shea butter?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you're looking for Black-owned hair/beauty products, then look for the Proud Lady logo: 20221213_122321.jpg Only actually Black-owned companies can use this logo on their products. Unfortunately, fewer companies are using the logo, because fewer hair/beauty companies are actually Black owned. Excuse my ashy hand, btw.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Also, you can go directly to a company's social media platform & ask if they're actually Black owned. IIRC, that's how I found this company that sells raw shea butter on Amazon :
    20221213_121653.jpg