The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Codified Drinking

D

Deleted member 1475

How do you react to being told by your white colleagues to attend parties or other activities that may involve heavy drinking?

(For context, I ask this question because I'm watching this C.O.W.S episode where the topic of workplace drinking is brought up and its come to my attention that some jobs are firing people for not attending parties where drinking is involved:
I'm listening to The C.O.W.S. | The C. O. W. S. Neutralizing Workplace Racism 03/03/23 on Podbean, check it out! The C. O. W. S. Neutralizing Workplace Racism 03/03/23)

Do you have a code when it comes to drinking with or even attending parties with white colleagues? (Such as two drinks and then leave, have another Victim Of Racism with you for protection if any whites get handsy, leave when any jokes about Black people are made etc.)

Personally I don't drink around whites, hang around drunk MayoSapiens and I turn around or make excuses whenever requested or peer pressured to go to events that involve drinking with white people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You need to keep your wits about yourself while drinking no matter who you're around. If you're at a work event and there's alcohol be true to who you are. Don't get too drunk that you don't know where you are or too drunk where you're letting people disrespect you. Those parties can be opportunities for you to politic and meet people who can help you get where you need to go. You may also learn something that helps you step out on your own. Never miss an opportunity to learn more from others especially while they're under the influence.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    How do you react to being told by your white colleagues to attend parties or other activities that may involve heavy drinking?

Do you have a code when it comes to drinking with or even attending parties with white colleagues? (Such as two drinks and then leave, have another Victim Of Racism with you for protection if any whites get handsy, leave when any jokes about Black people are made etc.)

Personally I don't drink around whites, hang around drunk MayoSapiens and I turn around or make excuses whenever requested or peer pressured to go to events that involve drinking with white people.
    You just don't go. If you do take some folks with you.

D

Deleted member 405

(For context, I ask this question because I'm watching this C.O.W.S episode where the topic of workplace drinking is brought up and its come to my attention that some jobs are firing people for not attending parties where drinking is involved:
    I'm listening to The C.O.W.S. | The C. O. W. S. Neutralizing Workplace Racism 03/03/23 on Podbean, check it out! The C. O. W. S. Neutralizing Workplace Racism 03/03/23)

IF I decide to show up I'm not drinking H.O.A.S (head on a swivel) I know soon the liquid courage will kick in and someone will show their true colors