Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Classic or modern gaming?

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
In terms of what you prefer in the realm of gaming, are you more of a person who enjoys classics from the '90s and early '00s or do you enjoy modern gaming? I feel like there are pros and cons for each one but I am starting to have a preference for classics these days. I mean I grew up with me and my friends huddled around the TV taking turns playing stuff for hours every weekend. So many fun memories.

zBucks
A mixture of both I'd say. I have nostalgia for the retro games of the 80s, 90s, 2000s and so on. And I love what modern games have done in recent years.

Couch co-op was some of the best times I had with friends. We'd do two player games all the time. I remember specifically playing TMNT 2 the arcade game on the NES with some friends after school. Was so much fun.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I like the XBOX era around 2000…back when online gaming started to become commonplace but there wasn’t a bunch of DLCs in the game. Looter Shooters didn’t exist, live service gaming didnt exist, every game didn’t try to adopt the Ubisoft open world formula…I personally find it hard to find a game worth my time nowadays.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    I grew up in the 90s so gaming was on my mind a lot. Playing the classics like Super Mario Bros 3, The Legend of Zelda, Double Dragon, and more. That's just the NES. I remember being more mesmerized when I saw Sonic for the first time. I don't know how many times I asked for a Genesis that Christmas haha!

But yeah, retro for sure, but I also game today and have fallen in love with games like GTA V, Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid and more.