Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    Buster Rhymes lies again. I will never watch these ratchet awards shows but I hear things. Everyone loves to steal from the FBA culture. Hip Hop didn't start in Jamaica. DJ Grandmaster Flowers preceded Kool Herc and Kool Herc got his style from those like Flowers here in the US, not from Jamaica. No knock but I'm sick of people like Buster Rhymes, Fat Joe and Pete Rock spreading these lies.

Look at the bottom picture and guess who this is. Not The Temptations, not The Four Tops, not The Impressions. This is Bob Marley and the Wailers. Much love to Bob Marley and the Wailers but this look and style is all FBA. Just like Afro Beats came from FBA R&B in the 60's, Hip Hop comes from the Be Bop, Jazz, Swing sounds of previous generations.

Screenshot_20230626-213015-233.png

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    At the end of the day we have to recognize that Busta Rhymes is a tool of the White Supremacist society that is seeking to erase our contributions. We see it with the Hip Hop 50th Celebration where Angie Martinez and Fat Joe were there to speak on Hip Hop when it is wholy a Black American creation.

It is the White Supremacist structure doing this, Busta Rhymes has no power and if the Record Labels told him to go out there and say Scandanavians made Hip Hop he'd be out there saying it. It is White people taking Hip Hop from us in the minds of the mainstream just as they did with Country, House, Rock and Roll, Techno, and a multitude of other genres.

Busta Rhymes is just the tool that they're using...he's one of many Elvis Presleys.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Buster Rhymes lies again. I will never watch these ratchet awards shows but I hear things. Everyone loves to steal from the FBA culture. Hip Hop didn't start in Jamaica. DJ Grandmaster Flowers preceded Kool Herc and Kool Herc got his style from those like Flowers here in the US, not from Jamaica. No knock but I'm sick of people like Buster Rhymes, Fat Joe and Pete Rock spreading these lies.

Look at the bottom picture and guess who this is. Not The Temptations, not The Four Tops, not The Impressions. This is Bob Marley and the Wailers. Much love to Bob Marley and the Wailers but this look and style is all FBA. Just like Afro Beats came from FBA R&B in the 60's, Hip Hop comes from the Be Bop, Jazz, Swing sounds of previous generations.
    I think they see Hip Hop as here for the long-term so they want to take it from us and give it to their buffer classes to perform. When you think about it from a labor perspective they are just taking one of our creations and choosing another labor force to perform it. But in order for it to appear authentic they need to change the history to shoe horn in the others.

At this point in time the lesson we need to learn is that ownership is everything. We do not own Hip Hop, White people do and they are done with us and are pivoting. We need to have a more insular mindset and need to stop patronizing anyone who does our creations that isn't us.

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    At the end of the day we have to recognize that Busta Rhymes is a tool of the White Supremacist society that is seeking to erase our contributions. We see it with the Hip Hop 50th Celebration where Angie Martinez and Fat Joe were there to speak on Hip Hop when it is wholy a Black American creation.

It is the White Supremacist structure doing this, Busta Rhymes has no power and if the Record Labels told him to go out there and say Scandanavians made Hip Hop he'd be out there saying it. It is White people taking Hip Hop from us in the minds of the mainstream just as they did with Country, House, Rock and Roll, Techno, and a multitude of other genres.

Busta Rhymes is just the tool that they're using...he's one of many Elvis Presleys.

THIS IS CALLED CO-OPTING 101:

This dude seems cool and was a news anchor or weatherman here in Charlotte. I believe he's on a syndicated news program now. He learned all of his dances from us. He always had us performing with him even on his videos and on the morning show here in Charlotte.

Now look. You teach one, ally or not, they bring it back and co-opt the whole dang thing.

That's what Buster did. Even Chuck D said that dumb s**t once that we got it from there. CHUCK D!!!! I can't give white folk all the credit for the sellout tether mindset. They need to take these L's!

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

THIS IS CALLED CO-OPTING 101:

This dude seems cool and was a news anchor or weatherman here in Charlotte. I believe he's on a syndicated news program now. He learned all of his dances from us. He always had us performing with him even on his videos and on the morning show here in Charlotte.

Now look. You teach one, ally or not, they bring it back and co-opt the whole dang thing.

That's what Buster did. Even Chuck D said that dumb s**t once that we got it from there. CHUCK D!!!! I can't give white folk all the credit for the sellout tether mindset. They need to take these L's!
    But we as Black Americans are giving it to them willingly due to our never-ending thirst for external validation. Why do you think Koreans and Japanese are so great at creating Black American music? Because Black American musicians couldn't wait to go over there and teach them. WE couldn't wait to show them how we used the TR-808 to produce the drum sounds we did or the ASR-10. WE are the problem not the others.

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    I think they see Hip Hop as here for the long-term so they want to take it from us and give it to their buffer classes to perform. When you think about it from a labor perspective they are just taking one of our creations and choosing another labor force to perform it. But in order for it to appear authentic they need to change the history to shoe horn in the others.

At this point in time the lesson we need to learn is that ownership is everything. We do not own Hip Hop, White people do and they are done with us and are pivoting. We need to have a more insular mindset and need to stop patronizing anyone who does our creations that isn't us.
    My sentinents exactly! I don't understand us. Everybody is always invited to the BBQ and then take over. A white man moon walks and we're jumping up and down like we've never seen this before. The walls are closing in and Dr. Claude Anderson's prophesy is bearing fruit.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My sentinents exactly! I don't understand us. Everybody is always invited to the BBQ and then take over. A white man moon walks and we're jumping up and down like we've never seen this before. The walls are closing in and Dr. Claude Anderson's prophesy is bearing fruit.
    The problem is that people are only loyal to what keeps them clothe and fed and most opportunity exists outside of our community. We will not be able to get people in line in mass if we cannot provide some type of mechanism that can help them survive.

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    But we as Black Americans are giving it to them willingly due to our never-ending thirst for external validation. Why do you think Koreans and Japanese are so great at creating Black American music? Because Black American musicians couldn't wait to go over there and teach them. WE couldn't wait to show them how we used the TR-808 to produce the drum sounds we did or the ASR-10. WE are the problem not the others.
    Indeed, They are the 2nd in command when it comes to copying Black American culture!

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    The problem is that people are only loyal to what keeps them clothe and fed and most opportunity exists outside of our community. We will not be able to get people in line in mass if we cannot provide some type of mechanism that can help them survive.
    Ain't that the truth 😔

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

For centuries, we’ve seen music used as a powerful tool for uplifting Foundational Black Americans. In recent times we’ve seen how it could remove certain black minds from poverty (Nas, Jay Z, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Snoop) but I’ll give an example going back to 1739 called the Stono Rebellion where slaves in South Carolina would rhythmically beat on the chest & thighs to coordinate said rebellion. Music has always been a powerful tool for us.

Back in the day you had white musicians openly stealing our music and getting famous. I’m sure most of us have millions of examples like Big Momma Thorton and Elvis but the case of Henry Thomas and Canned Heat pisses me off the most.

Going Up The Country (Remastered 2005)

The dominant society doesn’t want this form of wealth generation, artistic expression, and uplifting in our hands anymore so instead of stealing songs this time they’re attempting to replace us, which already parallels what we’re seeing happen to the black population today.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Even Tariq thought hip hop started with Kool Herc. We all did. That's been corrected. My question is has Busta been told the real facts? If he hasn't, then he's just repeating what we all thought originally. If he has, then he's straight out appropriating.

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    For centuries, we’ve seen music used as a powerful tool for uplifting Foundational Black Americans. In recent times we’ve seen how it could remove certain black minds from poverty (Nas, Jay Z, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, Snoop) but I’ll give an example going back to 1739 called the Stono Rebellion where slaves in South Carolina would rhythmically beat on the chest & thighs to coordinate said rebellion. Music has always been a powerful tool for us.

Back in the day you had white musicians openly stealing our music and getting famous. I’m sure most of us have millions of examples like Big Momma Thorton and Elvis but the case of Henry Thomas and Canned Heat pisses me off the most.

Going Up The Country (Remastered 2005)

The dominant society doesn’t want this form of wealth generation, artistic expression, and uplifting in our hands anymore so instead of stealing songs this time they’re attempting to replace us, which already parallels what we’re seeing happen to the black population today.
    I need the backstory on this one. What happened???

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    Even Tariq thought hip hop started with Kool Herc. We all did. That's been corrected. My question is has Busta been told the real facts? If he hasn't, then he's just repeating what we all thought originally. If he has, then he's straight out appropriating.
    That's true. The brother's in New York should have been ahead of this and telling the real story not a regurgitated narrative.

BlackWarGod

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I need the backstory on this one. What happened???
    This talented brother Henry Thomas recorded the song in 1928 and the white group Canned Heat stole it in 1970 and blew up from it. They changed some lyrics but kept the cadence and completely stole Thomas’s flute solo. Keep in mind Thomas, the son of slaves, taught himself how to play flute and guitar. So he put in the soul and work while they stole it and made millions.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa

I’ve been telling folks that whites are trying to rewrite history because they are thinking 500 to 1,000 years from now. All of our contributions to dance, hip hop, literature even hairstyles and fashion will be viewed as purely white created… deleting American blacks completely. They’ll use any fool to do this though. Stay strong. Stay woke.✊🏽

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    This talented brother Henry Thomas recorded the song in 1928 and the white group Canned Heat stole it in 1970 and blew up from it. They changed some lyrics but kept the cadence and completely stole Thomas’s flute solo. Keep in mind Thomas, the son of slaves, taught himself how to play flute and guitar. So he put in the soul and work while they stole it and made millions.
    Sound like the same incident with "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". It was a song originally written and recorded by Solomon Linda under the title "Mbube" for the South African Gallo Record Company in 1939. White men stole it and controlled it. The daughters got a fraction of the money they sued for but they got swindled out of a lot of it by the very people that they won the lawsuit from.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

View attachment 7984
    I think Busta was trying to biggup where he is from. Busta knows its Black American culture. I dont agree with him co-signing Fat Joe, but they amongst each other getting paid right now.

Revolution_2

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    I think Busta was trying to biggup where he is from. Busta knows its Black American culture. I dont agree with him co-signing Fat Joe, but they amongst each other getting paid right now.

Players Association No GIF by NBPA

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No that nigga said that we don’t have a culture so no he is trying to claim our shit.