The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

CM Punk done in wrestling after AEW mess?

DaBeast

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
It looks like CM Punks time in AEW is likely over, especially after the media scrum and backstage news that came out recently. For those who don't know, CM Punk went off on the EVPs of AEW and ended up getting in an alleged scrap backstage that resulted in some possible injuries to the Young Bucks and others. There was even suspensions for some of the people involved, and it looks like CM Punk may be on the way out.

With all of this though, do you think CM Punk has a chance to wrestler elsewhere? There's no chance the WWE will take him back, and AEW seems to be done with the guy as we know it. We all know his MMA career was a failure from start to finish. So where else could he go?

I know he started doing movies a while back, but from what I saw of that, he's not that great at acting.

What do you think could happen? Do you think CM Punk will still stick around in AEW? Or is he done in wrestling altogether?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    CM Punk used to be one of my favorite wrestlers when he was in WWE.
    I actually bought some of his merch.

Looking back though, he is nothing but a canker sore to anything he touches. Dude cries and bishes about everything. He acts like he is the best wrestler in the world and deserves the top pay but even when he was doing great, he didn't draw as much as like John Cena, Brock, or the Rock. He just was never on that level.

He needs to retire. He is old. From what I hear, his skills arent so good anymore. He is too cocky and too much of a risk.

D

Deleted member 191

Punk used to be "the greatest in the world" but the truth is when Cena started to catch fire and when Triple H knocked him out of Night of Champions, it was a wrap. Dude didn't even headline wrestlemania and he was wearing the damn strap. Cena headlined! So at the end of the day, he just wasn't the guy and his current run in AEW is proving that WWE wasn't wrong for not putting him over. AT BEST he was a High level Mid-Carder who COULD headline with a superstar.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I actually bought some of his merch.

Looking back though, he is nothing but a canker sore to anything he touches. Dude cries and bishes about everything. He acts like he is the best wrestler in the world and deserves the top pay but even when he was doing great, he didn't draw as much as like John Cena, Brock, or the Rock. He just was never on that level.

He needs to retire. He is old. From what I hear, his skills arent so good anymore. He is too cocky and too much of a risk.
    Yeah, he's waned from how good he used to be. You can't beat age and that's what's dealing with him now. No matter how good you are, once you're getting old, your skill efficiency will drop. Just like what happened to The Undertaker, he had to retire.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah, he's waned from how good he used to be. You can't beat age and that's what's dealing with him now. No matter how good you are, once you're getting old, your skill efficiency will drop. Just like what happened to The Undertaker, he had to retire.
    I was shocked he kept going after Brock ended his streak. Really, that should have been his last match. I guess he wanted the money and probably still enjoyed people getting excited to see him.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    At this point, he'd probably be better used as a manager or on commentary. IMO, Punk isn't that good in the ring anymore, and it seems that he's injury prone.
    CM Punk isn't built physically enough to go for a long time when he got old. Take a look at someone like Goldberg, and Brock. These two guys are old enough but with their body build, it's possible for them to push more.