The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Brittney Griner reportedly detained in Russia on drug charges. Russia wants in on anti-black racism.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not sure this is racism. You can’t just be running around with any type of drugs in an airport. If they consider weed a drug in Russia it’s her fault. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Russia is a long way away from Colorado.
    This is a great point.

6 grams or more of cannabis is considered a “large amount,” and more than 100 grams is considered an “exceptionally large amount.” Both can result in a years-long prison sentence. Anything less than 6 grams of cannabis can result in a fine or “corrective labor.”

We don’t know how much she had in total but weed is not legal in Russia so this is her bad. That’s not to defend Russia because it is super racist but she was slipping and paid the price.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not sure this is racism. You can’t just be running around with any type of drugs in an airport. If they consider weed a drug in Russia it’s her fault. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. Russia is a long way away from Colorado.
    Maybe she was unaware.

If she was able to get it into Russia without any issue, why is it one now?
    So if Russia sells it and she bought it there, how is this her fault?
    So if she had it before entering Russia and nothing was done, how is this her fault?

If she has cocaine or leaf marijuana on her, then that can be discussed, but not a vape pen.

Rome is definitely not Russia, and from the looks of things, Russians are looking to take their aggressions out on black folks just as vicious as they are towards Ukrainians. So yes, it's still racist, full stop.

I'm near Colorado. Just having weed comes with responsibility, too.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Self-inflicted.

I don’t even bring shampoo to the airport. Hopefully she doesn’t get caught up in the Russia vs USA beef and they try to make an example out of her.
    That's exactly what they are going to do. That's why this is such a story.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Whose fault is that though? Hers!
    Her fault is having it on her, I guess.

The true fault is the person that sold it to her in Russia or the airport screener in Russia that did nothing to take the vape pen from her from the looks of this story.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Maybe she was unaware.

If she was able to get it into Russia without any issue, why is it one now?
    So if Russia sells it and she bought it there, how is this her fault?
    So if she had it before entering Russia and nothing was done, how is this her fault?

If she has cocaine or leaf marijuana on her, then that can be discussed, but not a vape pen.

Rome is definitely not Russia, and from the looks of things, Russians are looking to take their aggressions out on black folks just as vicious as they are towards Ukrainians. So yes, it's still racist, full stop.

I'm near Colorado. Just having weed comes with responsibility, too.
    Weed is illegal in Russia so all the other stuff is irrelevant. If you have an illegal substance on you and they didn’t catch you the first time doesn’t delegitimize then catching you the second or third time.

Now if there is evidence of them letting white people slide but they jamming up her, then I can concede racism. But with the facts I have today this is simply someone being sloppy and paying the price.

I’m huge on calling out racism but not at the expense of Black people having to be accountable for their actions. Same happens in Dubai. You go in their with drugs you’re getting jammed so don’t go in their with drugs.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Her fault is having it on her, I guess.

The true fault is the person that sold it to her in Russia or the airport screener in Russia that did nothing to take the vape pen from her from the looks of this story.
    No, it’s all her fault. We don’t need anymore no accountability having ass Black people out here in these streets. She had a controlled substance, it doesn’t matter if Putin sold her a dime bag. It’s illegal and she should have been moving accordingly. She has to hold the L.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Weed is illegal in Russia so all the other stuff is irrelevant. If you have an illegal substance on you and they didn’t catch you the first time doesn’t delegitimize then catching you the second or third time.

Now if there is evidence of them letting white people slide but they jamming up her, then I can concede racism. But with the facts I have today this is simply someone being sloppy and paying the price.

I’m huge on calling out racism but not at the expense of Black people having to be accountable for their actions. Same happens in Dubai. You go in their with drugs you’re getting jammed so don’t go in their with drugs.
    If it's so cut & dry, then why is this a story?
    Where is Britney's side of this story?

You do know that other people dropped the ball on this not just Britney, right? or...We're going to circle jerk in semantics?

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If it's so cut & dry, then why is this a story?
    Where is Britney's side of this story?

You do know that other people dropped the ball on this not just Britney, right? or...We're going to circle jerk in semantics?
    It is cut and dry with the evidence we have.

- weed in bag
    - weed is illegal
    - she goes to jail

Now if we hear some other variables like “someone planted it” or “she thought they were tobacco only” then we can talk about who dropped the ball. Right now, it’s on her.

What takeaway yields better results?

Me advocating for Black people to be aware of their surroundings, who they are with, and what’s in their luggage.

-or-

You attempting to shift responsibility based on pure speculation?

I’m all about Black people owning what they are doing.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It is cut and dry with the evidence we have.

- weed in bag
    - weed is illegal
    - she goes to jail

Now if we hear some other variables like “someone planted it” or “she thought they were tobacco only” then we can talk about who dropped the ball. Right now, it’s on her.

What takeaway yields better results?

Me advocating for Black people to be aware of their surroundings, who they are with, and what’s in their luggage.

-or-

You attempting to shift responsibility based on pure speculation?

I’m all about Black people owning what they are doing.
    Bruh,

It's not all her fault, that is the exact point that I am making. She either brought it in and nothing was said or she got it right there in Russia. You know she plays pro basketball so she's been over there for a while.

- No. She did not have weed in a bag

All this crap is about a "hashish oil vape cartridge"

This is not speculation, this is the facts of the story. Britney herself IS NOT to blame in all of this.

There is a system at play here, there is a war literally going on and non-whites are the super victims in this tragic comedy.

What about the person that she got the vape cartridge from shouldn't they be held accountable too or is that too much like right or are we going to circle jerk in semantics?

We're not going to agree on this. Britney is not in this all by herself and it is very unfair to only prosecute her. Now if you have a problem with that, then there is nothing more to discuss.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I bet you she's black now. Notice that the LGBTQ-WXYZ community is quiet about this!
    Just like they were quiet as gay church mice having watersports contests on cotton during Jussie Smollet being made an example out of and the evils of Ed Buck. They caped hard for Jussie in the beginning until more news was revealed about his story. However, these LGBT still cape for and protect racist ass white Jeffery Starr, Shane Dawson, James charles, "Jessica" Yaniv and others no matter how sick or racist they are.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Just like they were quiet as gay church mice having watersports contests on cotton during Jussie Smollet being made an example out of and the evils of Ed Buck. They caped hard for Jussie in the beginning until more news was revealed about his story. However, these LGBT still cape for and protect racist ass white Jeffery Starr, Shane Dawson, James charles, "Jessica" Yaniv and others no matter how sick or racist they are.
    Exactly...

Attachments

punani look to gay men.jpg

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly...
    There are some gay dudes who are indifferent about women's bodies and in some cases aren't necessarily bothered by them.

However, you do have a lot of mentally unstable gay dudes that have an unhealthy repulsion towards women and women's bodies to the point that they will proudly be sexist and misogynistic and say some horrible shit about and towards women, our bodies and our privates. They also compare our pussies to their "bussies." And a lot of them (even some of the masculine gays) will try to make their "bussies" look like our vaginas and make "cherries" and other kinds of mess out of their booties. That is freaking mental illness.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There are some gay dudes who are indifferent about women's bodies and in some cases aren't necessarily bothered by them.

However, you do have a lot of mentally unstable gay dudes that have an unhealthy repulsion towards women and women's bodies to the point that they will proudly be sexist and misogynistic and say some horrible shit about and towards women, our bodies and our privates. They also compare our pussies to their "bussies." And a lot of them (even some of the masculine gays) will try to make their "bussies" look like our vaginas and make "cherries" and other kinds of mess out of their booties. That is freaking mental illness.
    Jesus Effing Christ!!!

I'm proud to be a straight, black (Titty & Ass) loving black man.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    mjlolThat don't work in Russia.
    Cracking Up Reaction GIF

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    She still got caught with the dope though. If she didn't have dope she'd be eating bush right now.
    She's been going back and forth to Russia since 2014 and now she gets busted for the weed wax? This is much bigger than her weed use. The Russians knew she does this. Putin used to run the KGB...Still does.

Still, she doesn't deserve this regardless of the U.S./Russia bullshit politics.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    She's been going back and forth to Russia since 2014 and now she gets busted for the weed wax? This is much bigger than her weed use. The Russians knew she does this. Putin used to run the KGB...Still does.

Still, she doesn't deserve this regardless of the U.S./Russia bullshit politics.
    SPECK

YOU

LAY

SHUN

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female

We’ll see if they stand up for her. Problem is she is out of their jurisdiction so they can’t shame any and everyone to get their way. They’ll say Putin is anti-LGBT and he’ll say:

Vladimir Putin GIF by xponentialdesign

“What you going to do about it?”

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We’ll see if they stand up for her. Problem is she is out of their jurisdiction so they can’t shame any and everyone to get their way. They’ll say Putin is anti-LGBT and he’ll say:

Vladimir Putin GIF by xponentialdesign

“What you going to do about it?”
    Maybe if she was someone like a hetero gay icon like Madonna or Ke$ha or Britney Spears, a gay Elton John, or (especially these days) a non-binary or trans Ellen "Elliott" Page or Bruce "Caitlyn" Jenner they'd make way more noise for her and they'll see her LGBT first with their rainbow capes on. You know, then they'll have their on "Saving Brittney Griner" campaign.

But they'll likely see Brittney Griner as Black first even though Griner may not necessarily she herself that way. I wonder that if a flamboyant Black LGBT person like Billy Porter or RuPaul were to be in this situation this, if whether or not the media and dominant society will cape for them because they're the Black faces of LGBT. I think they would if they still feel they'll have some remaining mileage out of those tools. And they'll definitely make sure that the main focus of their story is about them being LGBT and not them being Black and LGBT.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Russia is going to make an example of Britney to give Amerikkka a middle finger.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Here is the latest on the Britney Griner situation...So will President "Jim Crow" Joe going to get her out of Russia?

As a Black person, I couldn’t think of a more unsavory position to be in than to be detained in a White supremacist country and hoping that another White supremacist country comes to my aid.

That is where the personal accountability aspect comes into frame. If you know you are in a system that is intent on your victimization you must be aware and operate as such. You cannot as Jason Black says make “forced errors” and then expect us to rally for you.

It’s unfair to us as a collective as we have to take time from productive matters to save one from themselves. At this point, you either understand the game in which is being played or you don’t. We have no more time to explain.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As a Black person, I couldn’t think of a more unsavory position to be in than to be detained in a White supremacist country and hoping that another White supremacist country comes to my aid.

That is where the personal accountability aspect comes into frame. If you know you are in a system that is intent on your victimization you must be aware and operate as such. You cannot as Jason Black says make “forced errors” and then expect us to rally for you.

It’s unfair to us as a collective as we have to take time from productive matters to save one from themselves. At this point, you either understand the game in which is being played or you don’t. We have no more time to explain.
    Did Britney messed up by having that THC cartridge on her? Yes. However, she plays basketball over there and has been for years. So this is still a story, full stop.

As black people (individually), we all have made mistakes. Does Britney rock with black folks? I dunno. Still this situation does deserve a little watching. Just like Bill Cosby, he made a mistake not covering his ass on past transgressions, but does his punishment fit the crime? No. Neither does Britney Griner's.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Did Britney messed up by having that THC cartridge on her? Yes. However, she plays basketball over there and has been for years. So this is still a story, full stop.

As black people (individually), we all have made mistakes. Does Britney rock with black folks? I dunno. Still this situation does deserve a little watching. Just like Bill Cosby, he made a mistake not covering his ass on past transgressions, but does his punishment fit the crime? No. Neither does Britney Griner's.
    Are you knowledgeable enough in Russian law to say if the punishment does or does not fit the crime?

I’m not defending Russia by any means but I do believe that we have to be scientific and analytical in our approach to specific situations.

How can we characterize the situation if we have no proof if her treatment deviates from the norm?

If Russian authorities lock everyone up if they are caught possessing weed, is their still an issue? How can it be discrimination if it is applied equally?

Is the situation unfortunate? Yes. Is it wrong? I don’t know.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Are you knowledgeable enough in Russian law to say if the punishment does or does not fit the crime?

I’m not defending Russia by any means but I do believe that we have to be scientific and analytical in our approach to specific situations.

How can we characterize the situation if we have no proof if her treatment deviates from the norm?

If Russian authorities lock everyone up if they are caught possessing weed, is their still an issue? How can it be discrimination if it is applied equally?

Is the situation unfortunate? Yes. Is it wrong? I don’t know.
    Here is the knowledge from what I have been able to read about the situation, Britney has been playing basketball in Russia since 2014 so there is a great possibility this was not her first rodeo having a cartridge in her suitcase.

Characterizing the situation is she should be back on the plane home and not be used as some punk ass white supremacy political pawn.

Clearly the Russian authorities are NOT locking everyone up for having weed simply because Russian citizens must smoke it. That's how Britney got her hands on some. If Russia wants to punish her, they need to go after the people who gave it to her. That's fair justice!

So is this what we're doing? So should we be ok with this "sista" getting 10 years for having this in her suitcase coming back to the U.S.?

Attachments

vape cartridge.jpg

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Here is the knowledge from what I have been able to read about the situation, Britney has been playing basketball in Russia since 2014 so there is a great possibility this was not her first rodeo having a cartridge in her suitcase.
    What does that have to do with it being illegal or not? If she has had weed multiple times, it means she has committed a crime multiple times.

Characterizing the situation is she should be back on the plane home and not be used as some punk ass white supremacy political pawn.

But she committed a crime. Can you prove that this is not a standard practice for people who are caught with weed? If it’s standard practice then that means it isn’t discrimination.

Clearly the Russian authorities are NOT locking everyone up for having weed simply because Russian citizens must smoke it. That's how Britney got her hands on some. If Russia wants to punish her, they need to go after the people who gave it to her. That's fair justice!
    What proof do you have that Russia is not going after drug dealers?
    So is this what we're doing? So should we be ok with this "sista" getting 10 years for having this in her suitcase coming back to the U.S.?
    We should recommend that Black people understand their global 2nd class citizen status and act accordingly.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What does that have to do with it being illegal or not? If she has had weed multiple times, it means she has committed a crime multiple times.

But she committed a crime. Can you prove that this is not a standard practice for people who are caught with weed? If it’s standard practice then that means it isn’t discrimination.

What proof do you have that Russia is not going after drug dealers?

We should recommend that Black people understand their global 2nd class citizen status and act accordingly.
    We can go back and forth on this, but we're not going to agree on this. Now it's devolving into mindless semantics at this point.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    We can go back and forth on this, but we're not going to agree on this. Now it's devolving into mindless semantics at this point.
    I understand but it’s not semantics. You are ignoring the main question “is her arrest an aberration from their standard protocol?” and I believe you’re avoiding it because you do not have an answer.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I understand but it’s not semantics. You are ignoring the main question “is her arrest an aberration from their standard protocol?” and I believe you’re avoiding it because you do not have an answer.
    "is her arrest an aberration from their standard protocol?"

Hell yes it is! Once again, she has been flying back and forth to Russia playing Basketball while at the same time the political tensions between Russia Vs. U.S. is at an all time high???

There's a war going on literally, these are not normal circumstances.

Stevie Wonder & Ray Charles can see that this is far more than a vape cartridge in a suit case.

This is what I have been saying the whole time. Remember, Putin used to run the KGB, clearly they kept an eye on her for "pawn" reasons, because if she has been smoking weed, she has been smoking weed in Russia way before this incident happened, Believe that!

She's been treated as if she was Pablo Escobar himself!!!

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    "is her arrest an aberration from their standard protocol?"

Hell yes it is! Once again, she has been flying back and forth to Russia playing Basketball while at the same time the political tensions between Russia Vs. U.S. is at an all time high???
    That's not what the question was Mr. Chris. I asked "Is her arrest an aberration from their typical handling marijuana cases?". This would require you to research their modus operandi in order to formulate a proper rebuttal. I however have taken the opportunity to research such a case on your behalf and what did I find?

An Israeli-American woman was sentenced to seven-and-a-half years in prison by a Russian court on Friday for alleged drug smuggling, despite a “personal” plea to President Vladimir Putin for leniency from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

The Foreign Ministry condemned the sentence for Naama Issachar, 26, who has been detained in Moscow for the last six months on suspicion of drug smuggling after a reported 10 grams of marijuana was found in her bag during a stopover in Russia for a connecting flight.

BENJAMIN NETANYAHU himself phoned Vladimir Putin to request leniency and the courts said NO! It wasn't until Netanyahu was scheduled to visit Russia that she was released. Think about it, she got caught with 10 grams and the only thing that got her out was a Presidential pardon.

My attempt here is to dispel the notion that every Black person that ever goes to jail is somehow a victim. Once again, is her circumstance unfortunate? Absolutely.

But Russia doesn't want marijuana in their country and if you're caught with it they will throw the book at you. As both Brittney Griner and Naama Issachar found out.

Guess who won't be bringing marijuana into Russia anymore? Brittney and Naama and anyone else that reads their stories.

As of June, 2019, The Moscow Times reported that Russia has the highest per capita number of people imprisoned for drug crimes in Europe.

If I were let's say hacking the dark web to find out Russia's stance on marijuana you'd have a point but this is all readily available. You think that Brittney Griner was not aware that she was taking Gulag Chances with her vape cartridges? She took he chance and now she has to pay the cost.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's not what the question was Mr. Chris. I asked "Is her arrest an aberration from their typical handling marijuana cases?". This would require you to research their modus operandi in order to formulate a proper rebuttal. I however have taken the opportunity to research such a case on your behalf and what did I find?

BENJAMIN NETANYAHU himself phoned Vladimir Putin to request leniency and the courts said NO! It wasn't until Netanyahu was scheduled to visit Russia that she was released. Think about it, she got caught with 10 grams and the only thing that got her out was a Presidential pardon.

My attempt here is to dispel the notion that every Black person that ever goes to jail is somehow a victim. Once again, is her circumstance unfortunate? Absolutely.

But Russia doesn't want marijuana in their country and if you're caught with it they will throw the book at you. As both Brittney Griner and Naama Issachar found out.

Guess who won't be bringing marijuana into Russia anymore? Brittney and Naama and anyone else that reads their stories.

If I were let's say hacking the dark web to find out Russia's stance on marijuana you'd have a point but this is all readily available. You think that Brittney Griner was not aware that she was taking Gulag Chances with her vape cartridges? She took he chance and now she has to pay the cost.
    Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Your constant refusal to address the point is telling. I understand that on some points we will not see eye to eye but you’re not even trying to discuss my point. As Men, we should be setting the standard for accountability. We should be the beacon of light demonstrating rational behavior and understanding of cause and effect.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Your constant refusal to address the point is telling. I understand that on some points we will not see eye to eye but you’re not even trying to discuss my point. As Men, we should be setting the standard for accountability. We should be the beacon of light demonstrating rational behavior and understanding of cause and effect.
    I address the point, you just want to have the last word. I made the point that accountability must be upheld. In this case, accountability must be distributed to ALL parties, not just one.

I have said that during this post. You just want to have the last word. Go on and have your last word.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA