zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Boycott-Nike.jpg

Nike Co-Founder Phil Knight says Kyrie stepped over the line with his statements.

Above is the reply I created for Phil Knight.

Let's make this logo go viral because what these racists are doing isn't about being offended.

It's a convenient excuse for a racist power trip and humiliation campaign.

It's long past time to stop rewarding abusers for abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
View attachment 4989

Nike Co-Founder Phil Knight says Kyrie stepped over the line with his statements.

Let's make this logo go viral because what these racists are doing isn't about being offended.

That's very creative, I love it!

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Do you honestly think the black community will do it?
I've little hope of enough people doing it to make a statement!
Gotta keep hope alive :) It's easy actually, just buy another brand (many Black owned ones to be supported, but that's another issue) ... easier still for ppl like me who don't buy, and armed with some knowledge about propaganda ads ..

Better yet, just keep that money in your pocket ... This will be a sincere test, ... I feel like, for something to have staying power, we need for it to be in our face everyday ... That's why I like the pic bc that's something tangible that's gonna stay in ppls face, if promoted ...

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
View attachment 4989

Would it be overboard to say that we also need a shaming ad :) ... I mean, how did the civil rights movement sustain the boycott? 1. They formed a community , helping hands to facilitate travel through another means ...

.. and, not sure, but I think they also employed this shaming .. sorta like the antagonists trying to talk women out of abortions as they head to planned Parenthood ...

Shoutout13

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Do you honestly think the black community will do it?
I've little hope of enough people doing it to make a statement!
Whoever does does.

Whoever doesn't doesn't.

But I personally will not ....
absolutely will not...
watch this racist nonsense continue unchallenged regardless.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There's definitely a possibility. I think you're not giving the community enough credit.
    They failed to boycott NFL after Kap.

They failed to not vote for Democrats in the midterms.

Way I feel is we as a community haven't earned credit! If I were a bank I would not authorize a loan given the CREDIT history of the black community!

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Would it be overboard to say that we also need a shaming ad :) ... I mean, how did the civil rights movement sustain the boycott? 1. They formed a community , helping hands to facilitate travel through another means ...

.. and, not sure, but I think they also employed this shaming .. sorta like the antagonists trying to talk women out of abortions as they head to planned Parenthood ...
    We need to shame people who still buy and wear Nike.
    That needs to become a mark of shame within the black community.

Watching NBA or NFL needs to be shameful. Anyone who does it should be roasted and made fun of!

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    They failed to boycott NFL after Kap.

They failed to not vote for Democrats in the midterms.

Way I feel is we as a community haven't earned credit! If I were a bank I would not authorize a loan given the CREDIT history of the black community!
    NFL viewership was down 17% after Kaepernick. What statistics are you using to determine if we are or are not boycotting?

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    View attachment 4989

Where on Twitter is the logo? Give every one of ours this virtual pickett sign ...

YahudahQueen96

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am donating every Nike product in my possession. I have a pair of Nike tennis shoes from freshman year of high school (2010). Also donating my two pairs of Adidas shoes from years ago. I’m going to look into Black owned shoe brands. One of us can make a thread of melanated shoe brands. We should post them in the business section as well.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Nike is worth over 140 billion dollars. Black folks could shut that down pretty much overnight.

The major athletes just don't have the collective will power to do it. People will likely point to LaVar Ball as an example why it couldn't work and they'd be wrong. He started out with 3 unknown players who hadn't made it yet and his personality was an impediment.

Stephon Marbury's tennis shoes were too cheap.

Michael Jordan gets paid about 5% a year for licensing his name and likeness for the Air brand. It's gotten to about 150 million annually depending on sales. I don't know about today but I know several years ago Nike was making 3 billion off him.

Just a handful of big name NBA, NFL players or legends could start their own shoe and it be worth billions pretty easily. Throw in a black soccer player or two like Neymar, even an OG like Pele or whomever, crazy money.

If you got some of the more woke athletes like Kyrie, Kaepernick, etc and started a shoe it would be huge.

The shoes would have to be expensive, at least $200 on the low end, up to $500 on the high end. It would be massive. Instantly.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    View attachment 4989

Fv<k NIKE 🤮🤮

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nike is worth over 140 billion dollars. Black folks could shut that down pretty much overnight.

The major athletes just don't have the collective will power to do it. People will likely point to LaVar Ball as an example why it couldn't work and they'd be wrong. He started out with 3 unknown players who hadn't made it yet and his personality was an impediment.

Stephon Marbury's tennis shoes were too cheap.

Michael Jordan gets paid about 5% a year for licensing his name and likeness for the Air brand. It's gotten to about 150 million annually depending on sales. I don't know about today but I know several years ago Nike was making 3 billion off him.

Just a handful of big name NBA, NFL players or legends could start their own shoe and it be worth billions pretty easily. Throw in a black soccer player or two like Neymar, even an OG like Pele or whomever, crazy money.

If you got some of the more woke athletes like Kyrie, Kaepernick, etc and started a shoe it would be huge.

The shoes would have to be expensive, at least $200 on the low end, up to $500 on the high end. It would be massive. Instantly.
    Yes we have all the power and Black people need to start flexing. Seeing the NBA basically go 180 shows that they were afraid of the backlash. There was no change of heart, they knew we was coming for the pockets.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Rather than boycott Nike, REPLACE Nike and Adidas, Puma, etc).

It's not as difficult as some think.
    I like this better. Instead of telling Black people to go without we're giving them an action item. Don't #boycottnike let's make our own #replacenike

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I haven't bought anything Nike in years when I found out about the slave labor BS they been hiding. All these big sports brands do the same shit. Even if everyone here stopped buying Nike products, it would not even make a noticeable dent. We need to hit them where it hurts more... Stop going to NBA games, buying NBA jerseys watching NBA games.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    In the '90s we were >>>this close<<< to creating our own multi billion dollar black owned clothing lines: FUBU, Karl Kani, Cross Colours, Phat Farm, Ecko Ltd, Sean John,

Had we been able to maintain that same energy either them or other hotter lines would be billion dollar enterprises now.

We could be doing the same with tennis shoes. Tennis shoes would be so f*cking easy to become big. Get a 2 or 3 famous players. Doesn't even have to be all basketball. Done the right way (make it as or more expensive than Nike, Addidas), behind the scenes get the rappers involved, and its HUGE. I guarantee you 100 percent Nike's biggest fear is that some enterprising black person, an athlete, doesn't challenge them by getting a few people together. This is really a no brainer. I'd put the factor right smack in the hood, but Africa (unless we still doing the mad at off code, non FBA Africa thing still... haha).

But the point is this is so f*cking easy. Its literally a billion dollar business out the gate if done right. My suggestion? Plan it out way in advance. Obviously get a LeBron or whomever, the most popular stars you can in the NBA but also approach top black soccer players and rappers. Holla at a Nas who has that mindset. I'd make the cheapest shoe
    $200 or $300. Mid range shoes $400 - $600 and have a few special edition ones going for a few grand.

The reason why Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates could do whatever the f*ck they wanted to do with Facebook and Microsoft when it was a publicly traded company is they had the controlling shares.

Such a company would replace Nike fairly easily. Black culture is the most popular and powerful culture GLOBALLY. Merchandizing would be huge, a football version, soccer version, a rapper has his version of Js. Shirts, shorts, sweatsuits, baseball caps, eventually one of the black tennis players has a tennis version, a future black golfer. The commercials are on the super bowl.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is really a no brainer. I'd put the factor right smack in the hood, but Africa (unless we still doing the mad at off code, non FBA Africa thing still... haha).
    There is a shoe factory owned by a sista in Kenya, they can do this ... They sell these shoes: