Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This movie is supposed to come out this year. I haven't seen much info on it though. I guess they are still filming. I don't know how many hours is actually takes to film, edit, etc. for films.

Anyone here know anything about it? Do you plan on seeing it? I thought the first one was pretty good and while I am not really into comic heroes or stories anymore, I will likely watch this one. It is a shame Chadwick Boseman passed away in 2020. I know people are talking about keeping the character alive somehow.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
This movie is supposed to come out this year. I haven't seen much info on it though. I guess they are still filming. I don't know how many hours is actually takes to film, edit, etc. for films.

Anyone here know anything about it? Do you plan on seeing it? I thought the first one was pretty good and while I am not really into comic heroes or stories anymore, I will likely watch this one. It is a shame Chadwick Boseman passed away in 2020. I know people are talking about keeping the character alive somehow.
I don't even know who's replacing Chadwick? Also, they'd wanna pay our actors/actresses their worth! Paying unknown Caspers millions & A list black excellence thousands, really?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I keep seeing articles on the new movie and they say they are going to have an LGBT element in it. I believe they will ruin the franchise doing this.
    They do this shit on purpose.

Spiderman didn't have this element (3 movies)
    Thor didn't have this element (3 movies)
    Iron Man didn't have this element (3 movies)
    Doctor Strange didn't have this element
    Black widow didn't have this element
    Guardians of the galaxy didn't have this element
    you get my point..

all of these Marvel movies (a shit ton more I didn't mention) and non of them have that LGBT agenda in them but they wait until a predominantly Black Superhero move to introduce it?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't even know who's replacing Chadwick? Also, they'd wanna pay our actors/actresses their worth! Paying unknown Caspers millions & A list black excellence thousands, really?
    Looking at the cast, I don't know if Black Panther will even be in the movie. I know fans are wanting the character in the movie though. It will be hard to replace that man though.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I keep seeing articles on the new movie and they say they are going to have an LGBT element in it. I believe they will ruin the franchise doing this.

you get my point..

all of these Marvel movies (a shit ton more I didn't mention) and non of them have that LGBT agenda in them but they wait until a predominantly Black Superhero move to introduce it?
    They're always trying to put that twisted shit on us, when it ORIGINATED FROM THEM! Go all the way back to MIDEVIL times. King Louis, King Henry & other KKKAUKKKAZOIDS were straight up RUMP RANGERS! They invented it, not us! 💯

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    They're always trying to put that twisted shit on us, when it ORIGINATED FROM THEM! Go all the way back to MIDEVIL times. King Louis, King Henry & other KKKAUKKKAZOIDS were straight up RUMP RANGERS! They invented it, not us! 💯
    I spelled medieval that way purposely. 💯

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

you get my point..

This is exactly why I don’t want to watch it. When I read that I had to facepalm. Why can we not watch a movie without having to hear about who someone wants to sleep with?

Like it’s a movie of a nigga with cat like powers saving the world and for some reason someone in it gotta talk talk about how they like people who have the same genitalia as them? That’s sickening.

I bet there was homosexuality in ancient Africa but Greece took it to the next level and was just all out with it and set the tone for the rest of Europe.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What is with them slapping an LGBT whatever on so many shows and movies? I mean when they do this, they tank stuff. I have seen it done in TV shows, remakes, movies, and even video games. I feel like this could be on purpose. The first movie had huge success and they don't want it to carry on. Would not surprise me.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    What is with them slapping an LGBT whatever on so many shows and movies? I mean when they do this, they tank stuff. I have seen it done in TV shows, remakes, movies, and even video games. I feel like this could be on purpose. The first movie had huge success and they don't want it to carry on. Would not surprise me.
    This movie grossed over $1B opening weekend. They've gotta downgrade is somehow, so it doesn't surpass the first billion. I wouldn't be surprised if Chadwick was actually murdered, think about it. 🤔

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This movie grossed over $1B opening weekend. They've gotta downgrade is somehow, so it doesn't surpass the first billion. I wouldn't be surprised if Chadwick was actually murdered, think about it. 🤔
    I thought that but he was pretty ill and had been for a while. If it wasn't for that though, I would for sure be questioning stuff. The more I think about it the more I am beginning to think that they don't want anything for black people having too much success. Can't let the white man look bad in comparison.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I thought that but he was pretty ill and had been for a while. If it wasn't for that though, I would for sure be questioning stuff. The more I think about it the more I am beginning to think that they don't want anything for black people having too much success. Can't let the white man look bad in comparison.
    I'm suspicious EVERY TIME any of our people die! 💯

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I'm suspicious EVERY TIME any of our people die! 💯
    I think a lot of people from the area he grew up in developed cancer from some waste plant thats been dumping in their sewage/water system in that town. I remember hearing about that being a trend.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    This is exactly why I don’t want to watch it. When I read that I had to facepalm. Why can we not watch a movie without having to hear about who someone wants to sleep with?

Like it’s a movie of a nigga with cat like powers saving the world and for some reason someone in it gotta talk talk about how they like people who have the same genitalia as them? That’s sickening.

I bet there was homosexuality in ancient Africa but Greece took it to the next level and was just all out with it and set the tone for the rest of Europe.
    WHen they used to put us on tv or film, they had us as non sexual people. THe Black sidekick never got the girl, or were meek...now they just straight mocking us. Kinda how they put Precious on the cover of that magazine to troll us.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    WHen they used to put us on tv or film, they had us as non sexual people. THe Black sidekick never got the girl, or were meek...now they just straight mocking us. Kinda how they put Precious on the cover of that magazine to troll us.
    Yup we went from never getting the girl, to the 90’s with good imagery like boomerang, they shut that shit down and said ok you don’t get the girl but we gon show you getting the dude.

SMH.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    How does this line up with the story though? I am not too familiar with the comic series but I thought this dude was a rebellion or something? Like an actual villain in the comics?
    I think that being a ruler in a clan entitles you to take the BP throne if you are worthy. So, even though he had problems with T'Challa, he was always "family". I really hate those apostrophes in in "African" words.

Victorystatus

Smell my cologne...
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

I heard Disney is trying to Buck Break the storyline by bringing back Tchalla as moist, I don't quote me. Another thing is that villains also go through a greyhero phrase in every storyline, so getting Killmonger to fulfill hero duties with a villains rage similar to The [current] Venom story.

BeHart

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

I still like comics, anime, etc. However, I have seen enough films that would have been good get "disneyed." Maybe I'll wait for a grassroorts review on the film first if it plays. If they make a woman be the protagonist, if that isn't Canon, then its "me too'd". I won't bother watching.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We already know that Shuri DOES become the Black Panther but incel idiots cannot stand for it to be on the big screen.

Expect to see Chadwick in the Ancestral Plain in the next movie.

View attachment 1397

View attachment 1395

View attachment 1396
    I am all for a female Black Panther. I'll just put that out there. I get why back in the day most heroes were men/male but having more badass female heroes is needed, especially ones who aren't white.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wonder when people are going to tire of these marvel movies.
    It's a psychological escape to three audiences in one movie:
    1.Comic heads now the story.
    2. Fans of the character want to see how it looks in live action, e.g., powers and abilities, plot development...
    3. New fans that don't know much about the character or story.

Roparker71

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    New trailer just dropped for Wakanda Forever. Looks alright, but damn they gotta reign it in on the CGI. It's too CGI heavy for my tastes. As well, is Namor the villain in this? Looks really cringey when he shows up.

View: https://youtu.be/_Z3QKkl1WyM
    I'm still on the fence about watching it myself... I think that the role of T'Challa should have been recast...

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm still on the fence about watching it myself... I think that the role of T'Challa should have been recast...
    This trailer has more men so that's a good thing. I cant be upset shuri is black panther since that's an occurence in the comics as well. Im dreading if it has a same sex scene cause that would completely turn me off the movie but no way to know until the movie drops.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They turned Black Panther into a Blacks vs. Mexicans movie.

New Girl Facepalm GIF by HULU

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is that meant to be Namor?

I am not very familiar with the villains from the comics. I guess they are going with the female Black Panther. Not hating on that. I just wish we had more time with the male one seeing as that was such a huge symbol for the people in the first one. I feel like them rushing into this switch is more so down to Chadwick's death but it is going to come off like some sort of forced white liberal feminist nonsense. I hope not.

The CGI is not a good look though. The more they use it in movies like this, the less I want to see them.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wakanda Forever was a great movie. I'm not going to lie. I had plenty of reservations because of the absence of Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa). The set pieces were breathtaking & very colorful. The costumes were on point just like the first film. A lot of action & plenty of heartwarming moments that put you in a emotional roller-coaster. The technology & brilliance of the females in this movie is formidable. The women in this movie do take the lead to a certain degree but it works. A lot of surprises with a fan favorite returning in a integral part. People found the jokes funny as well. The very best part of the movie to me was the ending credit were it explains the future of Wakanda. I really enjoyed this movie & it brought a smile to my face when a child did the Wakanda salute. Everyone clapped at the end of the movie. Lupita,Lupita,Lupita.

download (1).jpeg

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Wakanda Forever was a great movie. I'm not going to lie. I had plenty of reservations because of the absence of Chadwick Boseman (T'Challa). The set pieces were breathtaking & very colorful. The costumes were on point just like the first film. A lot of action & plenty of heartwarming moments that put you in a emotional roller-coaster. The technology & brilliance of the females in this movie is formidable. The women in this movie do take the lead to a certain degree but it works. A lot of surprises with a fan favorite returning in a integral part. People found the jokes funny as well. The very best part of the movie to me was the ending credit were it explains the future of Wakanda. I really enjoyed this movie & it brought a smile to my face when a child did the Wakanda salute. Everyone clapped at the end of the movie. Lupita,Lupita,Lupita.

View attachment 4998
    Did it look it prioritize the water civilization like people are saying?

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wouldn't mind going to see the sequel with my daughter. His sister becoming black panther is also comic book accurate and I read Mbaku has a major role in the film so there will be some sort of black male presence.
    With that being said the only thing that would make me say hell no is if there is some piddgeon holed lgbt scene between the women of Wakanda. So I wanted to post this in hopes whoever sees it can let everyone know if they try to spring an agenda on us.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wouldn't mind going to see the sequel with my daughter. His sister becoming black panther is also comic book accurate and I read Mbaku has a major role in the film so there will be some sort of black male presence.
    With that being said the only thing that would make me say hell no is if there is some piddgeon holed lgbt scene between the women of Wakanda. So I wanted to post this in hopes whoever sees it can let everyone know if they try to spring an agenda on us.
    I’m going to get a bootleg. I want to see it but I don’t want to support the emasculation and black and browning of BP. I need someone to,take a camcorder to the local cinema.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Did it look it prioritize the water civilization like people are saying?
    What they did was tell the story of the water people. How is the average movie goer is going to figure out who they are if they don't show them. People like Black Panther but don't understand the backstory because they didn't read the comics. I say it was an equal amount of both societies.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m going to get a bootleg. I want to see it but I don’t want to support the emasculation and black and browning of BP. I need someone to,take a camcorder to the local cinema.
    I feel you. You have every right to do that.

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There is a brief scene of that behavior but they played it off in a way that a child would kind of brush it off but an adult would pick up on it. Myself and others in the audience just shook our heads and looked at each other. They instantly cut to important dialogue to get you back wrapped up in the moment. It's in the final act.