The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

College Football Is Back! NCAA 2021 College Football

Invincible1914

Sixer
Tither
Down From Day 1
zBucks
So basically it’s another year of Bama just being better than everybody else

giphy.gif

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I caught the slomo replay. Mans one handed it, secured it, spun around in mid air to land on his back to complete the catcheddiemurphyfear
    That shit was spectacular...it was pure dominance and athletic prowess. When you think of it from a laymen's perspective...a football is freaking huge, so for him to jump up, grab it with one hand, roll, and not drop it is amazing.

Invincible1914

Sixer
    Tither
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I'm used to it by now so I'm not really mad
    What’s happening to Texas is what I hate about these new pass all the time offenses. They have Bijan, and basically abandoned the run in the second half. They run no time off the clock, so OU has a million chances to keep scoring.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    What’s happening to Texas is what I hate about these new pass all the time offenses. They have Bijan, and basically abandoned the run in the second half. They run no time off the clock, so OU has a million chances to keep scoring.

Basically

And they got too predictable. Some of the calls were shitty but to go on a 13-41 scoring deficit is unacceptable.

Mastamind

Master Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Why wouldn’t they be in some sort of prevent d in that situation? College kicker was already to go out there and miss and everything.

They played to not lose, and took their foot off the gas. I blame the coaching...he's not thinking championship football

D

Deleted member 191

Dan Mullen is out at Florida. Is there are too many teams looking for coaches and not enough good coaches to fill those positions?
    I think the transfer portal has changed the landscape of college football where a coach can have a great season one year and then when its time to "rebuild" and bring in their own guys, players transfer and then the coaches are left spinning their wheels. Don't get me wrong, not trying to say Mullen was great but kids tranferring doesnt help when you're trying to build a powerhouse.

A star power coach with a resume gets kids to commit, but in the absence of that, it'll be the program and its commitment to those kids and excellence that gets them to stay.

Invincible1914

Sixer
    Tither
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I think the transfer portal has changed the landscape of college football where a coach can have a great season one year and then when its time to "rebuild" and bring in their own guys, players transfer and then the coaches are left spinning their wheels. Don't get me wrong, not trying to say Mullen was great but kids tranferring doesnt help when you're trying to build a powerhouse.

A star power coach with a resume gets kids to commit, but in the absence of that, it'll be the program and its commitment to those kids and excellence that gets them to stay.
    I see what you're saying... Mullen is a lousy recruiter and was stuck with a bad defensive coordinator. They way he coaches doesn't work without a good qb.