The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he will ban foreign home buyers for 2 years if he gets re-elected

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is great news for Canadians if it happens. We need this badly in the USA, property values are through the roof in the major metropolitan areas.

6125ffae493203001845c20c

• Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau pledged Tuesday to ban foreign home buyers for two years if he is re-elected.
    • Housing affordability has become a key issue in Canada's upcoming national election, as the COVID-19 pandemic drove up property prices in the country.
    • Housing prices peaked in March this year, with an average home costing CA$716,000 ($568,000) — a 31.6% increase year over year.

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau pledged Tuesday to ban foreign home buyers for two years if re-elected, reported CBC.

Housing affordability has become a key part of Canada's upcoming national election on September 20, as the COVID-19 pandemic drove up property prices in the country.

Housing prices peaked in March this year, with an average home costing $716,000 Canadian ($568,000) — a 31.6% increase year over year, according to the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).

Prices have tapered since then, with the average house price coming in at CA$662,000 ($525,200) in July. But that is still 22% higher compared to last year, according to CREA.

RedMoon

Sixer
    zBucks
    I would not be against them doing this here. So much of the market around here is clouded with people from out of the country buying homes and then renting them out for AirBnBs. I've heard its terrible in Canada. Most people can't afford a house and the ones that sell theirs make a big profit but can't afford to rebuy anywhere else.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    I would not be against them doing this here. So much of the market around here is clouded with people from out of the country buying homes and then renting them out for AirBnBs. I've heard its terrible in Canada. Most people can't afford a house and the ones that sell theirs make a big profit but can't afford to rebuy anywhere else.

What’s the deal with campaign promises while you are already in office? Why can’t he just do that now?

You have X and I want X.
    I have Y and you want Y.

Give me X and I’ll give you Y. The variable X representing an additional term in office. Solve for Y.

Invincible1914

Sixer
    Tither
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Exactamundo. There should be some incentive to get as much as you can in a single term, I don’t have the answer but there should be something to stop them from sand bagging.
    Yeah, we destined to get screwed. Republicans on so much bs that you have to vote Democrat, and they know it. All they have to do clear the at least we are not racist bar and that black vote is confirmed.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Yeah, we destined to get screwed. Republicans on so much bs that you have to vote Democrat, and they know it. All they have to do clear the at least we are not racist bar and that black vote is confirmed.

That’s frightening to read but every bit true. Perfect reason why we must withdraw from the process altogether.

Prankster

Sixer
    zBucks
    Exactly. They already showed us what having a racist in office does to people (not that there hadn't be racists in office before) so the dems have a lot of leverage.

D

Deleted member 1946

This is great news for Canadians if it happens. We need this badly in the USA, property values are through the roof in the major metropolitan areas.

6125ffae493203001845c20c

• Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau pledged Tuesday to ban foreign home buyers for two years if he is re-elected.
    • Housing affordability has become a key issue in Canada's upcoming national election, as the COVID-19 pandemic drove up property prices in the country.
    • Housing prices peaked in March this year, with an average home costing CA$716,000 ($568,000) — a 31.6% increase year over year.

Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau pledged Tuesday to ban foreign home buyers for two years if re-elected, reported CBC.

Housing affordability has become a key part of Canada's upcoming national election on September 20, as the COVID-19 pandemic drove up property prices in the country.

Housing prices peaked in March this year, with an average home costing $716,000 Canadian ($568,000) — a 31.6% increase year over year, according to the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).

Prices have tapered since then, with the average house price coming in at CA$662,000 ($525,200) in July. But that is still 22% higher compared to last year, according to CREA.

I fully agree they need to do it here. Every major area has whole neighborhoods that are owned by foreigners.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    American Hedge Funds and Chinese millionaires who can't get money out the country are buying a lot of it and its making it a huge struggle to buy a home in Toronto and other cities. And to a lesser Extent Americans with money escaping out of California, Seattle and Portland.

The Canadians aren't against immigration. They have a very low birthrate and people don't realize they only have 38 million people. California has more people. Huge land mass, low AF population.

They have been inviting all kinds of people to emigrate there. So, this isn't anti immigration, its anti foreigners using Canadian property for either profit (Hedge Funds) or to hide money (Chinese). There's already a large Asian and Chinese population in Vancouver.

and

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Who would trust this black-face wearing, CCP praising, world economic forum puppet? I know I sure as hell would not. This dude just puts on a show. He wants CCP 2.0 in Canada. He wants Chianada.

What sucks about Canada is there is no such thing as a locked in mortgage rate. If the interest % goes up, it goes up for everyone that has not paid off a house yet.

D

Deleted member 1946

American Hedge Funds and Chinese millionaires who can't get money out the country are buying a lot of it and its making it a huge struggle to buy a home in Toronto and other cities. And to a lesser Extent Americans with money escaping out of California, Seattle and Portland.

The Canadians aren't against immigration. They have a very low birthrate and people don't realize they only have 38 million people. California has more people. Huge land mass, low AF population.

They have been inviting all kinds of people to emigrate there. So, this isn't anti immigration, its anti foreigners using Canadian property for either profit (Hedge Funds) or to hide money (Chinese). There's already a large Asian and Chinese population in Vancouver.

and
    I bet that large Asian population in Vancouver has its group economics together.

D

Deleted member 1946

Who would trust this black-face wearing, CCP praising, world economic forum puppet? I know I sure as hell would not. This dude just puts on a show. He wants CCP 2.0 in Canada. He wants Chianada.

What sucks about Canada is there is no such thing as a locked in mortgage rate. If the interest % goes up, it goes up for everyone that has not paid off a house yet.
    I definitely don't trust him. My introduction to him was via a health book he wrote that I got from my library's book sale. It seemed like it had a lot of good information in it. My opinion of him changed when I saw them pushing him heavily. It was then when I realized he was a puppet. As we both know, anybody who they push to the top is a puppet. If a person slips into a high level job where folks gotta vote them into that job and if the system fights very hard to keep that person out, then that person is not a puppet. It is so easy to tell the puppets.

D

Deleted member 1946

I have never use an Airbnb. I might do it once to have the experience.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I used to use Airbnb's a lot on travel. I've slowed down a whole lot. Especially overseas. There are a few stories and incidents of owners putting hidden cameras in the property to make sure you are abiding by the rules.

I hear Asians especially do this. So, I am going hotels a bit more. There is some device that helps peep hidden cameras and a few people sweep their Airbnb with it.

It's traumatic thinking someone laying up somewhere watching you and your girl smashing, whatever.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Canadian home prices are high AF though. And although the country is huge, the buyers are focused on the prime real estate in Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Ottawa, the major cities where most of the population lives.

I'm not going to hate on trying to protect your own land and citizens. In countries like Philippines and not sure if Mexico does it anymore but non citizens can't own the land. It can be leased or rented and you can buy a condo (air space) but not the land. You gotta be married to one so that when you die it reverts back to citizen or the state.

I'd like to see African and Caribbean countries adopt that strategy.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I definitely don't trust him. My introduction to him was via a health book he wrote that I got from my library's book sale. It seemed like it had a lot of good information in it. My opinion of him changed when I saw them pushing him heavily. It was then when I realized he was a puppet. As we both know, anybody who they push to the top is a puppet. If a person slips into a high level job where folks gotta vote them into that job and if the system fights very hard to keep that person out, then that person is not a puppet. It is so easy to tell the puppets.
    That German freak Klaus always praises Justin. Anyone that main praises consider that person to be a massive threat. There is corruption everywhere, not just in the US. Canada is loaded with it and they are so damn racist in pockets up north it ain't even funny. That all stems from the French though.