The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Black People Are Sharing The Unwritten Rules They Follow That Most White People Are Clueless About, And It's Eye-Opening

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

We recently wrote up the unwritten rules people of color follow that most white people don't have to worry about.​

This was very interesting, Most of us I'm sure already knew this and practice most of these "rules"

1."No matter how angry you get, you try and remain calm. If you raise your voice even a little — regardless of what you say or how you say it — you are instantly labeled an 'angry Black woman' and judged wrongly, even when you’re right."​

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The only people who get shamed for this and are white are Karens and that is a recent thing.

If you lose your temper in public as a black woman, they just assume you are about to fly off the hinges and start physically assaulting people. I have seen it in action. I have gotten mad about stuff and soon as my voice raises, white people start avoiding me as if I am going to start something with someone who has nothing to do with my situation. They just tense up and act like I am some violent person. I used to get upset about it but it is not even worth it. They will never understand it.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    A lot of this is heartbreaking if we being honest. We shouldn’t have to live like this. #17 hits home for me. I feel like when I have a suit on im treated like a white man with gym shorts…finally elevated.

17."When meeting with executives or high-ranking officials where appropriate attire would be business casual for others, I wear full business attire. I’ve found that when I dress more formally, I receive more eye contact, head-nodding, and enthusiasm during conversations. This happens consistently."​

GACishere

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    A lot of this is heartbreaking if we being honest. We shouldn’t have to live like this. #17 hits home for me. I feel like when I have a suit on im treated like a white man with gym shorts…finally elevated.

17."When meeting with executives or high-ranking officials where appropriate attire would be business casual for others, I wear full business attire. I’ve found that when I dress more formally, I receive more eye contact, head-nodding, and enthusiasm during conversations. This happens consistently."​

Bro same I never dress up business causal cause they will make a comment about it. Business causal is for Whites only. Any time they ask me a question I just tell them "I am just more comfortable in suits" so they can move on with the conversation

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

1."No matter how angry you get, you try and remain calm. If you raise your voice even a little — regardless of what you say or how you say it — you are instantly labeled an 'angry Black woman' and judged wrongly, even when you’re right."​

Both Black men and Black women have to worry about being wrongfully mislabeled and written off as, and getting punished for being an 'angry / aggressive Black man or woman' no matter the situation.

And when you realize and accept this unfortunate fact that such racist judgment and practices can lead to very real devastating consequences, it ironically makes you even more angry, hence driving you into fitting the stereotype even more. No other race of people are collectively punished this freaking harshly for being human and showing human emotion / reaction.

Dismissive and awful oppressive shit like this causes stress, high blood pressure, and other medical illnesses too. Not just a shit diet, genetics, and certain lifestyles. In fact, it's quite hard to make a lot of meaningful and healthier lifestyle changes when systemic anti-Black racism is an involuntary, oppressive part of our lifestyle that threatens our existence as well as our well-being and safety. You can't talk about some damn climate change, rescue plan for endangered species, and threats to our environment without talking and doing about this currently dangerous, vicious, global anti-Black environment that is threatening Black life everywhere.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Both Black men and Black women have to worry about being wrongfully mislabeled and written off as, and getting punished for being an 'angry / aggressive Black man or woman' no matter the situation.

And when you realize and accept this unfortunate fact that such racist judgment and practices can lead to very real devastating consequences, it ironically makes you even more angry, hence driving you into fitting the stereotype even more. No other race of people are collectively punished this freaking harshly for being human and showing human emotion / reaction.

Dismissive and awful oppressive shit like this causes stress, high blood pressure, and other medical illnesses too. Not just a shit diet, genetics, and certain lifestyles. In fact, it's quite hard to make a lot of meaningful and healthier lifestyle changes when systemic anti-Black racism is an involuntary, oppressive part of our lifestyle that threatens our existence as well as our well-being and safety. You can't talk about some damn climate change, rescue plan for endangered species, and threats to our environment without talking and doing about this currently dangerous, vicious, global anti-Black environment that is threatening Black life everywhere.
    What is bad is that they nitpick you over and over an over until you have a reaction and then they judge your reaction from a white supremacist perspective. No matter what they do to us that shit dont matter our reaction is always the issue. A black person can never have righteous anger or the right to set a boundary. You always have to be a happy victim

D

Deleted member 191

I can relate on this one.

7. "I was taught to be an overachiever because no one expects a Black woman to be smart and well-spoken. I’m not expected to have a voice in anything, and many are shocked when I do. They are astounded when I can verbalize my thoughts and opinions in multi-syllable words. Melanin and ovaries do not cancel out intelligence and reason."​

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Man oh man. I cant tell you how many meetings I been in for my career where my attire directly affected how the non black people in the room received my point of view or solution to a problem. Hell at one job I swear every time i dressed casually in a t shirt mutha fuckas felt a way about seeing my arms out. Now Im not a swole dude but I swear it was like seeing more of my skin triggered those people!! 😆

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Man oh man. I cant tell you how many meetings I been in for my career where my attire directly affected how the non black people in the room received my point of view or solution to a problem. Hell at one job I swear every time i dressed casually in a t shirt mutha fuckas felt a way about seeing my arms out. Now Im not a swole dude but I swear it was like seeing more of my skin triggered those people!! 😆
    Yo brotha i wanna ask why did you go with “moat” instead of mote? It’s creative.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yo brotha i wanna ask why did you go with “moat” instead of mote? It’s creative.
    So MOAT in investing represents an extremely strong brand name. An example would be zoom. There are variations like microsoft teams or Facebook messenger where you can video call but the Moat is Zoom. Everyone knows what a zoom call is. I want there to be Black owned well FBA owned businesses that reach MOAT status due to the culture propelling them to the point they are known in every FBA household. Appreciate the question.

Mark Black

My ancestors avatar.
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin

Quoted for absolute truth.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

A mf'n word.