The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Black boy, crochet prodigy

Kanu

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America

Kcg2trz.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crochet is a process of creating textiles by using a crochet hook to interlock loops of yarn, thread, or strands of other materials. The name is derived from the French term crochet, meaning 'small hook'. Hooks can be made from a variety of materials, such as metal, wood, bamboo, or plastic.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You can tell this boy is going to go places. Heck, he can probably start his own business selling his items online. I would buy some!

I wish I had half his skill when it came to this. I learned how to sew by learning stitches in medical school LOL That's just bad.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    You can tell this boy is going to go places. Heck, he can probably start his own business selling his items online. I would buy some!

I wish I had half his skill when it came to this. I learned how to sew by learning stitches in medical school LOL That's just bad.
    Definitely has skills but these stories aren’t always that great to me. When I see children applauded for things adults do I always feel for the child. Like, when I watch this I see an insulated young boy who is disconnected from his peers. The way he was able to relates to the old White lady was by crocheting and he’s great at it and it gets him this story and bonding time with Margaret but what does it do for him? I hope the lady does two things for his mental health.
    • Socializes him with kids his age. Crocheting while awesome, it’s usually an old people thing. If he is so caught up in that and not with kids his age, he will be unable to relate and will be ostracized.
    • GET HIM AROUND SOME BLACK PEOPLE.

This kids needs a black people epi pen now.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Definitely has skills but these stories aren’t always that great to me. When I see children applauded for things adults do I always feel for the child. Like, when I watch this I see an insulated young boy who is disconnected from his peers. The way he was able to relates to the old White lady was by crocheting and he’s great at it and it gets him this story and bonding time with Margaret but what does it do for him? I hope the lady does two things for his mental health.
    • Socializes him with kids his age. Crocheting while awesome, it’s usually an old people thing. If he is so caught up in that and not with kids his age, he will be unable to relate and will be ostracized.
    • GET HIM AROUND SOME BLACK PEOPLE.

This kids needs a black people epi pen now.
    This is true. He needs to be around kids his own age and own skin tone or he won't have any real connection with that aspect of his life. As long as he is socializing and is aware of the differences of class, color, etc. then that is good. That is on her though to make sure she raises him right. He is an intelligent boy who can do great things in the future for his own community which needs more bright leaders, philosophers, etc.