The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Black culture in the US - What needs to change?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I think it is important we hold onto our culture and uplift the good aspects of it but I feel like we will not go anywhere if we continue to uplift the bad aspects of it and let white-washed Jewish men in Hollywood dictate what is and is not our culture for us. They promote the worst things about us and is it any wonder why there are still people who treat us differently because of our skin? I know plenty of people say they don't, especially white folks, but deep down they do and it is because of stereotyping and this thug and hood rat culture that has been defined for us. They want us to fail and they use this against us.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think it is important we hold onto our culture and uplift the good aspects of it but I feel like we will not go anywhere if we continue to uplift the bad aspects of it and let white-washed Jewish men in Hollywood dictate what is and is not our culture for us. They promote the worst things about us and is it any wonder why there are still people who treat us differently because of our skin? I know plenty of people say they don't, especially white folks, but deep down they do and it is because of stereotyping and this thug and hood rat culture that has been defined for us. They want us to fail and they use this against us.
    No, they hate us because they are racist and ignorant, not because they are innocent and misled by Jewish white men. There’s a racial hierarchy and everybody hops on the “I hate negros’ train to get accepted into Anglo society.

We need to unify around a code and get the coons out the paint, that’s what we need to do. My latest article: The Coon Next Door talks about this and it’s the thing we need to be laser focused on. Unify around a common goal of Black Empowerment, push the coons out, and keep pushing along.

We can’t control what Jewish men do with their money and what their record labels distribute…all we can do is not patronize it.

Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Shaw'lome Brother Jay. Do you believe that "The Code" already exists or still needs to be developed?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Neely Fuller is such an underrated intellectual. I don't particularly care for this question as it puts the onus all on us. How about what the white man needs to better; where's that conversation? Why is the question "what do Black people have to do better under constant sabotage" it's fucking bullshit. Not to sound angry but the premise of the question is nonsense.

Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Shaw'lome Brother Honorable. I agree with your position on accountability when it comes to those OUTSIDE of us, but I disagree when it comes to we who are WITHIN. A LEADER should ALWAYS be asking himself, "WHAT CAN I DO BETTER? WHAT DO I NEED? AND WHAT DO I NO LONGER NEED?" Once we stop asking these questions... well... just take a look around you. We can ask the, "White man," what he needs to do better, but can we make him?

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    There are plenty of record labels that are owned by black men these days so the Jewish thing doesn't hold up anymore. You can say this in the earlier days when they wouldn't let a black man own anything dealing with music. There are certainly issues there dealing with artists needing to reclaim their old work and have full ownership of it again. I believe some law was passed not too long ago that helps this.

As for the culture, I feel like the things that need changing are relationships and family units. That is it. If that changes, it will impact everything and anything bad within the culture or the communities will be weeded out by our own. No one wants to live in high-crime areas. No one wants to coast through life living on food stamps and welfare but the government in this country has established the need for these things because they want to keep us trapped in the ghettos. They helped to destroy the black family unit and we have to establish it for ourselves.

Think about it like this; Everyone in the US and other countries loves our style, our music, our food yet we are still considered to be the least likely to succeed. Do you think this is down to our culture and talents or down to a system that is set up to make sure most of us fail?

Point being... We need to focus on our families and our communities. Make those stronger. People love our culture but plenty of racists and people who just want to keep us at the bottom will associate us all as being nothing but thugs and criminals. That is not our culture, that is the culture the government has established for people in general who struggle on the streets.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There are plenty of record labels that are owned by black men these days so the Jewish thing doesn't hold up anymore. You can say this in the earlier days when they wouldn't let a black man own anything dealing with music. There are certainly issues there dealing with artists needing to reclaim their old work and have full ownership of it again. I believe some law was passed not too long ago that helps this.

As for the culture, I feel like the things that need changing are relationships and family units. That is it. If that changes, it will impact everything and anything bad within the culture or the communities will be weeded out by our own. No one wants to live in high-crime areas. No one wants to coast through life living on food stamps and welfare but the government in this country has established the need for these things because they want to keep us trapped in the ghettos. They helped to destroy the black family unit and we have to establish it for ourselves.

Think about it like this; Everyone in the US and other countries loves our style, our music, our food yet we are still considered to be the least likely to succeed. Do you think this is down to our culture and talents or down to a system that is set up to make sure most of us fail?

Point being... We need to focus on our families and our communities. Make those stronger. People love our culture but plenty of racists and people who just want to keep us at the bottom will associate us all as being nothing but thugs and criminals. That is not our culture, that is the culture the government has established for people in general who struggle on the streets.
    The Jewish things still holds because who is funding those Black "owned" labels. Who is handling the distribution. We see many Black owned things that are funded by White people which basically makes it Black looking. Cuz the second the Black owner does something that the WHite funder doesn't like, the funds are cut and the Black "owned" thing is dead. If it ain't grassroots funded at this point, it aint Black.

Deluge

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Not really my place to talk on FBA culture, but I think it doesnt make sense to look at the material conditions of any people and blame it on their culture when the culture itself is a result of their material conditions and history. It's like cutting a man's leg off and blaming him for not being able to run. Crabs in a bucket pull each other down, but dont forget crabs dont naturally occur in buckets. Someone forced them into that bucket in the first place.

White people didnt start being racist because of "ghetto culture" and wouldnt stop being racist if "ghetto culture" vanished and was replaced with the culture of the 1930s or something. In fact there's a popular song from the 1920s/30s, called Puttin' on the Ritz, and the original lyrics for that song are about going to Harlem and laughing at black people for dressing up in nice suits and dresses. The lyrics even have that debunked stereotype of "black people spend all their money on clothing". Ironically after the stock market crash perfumes, furs, and fancy clothing were a great investment because they still retained value, but thats besides the point.

I believe that one of the main reasons that Hollywood pushed this current narrative about what black culture is was to manufacture consent for mass incarceration and defunding of black communities with the 94 crime bill. Joe Biden and Bill Clinton in those recordings keep talking about this ruthless motherless black teen/man who is going to come for your family, and they just don't know how to heal him but for now we have to lock him up as long as possible -- and force him to work as a slave. The media image was just to manipulate people to go along with it because something just needed to be done about crime, despite crime already decreasing before the crime bill and decreasing all around the world in countries that didnt enact any mass incarceration or tough on crime laws.
    Investment groups like Black Rock and Vanguard had controlling shares in the private prison industry, controlling shares in every entertainment network and music distributor, and also paid lobbyists to promote the crime bill. Meaning that the racist treatment wasnt the sole result of the stereotypes derived from media images, but the stereotypical media image was created to justify racist treatment they already planned to do. According to the history of the Americas, that is exactly how racism developed during slavery, with stereotypes and racist ideas just being made up out of nowhere to justify slavery, torture, and rape.

Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Ehyeseph Ehyeh
    Shaw'lome Brother Deluge. Question: Your quote, "According to the history of the Americas, that is exactly how racism developed during slavery, with stereotypes and racist ideas just being made up out of nowhere to justify slavery, torture, and rape." What do you mean when you say, "Racism developed during slavery?" Are you implying that it didn't exist before? I'm asking for a reason.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Not really my place to talk on FBA culture, but I think it doesnt make sense to look at the material conditions of any people and blame it on their culture when the culture itself is a result of their material conditions and history. It's like cutting a man's leg off and blaming him for not being able to run. Crabs in a bucket pull each other down, but dont forget crabs dont naturally occur in buckets. Someone forced them into that bucket in the first place.

White people didnt start being racist because of "ghetto culture" and wouldnt stop being racist if "ghetto culture" vanished and was replaced with the culture of the 1930s or something. In fact there's a popular song from the 1920s/30s, called Puttin' on the Ritz, and the original lyrics for that song are about going to Harlem and laughing at black people for dressing up in nice suits and dresses. The lyrics even have that debunked stereotype of "black people spend all their money on clothing". Ironically after the stock market crash perfumes, furs, and fancy clothing were a great investment because they still retained value, but thats besides the point.

I believe that one of the main reasons that Hollywood pushed this current narrative about what black culture is was to manufacture consent for mass incarceration and defunding of black communities with the 94 crime bill. Joe Biden and Bill Clinton in those recordings keep talking about this ruthless motherless black teen/man who is going to come for your family, and they just don't know how to heal him but for now we have to lock him up as long as possible -- and force him to work as a slave. The media image was just to manipulate people to go along with it because something just needed to be done about crime, despite crime already decreasing before the crime bill and decreasing all around the world in countries that didnt enact any mass incarceration or tough on crime laws.
    Investment groups like Black Rock and Vanguard had controlling shares in the private prison industry, controlling shares in every entertainment network and music distributor, and also paid lobbyists to promote the crime bill. Meaning that the racist treatment wasnt the sole result of the stereotypes derived from media images, but the stereotypical media image was created to justify racist treatment they already planned to do. According to the history of the Americas, that is exactly how racism developed during slavery, with stereotypes and racist ideas just being made up out of nowhere to justify slavery, torture, and rape.
    Michael Conor Mic Drop GIF by In Real Life

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

This is exactly why I didn't want to make an FBA only forum because this is the type of dialogue we need. This is healthy and this should show all our FBA brothers and sisters that not ever non-FBA is someone who is against us. We have coons in our mix 360 degrees around and we need remove them from our politic so we can have real dialog and understanding globally.

Thank you very much for sharing. I created a new Props because the regular one wasn't sufficient...you get a Mad Props for this post. Every time someone gets a Mad Props on this board from here on our, know it's because of you and this post.

john legend thank you GIF by The Voice

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The bolded made my jaw drop… I will never hear that song the same again…a brotha ain’t safe. It’s so true that sometimes you just a Nigga in suit, still a nigga though.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks

Your post highlights the danger in:

1. The educational system teaching propaganda as something abstract.
    2. Dogmatism taught rather than critical thinking.

Americans are subject to non-stop propaganda but are unable to discern it from reality because propaganda is the default state. To live as an American devoid of propaganda is to have to rewrite your whole world view. It's to realize that the men who you hold high as Luke, Obi-Wan, and Han are really Vader, Sidious, and Kylo Ren.

This impacts us because we are enemy number 1 of this propaganda an are subject to the economic, physical, and social ramifications of it. But a weakened Africa resigns us to this fate, we are a ship with no home port. @Jay and @RichAfricanUncle had a great exchange about this.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    The Jewish things still holds because who is funding those Black "owned" labels. Who is handling the distribution. We see many Black owned things that are funded by White people which basically makes it Black looking. Cuz the second the Black owner does something that the WHite funder doesn't like, the funds are cut and the Black "owned" thing is dead. If it ain't grassroots funded at this point, it aint Black.
    That is fair. I never looked deep enough into things to know where the money starts. So would you say these people be them Jewish or white are using black people as a "cover" to make more money by appearing more "diverse" or giving false hope?

D

Deleted member 1946

Of course, they promote the worst things about us since they see us as their enemy.

D

Deleted member 1946

No, they hate us because they are racist and ignorant, not because they are innocent and misled by Jewish white men. There’s a racial hierarchy and everybody hops on the “I hate negros’ train to get accepted into Anglo society.

We need to unify around a code and get the coons out the paint, that’s what we need to do. My latest article: The Coon Next Door talks about this and it’s the thing we need to be laser focused on. Unify around a common goal of Black Empowerment, push the coons out, and keep pushing along.

We can’t control what Jewish men do with their money and what their record labels distribute…all we can do is not patronize it.

You gave some sound advice. We need to control the things we can actually control. We need to stop making excuses. At this point, there are more and more of our folks who are promoting positive things that help our folks. I see some of our folks making nice music and nice movies.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Elements in Hip hop, a bit of ratchet can co-exist with black empowerment. The problem today is that the ratchet stuff is dominant. I've been in very conservative areas of America and overseas and there is some underground ratchet going on but its not dominant or pushed. With us its pushed both externally and internally. A wee bit of ratchet has to play a minor role to black empowerment.

As Jason Black said, they hate us because we are black but they can dominate us because we are poor. An economic base makes it harder to practice white supremacy. Any of us on here can pend 20 years in jail unfairly over some random traffic stop or whatever. But it took millions of dollars, a lot of time and resources just to go after Cosby, Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, and any other big name.

Its much harder to successfully jail a black professional (engineer, dentist, etc) than an unemployed Pookie or Ray Ray. Its much harder to jam up the kid of a professional black man than the kid of a single mom from the projects.

Part of a myriad of reasons I try to be successful is for my own protection. Lastly, white supremacy is played as a team sport and as a collective we must defend it as a team sport, domestically...and globally, with all on code peoples. Racist Steve Bannon went to Hungary, Austria to support their hard right governments. White folks are cheering on the Afrikaaners in South Africa and I'd be very surprised if any of the supremacy groups in America didn't reach out.

Slowly but surely, on code Blacks in America are finding each other with platforms such as this or other influencers. It's growing, long may it last. It isn't happening soon enough, but the good thing so far is groups of people and high profile blacks are being pushed to either represent or be excluded.

Jay
    Jay
    Yup the more resources we have to combat it the better. Resources + community are a huge problem for the power structure. Cosby alone can be taken out but we made the NBA backdown when they tried to go after Kyrie.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The thing is even if we work hard not to fit the stereotype we're treated badly.

I've been racially profiled while in full police uniform twice. I've been racially profiled with my wife and kids in the car with me multiple times.

I was in full scrubs with my nursing badge on and in plain view and had a cop ask why I had a syringe in the vehicle (wasn't even a syringe it was a ear lavage).

We're not all going to always be in a suit and look like a business professional all the time. We should be able to be treated respectfully regardless.

The issue is regardless of how much you try to not be these stereotypes they see skin color first! And they treat according to that!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You gave some sound advice. We need to control the things we can actually control. We need to stop making excuses. At this point, there are more and more of our folks who are promoting positive things that help our folks. I see some of our folks making nice music and nice movies.
    Yup a lot of times we be so focused on debating on crap we can’t control that we don’t focus on what we can. How many people complain about being banned on Social Media but don’t be on any of the Black platforms?

OTR
    OTR
    Great point! Another one - black people complaining about how they're treated in White and Asian establishments but don't want to spend a dollar supporting black businesses.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Another thing is white supremacy got actual billionaires spending to keep it going. A lot them are worth tens of millions, 100s of millions and billions. Robert Mercer stays out of the spotlight, estimated worth ranges from several hundred million to over a billion. Hard core white supremacist. He has spent tens of millions minimum promoting white supremacy.

Some of our major influencers are multi millionaires (Tariq, TBA, I'm guessing Dr. Boyce and one or two others), but no one of the super wealthy blacks. Not expecting but just like the civil rights movement, once this B1 gets going they will eventually jump on. Kyrie seems the most poised to be one. The white supremacist super rich stay off the radar.

I am thankful for what Cosby, Oprah, Michael Jordan, Robert Smith and others have done in terms of giving back such as massive donations to HBCUs, etc, BUT wouldn't it have been nice if they one of them were the black financial counter to Robert Mercer? Where we have even 2 or 3 mega rich willing to spend millions on the low? I pray for that day but in the meantime, the grassroots is what we need to get to.

The great thing about the grassroots you have great minds as well as that 'turn up' element, and trust me, white folks mad 'scurred' about that.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Of course, they promote the worst things about us since they see us as their enemy.
    What bothers me the most about it, is what did black people ever EVER do to the Jewish people?

Someone I know ties a lot of their hatred to Egypt saying they blame blacks for the Jewish slave trade and a lot of history points to black slavery as a whole being a Jewish orchestrated thing but I never looked into it enough to confirm anything.

D

Deleted member 1946

Elements in Hip hop, a bit of ratchet can co-exist with black empowerment. The problem today is that the ratchet stuff is dominant. I've been in very conservative areas of America and overseas and there is some underground ratchet going on but its not dominant or pushed. With us its pushed both externally and internally. A wee bit of ratchet has to play a minor role to black empowerment.

As Jason Black said, they hate us because we are black but they can dominate us because we are poor. An economic base makes it harder to practice white supremacy. Any of us on here can pend 20 years in jail unfairly over some random traffic stop or whatever. But it took millions of dollars, a lot of time and resources just to go after Cosby, Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, and any other big name.

Its much harder to successfully jail a black professional (engineer, dentist, etc) than an unemployed Pookie or Ray Ray. Its much harder to jam up the kid of a professional black man than the kid of a single mom from the projects.

Part of a myriad of reasons I try to be successful is for my own protection. Lastly, white supremacy is played as a team sport and as a collective we must defend it as a team sport, domestically...and globally, with all on code peoples. Racist Steve Bannon went to Hungary, Austria to support their hard right governments. White folks are cheering on the Afrikaaners in South Africa and I'd be very surprised if any of the supremacy groups in America didn't reach out.

Slowly but surely, on code Blacks in America are finding each other with platforms such as this or other influencers. It's growing, long may it last. It isn't happening soon enough, but the good thing so far is groups of people and high profile blacks are being pushed to either represent or be excluded.
    I agree with this. I am a person who loves to see a ratchet fist fight as long as both people agree to fight and nobody is jumped. i don't occupy most of my time with this kind of stuff though. We need to spend a lot of our time being productive, but we all need to laugh and do things that you have suggested.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Overall, change the economy of Black people (anywhere really) and you change (improve) the culture. Middle class values are middle class values everywhere in the world no matter the race, ethnicity or religion.

Windsor Hills, LA, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, DeSoto, Texas are pretty much the same as Victoria Island, Lagos in terms of culture. Mostly 2 parent homes, kids education is stressed. Kids can't wear anything too ratchet.

Pre Civil Rights era, Black communities were more socially conservative than pretty much any white community of similar social class. The problem is that often times the middle class writes off and even demonizes the lower economic classes (talented 10th, Boule`, etc.)

D

Deleted member 1946

Overall, change the economy of Black people (anywhere really) and you change (improve) the culture. Middle class values are middle class values everywhere in the world no matter the race, ethnicity or religion.

Windsor Hills, LA, Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, DeSoto, Texas are pretty much the same as Victoria Island, Lagos in terms of culture. Mostly 2 parent homes, kids education is stressed. Kids can't wear anything too ratchet.

Pre Civil Rights era, Black communities were more socially conservative than pretty much any white community of similar social class. The problem is that often times the middle class writes off and even demonizes the lower economic classes (talented 10th, Boule`, etc.)
    Yep. Our culture is slowly being changed in the wrong direction. If we made small changes over time, we would be unstoppable.

D

Deleted member 1946

What bothers me the most about it, is what did black people ever EVER do to the Jewish people?

Someone I know ties a lot of their hatred to Egypt saying they blame blacks for the Jewish slave trade and a lot of history points to black slavery as a whole being a Jewish orchestrated thing but I never looked into it enough to confirm anything.
    Good question. What did we do to the Chinese or Arabs or Mexicans, but they overall hate us?

D

Deleted member 1946

Another thing is white supremacy got actual billionaires spending to keep it going. A lot them are worth tens of millions, 100s of millions and billions. Robert Mercer stays out of the spotlight, estimated worth ranges from several hundred million to over a billion. Hard core white supremacist. He has spent tens of millions minimum promoting white supremacy.

Some of our major influencers are multi millionaires (Tariq, TBA, I'm guessing Dr. Boyce and one or two others), but no one of the super wealthy blacks. Not expecting but just like the civil rights movement, once this B1 gets going they will eventually jump on. Kyrie seems the most poised to be one. The white supremacist super rich stay off the radar.

I am thankful for what Cosby, Oprah, Michael Jordan, Robert Smith and others have done in terms of giving back such as massive donations to HBCUs, etc, BUT wouldn't it have been nice if they one of them were the black financial counter to Robert Mercer? Where we have even 2 or 3 mega rich willing to spend millions on the low? I pray for that day but in the meantime, the grassroots is what we need to get to.

The great thing about the grassroots you have great minds as well as that 'turn up' element, and trust me, white folks mad 'scurred' about that.
    Yep. They dont wanna lose their power/control of this world. Our really big money folks at the top got their money because Whites gave it to them, and they dont want to lose it.

D

Deleted member 1946

The thing is even if we work hard not to fit the stereotype we're treated badly.

I've been racially profiled while in full police uniform twice. I've been racially profiled with my wife and kids in the car with me multiple times.

I was in full scrubs with my nursing badge on and in plain view and had a cop ask why I had a syringe in the vehicle (wasn't even a syringe it was a ear lavage).

We're not all going to always be in a suit and look like a business professional all the time. We should be able to be treated respectfully regardless.

The issue is regardless of how much you try to not be these stereotypes they see skin color first! And they treat according to that!
    They definitely see skin color whether we want to or not.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Good question. What did we do to the Chinese or Arabs or Mexicans, but they overall hate us?
    There is really no reason to tie anything to race unless these people are racists. Like it isn't like black people stole land, enslaved, or raped any of their women!

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What need to change is ostracizing the good people while promoting people that do everything in their power to run away from being black . The disgusting worship of white/light skin. This bullshit gatekeeping blacks do to only other blacks but let every other ethnic group in because they think it hurts certain groups of blacks .

To be completely honest most of black culture is backwards and that not to say white culture is better or Hispanic or Asian but blacks only fight other blacks.

The hatred of the mysterious boule makes no sense and is just rooted in bitterness. WHERE IS THE "BOULE" KILLING ANYONE BUT JAMAL OFF THE BLOCK CAN MURDER ANYONE AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR HIS CRIMES BUT THE BLACK KID NOT FROM THE HOOD IS THAT READ DOES HIS HOMEWORK DOESN'T JOIN A GANG IS THE BAD GUY ? WTF IS THAT ? Most of black culture has to be thrown in the trash to be honest.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    What happened for the disunity to occur?
    Drugs dumped in every Black neighborhood. Everyone was hell bent on getting high. Cocaine, Heroin, etc.
    Those that weren't addicted & remained were either incarcerated or dead.
    Most relocated, because high crime made it impossible to stay.

OTR

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black culture in the US definitely needs to change. The ideas and social behaviour that permeates through the community is not that of empowerment but rather destructive in nature.

The celebration of gang culture and violence needs to stop (this is an American thing though and not isolated to black people but black people do not need to participate in this arena).

The single parent epidemic and having kids by multiple partners needs to stop. This destroys the family unit. Men need to lead their households but in saying so, they also need to take accountability for their actions. Women need to become a lot more agreeable, respectful and less argumentative. This alpha woman nonsense or I don't need a man crap needs to stop too - we need each other.

Black people need to detach themselves from toxic ideologies - Feminism, Tribalism etc. It creates separatism and isolation from potential allies be it Caribbean, African or just non-FBA blacks in America. These ideas cause dissension and take away from the collective group.

Black people need to spend their dollar in the black community and black businesses need to provide excellent service or product offering to retain customers/clients.

Black people should stop idolising rappers, athletes, thespians, entertainers etc and shift their focus to intellectuals who can drive real change in the community. Celebrities can drop a million bucks but intellectuals can change the mental paradigm of the younger generation if their work is highlighted & celebrated.

Black people make fun of nerds but yet here we are on a platform built by someone who would be considered a nerd in the black community as opposed to be celebrated as a VISIONARY for creating a black-centric platform. Intellectual and excellent behaviour should be rewarded at all times. Kids emulate what is celebrated.

Last edited:

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black culture in the US definitely needs to change. The ideas and social behaviour that permeates through the community is not that of empowerment but rather destructive in nature.

The celebration of gang culture and violence needs to stop (this is an American thing though and not isolated to black people but black people do not need to participate in this arena).

The single parent epidemic and having kids by multiple partners needs to stop. This destroys the family unit. Men need to lead their households but in saying so, they also need to take accountability for their actions. Women need to become a lot more agreeable, respectful and less argumentative. This alpha woman nonsense or I don't need a man crap needs to stop too - we need each other.

Black people need to detach themselves from toxic ideologies - Feminism, Tribalism etc. It creates separatism and isolation from potential allies be it Caribbean, African or just non-FBA blacks in America. These ideas cause dissension and take away from the collective group.

Black people need to spend their dollar in the black community and black businesses need to provide excellent service or product offering to retain customers/clients.

Black people should stop idolising rappers, athletes, thespians, entertainers etc and shift their focus to intellectuals who can drive real change in the community. Celebrities can drop a million bucks but intellectuals can change the mental paradigm of the younger generation if their work is highlighted & celebrated.

Black people make fun of nerds but yet here we are on a platform built by someone who would be considered a nerd in the black community as opposed to be celebrated as a VISIONARY for a creating black-centric platform. Intellectual and excellent behaviour should rewarded at all times. Kids emulate what is celebrated.
    I agree with all this. This what I mean but building and uplifting healthy culture. We know what makes people strong and it starts with a stable family foundation. The racists stole that from us when they saw our marriages were doing better than their own in the 50s and 60s. Starting pushing all the drugs into our communities, promoting loose ratchet and thug culture, they stole from us all over again and for whatever reason the people at the time let it happen. We can't keep making that mistake.

OTR
    OTR
    Exactly! The strong black family unit is the FOUNDATION for success.
    D

Deleted member 1946

I agree with all this. This what I mean but building and uplifting healthy culture. We know what makes people strong and it starts with a stable family foundation. The racists stole that from us when they saw our marriages were doing better than their own in the 50s and 60s. Starting pushing all the drugs into our communities, promoting loose ratchet and thug culture, they stole from us all over again and for whatever reason the people at the time let it happen. We can't keep making that mistake.
    Yep. There are good qualities in all of us. We should promote those good qualities and accomplishments.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As I read through your comments Brothers & Sisters, I think we need to ensure that we don't lose sight of something True. There is, in fact, a number of people, OUTSIDE of our culture, whose image/opinion/beliefs about us, have indeed been formed by "The Media." So, what am I saying? I am saying that we must remain OBJECTIVE. SUBJECTIVITY is one of the MAIN GOALS of their, to use a term from my personal belief system, SATANIC Media System.

OTR
    OTR
    Yes, a negative perception was created over time by the media but that said accountability is also an issue within the black community. Plenty of reckless black people that exhibit a lot of toxic, violent and downlight degrading behaviour for all to see. Black on black gun violence, domestic abuse, criminal activity, stupid ratchet reality tv shows etc...all this doesn't help in creating a wholesome image.

We can't keep blaming the white men and not look within to see what we can fix ourselves. This isn't limited to Black Americans only...this is an issue with black people in general.

OTR

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ehyeseph Ehyeh - Ja Morant has just been recently suspended for flexing a gun on insta live. This is the destructive behaviour I was referring to. He's made it (probably worth millions) but due to the destructive pro-thug/keep it real black culture, he's putting his career at risk for the sake of looking tough. Another reason why kids shouldn't emulate athletes or put them on a pedestal.

Most are very talented, but not always intellectual when it comes to understanding the big picture implications of such reckless behaviour.

Last edited: