The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

BET Backs The Police 🚓🚨?

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
One of the tools of the Black Community used to jump start the prison industrial complex is what come to mind when I received 📨 this email...
Dear Roland,

How can BET — Black Entertainment Television — fund and enable police violence against Black people? Considering the cultural impact the network has as an outlet and platform for Black people, the hypocrisy is glaring. What they do behind the scene matters.

That has not stopped BET’s president Scott Mills from sitting on the New York City Police Foundation’s board anyway, despite the foundation funneling money and weapons to the NYPD. Along with that, BET’s parent company Paramount has donated to that same police foundation, and one of its directors is also sitting on its board.1

Call BET and Paramount out on their hypocrisy. Tell their executives to get off the NYC Police Foundation’s board and stop funding police violence against Black people.

DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY FROM BET

After George Floyd was murdered by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, BET released a statement expressing solidarity with Floyd’s family and other victims of police violence.2

Their statement spoke out against “racist brutality,” yet BET’s president and parent company are helping prop up an organization that funnels weapons and surveillance to the massive NYPD without any accountability or oversight from the public. NYPD uses those weapons against Black New Yorkers.

Either BET is working to fight back against police harassment and brutality or helping to prop it up behind closed doors. Empty words aren’t enough and don’t keep Black people safe. Roland, tell BET and ViacomCBS to stop supporting police foundations now.

TELL BET: STOP FUNDING POLICE VIOLENCE!

The NYPD has a long history of over-policing, harassing, and targeting Black communities. This isn’t and shouldn’t be news to the president of BET.
Yet Mills has decided to tie his name and the reputation of the network to the NYC Police Foundation anyway.

By sitting on the NYC Police Foundation board, BET’s president and a ViacomCBS director are abetting the NYPD — and enabling the police department’s violence and corruption.

Tell BET and ViacomCBS that they can’t have it both ways. They can’t say they support Black Lives and racial justice while propping up a system that hurt our communities.

Thank you for staying in the fight.

Until Justice is Real,

Color Of Change Criminal Justice and Democracy Team

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Looks like it's time for Black people to stop supporting or viewing channels such as BET and its sister channels, CBS, Nickelodeon and its sister channels, MTV and MTV2 and its other sister channels, Paramount Network (formerly Spike TV), Pluto TV, etc.

If you are subscribed to Paramount Plus, please consider canceling it.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
BET is a White corporation so why would be surprised that they back White supremacy?
That's right & I don't know why they're still using BET, unless it now stands for
Bogus
Exploitation
Television,
because EVERYONE KNOWS THE REAL DEAL!
OLDDDDDD NIGGGGAR, Bob Johnson sold ALL his legacy to WS!
JET, EBONY & BET! Pretty sure the Afro & Ultra Sheen products as well, that's why you don't see them anymore!
Didn’t pass a damn thing down to his bloodline! I CAN'T STAND CANS! 💯🤬

Coon
Ass
Niggas

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, WHOEVER! We have the power to COLLECTIVELY SHUT THESE ASSHOLES DOWN, so LET'S GET BUSY!
Same with sports, concerts, movie theaters, music sites, social media, etc!
Put the word out. Date, day & time!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, WHOEVER! We have the power to COLLECTIVELY SHUT THESE ASSHOLES DOWN, so LET'S GET BUSY!
Only buy BOBO, for real! We need action, not talk! 💯

Mastamind

Master Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Africa

We do, but most of your average are zombies that don't have a radical bone in their bodies. I can live without BET or any Viacom product but many others can't.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Let’s not get our pitchforks up just yet.

Do we need to divest from mainstream media hell yeah. But we have no idea who wrote this letter, what their goals are, etc. Remember the whole Byron Allen/Ados thing. After he got his deal we havent heard a thing from that negro or his white wife.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Do we need to divest from mainstream media hell yeah. But we have no idea who wrote this letter, what their goals are, etc. Remember the whole Byron Allen/Ados thing. After he got his deal we havent heard a thing from that negro or his white wife.
    I second this.

I’m not moving on anything that comes from an unverified poster. Nothing against the OP in particular it’s just how I roll.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    We do, but most of your average are zombies that don't have a radical bone in their bodies. I can live without BET or any Viacom product but many others can't.
    It's NOT that they can't, they just WON'T! It's really remedial! They'd rather their cable bill significantly increases EVERY DAMN MONTH, then nip that 💩 in the bud! Sick af!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

I really & truly can't stand CAN'S! 💯🤬

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's NOT that they can't, they just WON'T! It's really remedial! They'd rather their cable bill significantly increases EVERY DAMN MONTH, then nip that 💩 in the bud! Sick af!
    And as the bill increases, the quality of content continues to decline simultaneously.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    And as the bill increases, the quality of content continues to decline simultaneously.
    It‘s the American way.
    • The content creators want to spend as little as possible on content hence why see so much reality TV.
    • But on the flipside they want to make more and more money off of it so they constantly increase their Carriage fees that companies like AT&T, Spectrum, and Dish has to pay which in turn make their costs go up.
    This was a losing strategy for the automakers and we see the same trend with TV. Most TV providers have seen catastrophic revenue erosion on their TV products while their internet products soar. Over the top TV is here to stay IMO.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    That $200+ per month could be saving up for Tax Liens, Air BnBs, children, etc. Assets, important & crucial things. 🤷🏽‍♀️

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It‘s the American way.
    • The content creators want to spend as little as possible on content hence why see so much reality TV.
    • But on the flipside they want to make more and more money off of it so they constantly increase their Carriage fees that companies like AT&T, Spectrum, and Dish has to pay which in turn make their costs go up.
    This was a losing strategy for the automakers and we see the same trend with TV. Most TV providers have seen catastrophic revenue erosion on their TV products while their internet products soar. Over the top TV is here to stay IMO.
    That $200+ per month could be saving up for Tax Liens, Air BnBs, children, etc. Assets, important & crucial things. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Not everyone is going to make it, its that simple.

The main primary reason why you still have people resentfully paying $200 or more a month in TV + Internet + Voice packages (with or without Premium channels like HBO and Starz) is because they have family (and usually children under 18) or because they became creatures of habit. That's it. For the heads of households, they just want everyone in their family as well as the children to be comfortable and happy with being able to watch Nickelodeon, Disney, Cartoon Network, and other channels. A lot of these types of people who pay for these expensive packages are also busy, are working, tend to of an older demographic and are stuck in their ways, and are distracted by their own lives and problems to dwell on issues such as this for too long.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The main primary reason why you still have people resentfully paying $200 or more a month in TV + Internet + Voice packages (with or without Premium channels like HBO and Starz) is because they have family (and usually children under 18) or because they became creatures of habit. That's it. For the heads of households, they just want everyone in their family as well as the children to be comfortable and happy with being able to watch Nickelodeon, Disney, Cartoon Network, and other channels. A lot of these types of people who pay for these expensive packages are also busy, are working, tend to of an older demographic and are stuck in their ways, and are distracted by their own lives and problems to dwell on issues such as this for too long.
    Yup 100%. They can't think of a life without TV and so they stick with the ever expanding cable packages. BUT I remember when I was in telecom we were losing TV customers so fast that if we gained 1 customer in a Qtr it would be considered a success.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yup 100%. They can't think of a life without TV and so they stick with the ever expanding cable packages. BUT I remember when I was in telecom we were losing TV customers so fast that if we gained 1 customer in a Qtr it would be considered a success.
    I hope they don't throttle my internet connection out of spite after I post this, but I have the Internet only package and haven't had a TV package in quite some years. I use a relatives login to watch shows from time to time, but I haven't been able to stomach the agendas and propaganda that local and network TV have been on as of late.

The last straw was after I recently found out that the last few networks I was watching since childhood were supporting anti-Black agendas behind the scenes. Greatly disheartening and outright betrayal. Haven't been watching TV since. I will be looking at other alternatives and hobbies.

My provider is still trying to push that lil funky ass free streaming box they got like it's the covid vaccine, along with their other services and TV packages. Sorry but those monthly broadcast, HD, and sports fees are insane and unjustified. No thanks.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hope they don't throttle my internet connection out of spite after I post this, but I have the Internet only package and haven't had a TV package in quite some years. I use a relatives login to watch shows from time to time, but I haven't been able to stomach the agendas and propaganda that local and network TV have been on as of late.

The last straw was after I recently found out that the last few networks I was watching since childhood were supporting anti-Black agendas behind the scenes. Greatly disheartening and outright betrayal. Haven't been watching TV since. I will be looking at other alternatives and hobbies.

My provider is still trying to push that lil funky ass free streaming box they got like it's the covid vaccine, along with their other services and TV packages. Sorry but those monthly broadcast, HD, and sports fees are insane and unjustified. No thanks.
    Why would they throttle your connection? I doubt they are even paying attention to anything you say. All they care about is you not flooding them with uploads.

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Ya Bet isnt black its toxic celebrity culture, blacks singing about shyt that hurts us and promotes a white agenda. Case and point spend all ur money at jacobs a european jewlery maker. Buy diamonds controlled entirely by jews. but foreigns cars controlled by italians etc. Black women are hos only good for twerking, hustle culture sell crack and go to prision or work 3 jobs etc.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    One of the tools of the Black Community used to jump start the prison industrial complex is what come to mind when I received 📨 this email...
    Dear Roland,

How can BET — Black Entertainment Television — fund and enable police violence against Black people? Considering the cultural impact the network has as an outlet and platform for Black people, the hypocrisy is glaring. What they do behind the scene matters.

That has not stopped BET’s president Scott Mills from sitting on the New York City Police Foundation’s board anyway, despite the foundation funneling money and weapons to the NYPD. Along with that, BET’s parent company Paramount has donated to that same police foundation, and one of its directors is also sitting on its board.1

Call BET and Paramount out on their hypocrisy. Tell their executives to get off the NYC Police Foundation’s board and stop funding police violence against Black people.

DEMAND ACCOUNTABILITY FROM BET

After George Floyd was murdered by Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, BET released a statement expressing solidarity with Floyd’s family and other victims of police violence.2

Their statement spoke out against “racist brutality,” yet BET’s president and parent company are helping prop up an organization that funnels weapons and surveillance to the massive NYPD without any accountability or oversight from the public. NYPD uses those weapons against Black New Yorkers.

Either BET is working to fight back against police harassment and brutality or helping to prop it up behind closed doors. Empty words aren’t enough and don’t keep Black people safe. Roland, tell BET and ViacomCBS to stop supporting police foundations now.

TELL BET: STOP FUNDING POLICE VIOLENCE!

The NYPD has a long history of over-policing, harassing, and targeting Black communities. This isn’t and shouldn’t be news to the president of BET.
    Yet Mills has decided to tie his name and the reputation of the network to the NYC Police Foundation anyway.

By sitting on the NYC Police Foundation board, BET’s president and a ViacomCBS director are abetting the NYPD — and enabling the police department’s violence and corruption.

Tell BET and ViacomCBS that they can’t have it both ways. They can’t say they support Black Lives and racial justice while propping up a system that hurt our communities.

Thank you for staying in the fight.

Until Justice is Real,

Color Of Change Criminal Justice and Democracy Team

Great Expose🙏🏾🙏🏾

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ya Bet isnt black its toxic celebrity culture, blacks singing about shyt that hurts us and promotes a white agenda. Case and point spend all ur money at jacobs a european jewlery maker. Buy diamonds controlled entirely by jews. but foreigns cars controlled by italians etc. Black women are hos only good for twerking, hustle culture sell crack and go to prision or work 3 jobs etc.

Six feet under she gon’ get that fucking paper
    You know how she get down, pop her for a check now
    Six feet under, six
    Six feet under
    Six feet under, six
    Six feet under

^^^ This gives "work yourself to the grave" a whole new meaning. Sad.

TAILIANNA

Black Communist Daoist Immortal
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    You know how she get down, pop her for a check now
    Six feet under, six
    Six feet under
    Six feet under, six
    Six feet under

^^^ This gives "work yourself to the grave" a whole new meaning. Sad.
    dosent get more blatent than that