The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Can you tell a n*gga is a BAN just from the way he looks or talks?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I ask this because I feel like I can, before I even knew who DJ envy was when I first saw him then heard him talk I could already tell he was a B*tch a$$ N*gga ( my definition of one ) the same with Ebro and Charlemagne.
    I don't know what it is about n*ggas like that but there's certain energy they give off. The same with being able to pick out non-FBA's I can just tell.

Is anyone else able to pick these n*ggas out?

D

Deleted member 191

I ask this because I feel like I can, before I even knew who DJ envy was when I first saw him then heard him talk I could already tell he was a B*tch a$$ N*gga ( my definition of one ) the same with Ebro and Charlemagne.
    I don't know what it is about n*ggas like that but there's certain energy they give off. The same with being able to pick out non-FBA's I can just tell.

Bitch ass-ness gives off an aura. I refer to them as Beta Ass N*ggas (I'm trying to swear less.) But they give off an aura.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

I felt those vibes immediately from Ebro (who I hear is originally from Portland and also a member of the small hat community) It took me a second to figure it out with the Breakfast CLub, because the first time I had heard of them was during an Umar interview. but for the most part, I believe this is accurate. Up in Norcal, I can tell pretty much off the bat.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can tell a fuck boy from a mile away and that’s the vibe I get from eBro.

Bitch ass Niggas usually take awhile for me to determine because a lot of BANs know how to present as non-BANs.

I usually have to talk to them, see their mindset, see their views on a couple things, see if they have accountability and principles and then I can declare them to be a BAN.

#Ban

Last edited:

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The same with being able to pick out non-FBA's I can just tell
    Nigga the hairline be a dead giveaway. Shit be looking like the edge of a continent on a map. No type of rhyme or reason with the shit hairline be however it grew out.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

What's worse? A H0e a$$ n^gga, a bih a$$ n^gga, or a Mark a$$ n***uh?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What's worse? A H0e a$$ n^gga, a bih a$$ n^gga, or a Mark a$$ n***uh?
    We have to define terms. This is complete arbitrary but I would define them as such:

• Hoe Ass Nigga - Someone who lies, flakes out a lot, has no morals, inconsistent, shifty, never actively doing something against you but somehow their antics impact you. Doesn't really like you and doesn't make any effort to hang out with you.
    • Bitch Ass Nigga - Someone who actively does things against you. Will speak bad on your name to gain the favor of others. Will pretend to be cool with you in order to backstab you.
    • Mark Ass Nigga - Someone who pretends to be hard or false flag but is soft and unaffiliated.
    All of them are undesirable but BANs can do more harm to you. HANs and MANs won't actively try to get close to you in most circumstances.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    We have to define terms. This is complete arbitrary but I would define them as such:

• Hoe Ass Nigga - Someone who lies, flakes out a lot, has no morals, inconsistent, shifty, never actively doing something against you but somehow their antics impact you. Doesn't really like you and doesn't make any effort to hang out with you.
    • Bitch Ass Nigga - Someone who actively does things against you. Will speak bad on your name to gain the favor of others. Will pretend to be cool with you in order to backstab you.
    • Mark Ass Nigga - Someone who pretends to be hard or false flag but is soft and unaffiliated.
    All of them are undesirable but BANs can do more harm to you. HANs and MANs won't actively try to get close to you in most circumstances.
    My aunt married a Hoe Ass N****a and he was all the things you just listed for the definition. By the time Me and my cousin (his step son) were teenagers, we stopped referring to him by name and just called him Hoe Ass N***a (H.A.N. when in company of adults). But what we are seeing in the old Black Media and in Congress, are a bunch of B.A.N's. you could insert a photo of CLyburn or Eric Adams next to the words B.A.N. and you wouldn't even need a definition. People would get the point.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My aunt married a Hoe Ass N****a and he was all the things you just listed for the definition. By the time Me and my cousin (his step son) were teenagers, we stopped referring to him by name and just called him Hoe Ass N***a (H.A.N. when in company of adults). But what we are seeing in the old Black Media and in Congress, are a bunch of B.A.N's. you could insert a photo of CLyburn or Eric Adams next to the words B.A.N. and you wouldn't even need a definition. People would get the point.
    Hell yeah those are the definitive bitch ass niggas and they fit the definition above to a tee. Is your aunt still with the HAN?

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Hell yeah those are the definitive bitch ass niggas and they fit the definition above to a tee. Is your aunt still with the HAN?
    He eventually played himself. One summer, he was off goofing around in her car and forgot to get her from work. I had to go and get her in my car. She was walking down the side of the road at 9:00 at night--mad as hell. I knew then that it was just a matter of time. about a month later he and my cousin got into it about the television, and he ran up on my cousin in the hallway. My cousin was 17 and 6'5 and finally had enough, so they scrapped it out. Cops got called, and when dude got out of jail, my aunt had his bags packed for him. Unfortunately, by this time, she had already had two kids by him, so he was still in the peripheral; and even more unfortunate, those two kids grew up tp be T.A.N's (Trick Ass N***a's) I love them though. they still family (sort of)

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He eventually played himself. One summer, he was off goofing around in her car and forgot to get her from work. I had to go and get her in my car. She was walking down the side of the road at 9:00 at night--mad as hell. I knew then that it was just a matter of time. about a month later he and my cousin got into it about the television, and he ran up on my cousin in the hallway. My cousin was 17 and 6'5 and finally had enough, so they scrapped it out. Cops got called, and when dude got out of jail, my aunt had his bags packed for him. Unfortunately, by this time, she had already had two kids by him, so he was still in the peripheral; and even more unfortunate, those two kids grew up tp be T.A.N's (Trick Ass N***a's) I love them though. they still family (sort of)
    Sounds like I'm reading the reader's digest version of the Business. What a dysfunctional story with a dysfunctional outcome. Did your cousin mix the husband or was it a tie? I always feel a sense of excitement when they young male coming of age bests the old stalwart.

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    it was a tie. My cousin kneed himself in the nose and broke it when they went to the ground. But he was getting wit ole boy. I broke it up once it migrated into the living room cuz there was glass and other breakables. It could have been real bad tho. Cuz-o had about 10 years worth of hate built up, and he and I used to have 30 minute fights because he did not know when to stop. You pretty much got to knock him out for the fight to end.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    it was a tie. My cousin kneed himself in the nose and broke it when they went to the ground. But he was getting wit ole boy. I broke it up once it migrated into the living room cuz there was glass and other breakables. It could have been real bad tho. Cuz-o had about 10 years worth of hate built up, and he and I used to have 30 minute fights because he did not know when to stop. You pretty much got to knock him out for the fight to end.
    How could the step pops live with himself after that. He couldnt even put down a 17 year old, he cant talk no shit in that house.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Bitch ass-ness gives off an aura. I refer to them as Beta Ass N*ggas (I'm trying to swear less.) But they give off an aura.
    I feel you on that, you feel it & react. I'm trying to discipline myself as well. I don't just fly off the handle, unless I'm provoked, even then, the person is warned. 💯

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Sounds like I'm reading the reader's digest version of the Business. What a dysfunctional story with a dysfunctional outcome. Did your cousin mix the husband or was it a tie? I always feel a sense of excitement when they young male coming of age bests the old stalwart.
    I've seen the reverse also. O.G. beat the snot outta yunsta! 💯😁

D

Deleted member 191

I feel you on that, you feel it & react. I'm trying to discipline myself as well. I don't just fly off the handle, unless I'm provoked, even then, the person is warned. 💯
    I tend to want to fly off the handle with the B.A.Ns because they are always actively doing dumb shit for dumb shit's sake and I hate that type of behavior because it's such a frivolous use of time. And I have to breathe it out before I say something that has them questioning their whole life's existence. Or I find someone like me who I can vent to and get all that aggression out.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I tend to want to fly off the handle with the B.A.Ns because they are always actively doing dumb shit for dumb shit's sake and I hate that type of behavior because it's such a frivolous use of time. And I have to breathe it out before I say something that has them questioning their whole life's existence. Or I find someone like me who I can vent to and get all that aggression out.
    I'm usually on, "Don't write a check, yo' ass can't cash"! 💯

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    "Punks jump up to get beat down" was on repeat for about a week at the house
    All kinds of songs came to me! 🎶MOMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT🎶 🎶MOVE B*ITCH, GET OUT THE WAY🎶🎶THE BIG PAYBACK🎶🎶STOMP🎶This helps my Turrets, music does, just joking! 😂😂

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    a couple summers ago, I was on a subway going up to Harlem to play ball and as I stepped off the subway, the actor who played Terry Silver walked through the doors. I said "my man, Terry Silver." and he just gave me the gas face (unironnically) and kept it pushing. I don't think he was acting like a BAN in Power. I think he is one in real life. He just gave off those vibes.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    a couple summers ago, I was on a subway going up to Harlem to play ball and as I stepped off the subway, the actor who played Terry Silver walked through the doors. I said "my man, Terry Silver." and he just gave me the gas face (unironnically) and kept it pushing. I don't think he was acting like a BAN in Power. I think he is one in real life. He just gave off those vibes.
    What’s the gas face? Is that when you blow air out?

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    What’s the gas face? Is that when you blow air out?
    basically a dismissive or disdainful look. Someone fronting on you--usually a female. It was kinda crazy cuz I was clearly in a good mood and was coming from a humorous place. But he looked at me like I was James St. Patrick. I was sorry i even said something to him. cuz I instinctively wanted to swing on him from the look he gave me. I just laughed and kept it pushing

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    basically a dismissive or disdainful look. Someone fronting on you--usually a female. It was kinda crazy cuz I was clearly in a good mood and was coming from a humorous place. But he looked at me like I was James St. Patrick. I was sorry i even said something to him. cuz I instinctively wanted to swing on him from the look he gave me. I just laughed and kept it pushing
    At the same time there could be some negative sentiments attached to that role. This is extreme but just imagine if that nigga gave someone white executive a hand job to get that role and when you bring it up it reminded him that he did something strange for some change. He could have been triggered and while it is not an optimal response from him to you, it’s no telling what it triggered in him. It may not always be the response of a BAN it could be someone who is triggered and needs therapy

Bmick#8

Royal Sixer
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    At the same time there could be some negative sentiments attached to that role. This is extreme but just imagine if that nigga gave someone white executive a hand job to get that role and when you bring it up it reminded him that he did something strange for some change. He could have been triggered and while it is not an optimal response from him to you, it’s no telling what it triggered in him. It may not always be the response of a BAN it could be someone who is triggered and needs therapy
    damn, Jay. You took it there. Unfortunately, tha's highly likely. Somebody could've Terry Crews'd him and fondled his potatoes.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Exactly! I see you've had to deal with all of these type. Only someone whose delt with them could define them.
    I've seen my share and delt with them back in the day... Now I try my hardest to keep my distance from these type.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    damn, Jay. You took it there. Unfortunately, tha's highly likely. Somebody could've Terry Crews'd him and fondled his potatoes.
    Adam Venit rolled up on him and whispered in his ear "How badly do you want that role" and actor dude looked at his bank account and showed just how bad he wanted it. But on the flip side just imagine if he experience some crazy racism on set or something and just wants that to be behind him. It could be anything...I try to remember that all these folks are just people. I had to remember that myself running into some popular names in the B1 space. Act just like HANs.
    Exactly! I see you've had to deal with all of these type. Only someone whose delt with them could define them.
    I've seen my share and delt with them back in the day... Now I try my hardest to keep my distance from these type.
    Yup. I've always hustled in some kind of way since high school and I've ran into every single one of these type of people. If you've ever watched Gordon Ramsay and wondered why he just be barking on dudes it's because he weeding out the HANs.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I absolutely agree here and love definitions and have committed them to my vocabulary!

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hate to say, because I really try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and I try not to judge a book by its cover, but yes I can tell sometimes. That said, I listen to the person's words more than the way they look. After all, people be looking like they are B1 but then they open their mouths and it's like oh my gosh. Coon alert. Other times they get caught slipping. So you got to pay attention to thier words and actions and they gotta march.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

BANs are the worst of them all. There is no good that can come from associating with any of them even if it's one person. I see them as leaches most of them and big snitches too. They will betray you in a heartbeat just to save their rotten skin.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hate to say, because I really try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and I try not to judge a book by its cover, but yes I can tell sometimes. That said, I listen to the person's words more than the way they look. After all, people be looking like they are B1 but then they open their mouths and it's like oh my gosh. Coon alert. Other times they get caught slipping. So you got to pay attention to thier words and actions and they gotta march.

Facts and as B1 gets bigger people are trying to be deceitful. Progressive really be trying to mask their ol’ white liberal bull jive in B1 lingo nowadays. You really have to pay attention as you said or you will get caught in the trick bag.

Nubianqueen28

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Thank you for this! Lol

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Honestly my BAN radar sucks! I can never pick em out!
    Now I can pick out a racist right away. I can even tell you how racist they are! Minor, Moderate or Severe!
    Our KKKdar! ✊🏽💯✊🏽

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Coon
    Ass
    Nigga (CAN)
    Big Eyes Reaction GIF by Bounce

bullseye

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

Jay with the definitive low brow nigga index.