The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Cons of being Successful

B1Honeybadger

Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Let's chop it up family! What are the negative things you went through as a result of being successful? Did becoming what you strived for make your loved ones jealous or they had a "i should have what you do since I know you" kinda attitude? Did you deal with hater friends, family(it can be a spouse or child) , and/or betrayal?
View: https://youtu.be/aO-T1M02xyg

Tati 304

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Let's chop it up family! What are the negative things you went through as a result of being successful? Did becoming what you strived for make your loved ones jealous or they had a "i should have what you do since I know you" kinda attitude? Did you deal with hater friends, family(it can be a spouse or child) , and/or betrayal?
There’s no downsides to being successful if you are successful doing honest business. Will there be haters? Yes but that’s better than living check to check.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would have to ask what one considers being successful. My definition of success is self sufficiency and not having to depend on a corporation or government to survive. There’s no downside to that for me. When I was broke in the hood I had haters because I was smart and didn’t hang out with gang bangers. I can handle anything side effects of success if I can handle that.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    The biggest issue I've had being successful was family members being upset with my unwillingness to extend myself to their benefit. When I was in college, insular, disciplined, and broke it wasn't an issue. After I made it over 6 figures in consulting my insular nature and discipline became a negative to certain family members. Now I was "too good" or "selfish" and it impacted me at first but I quickly learned that it wasn't my issue. It's their cross to carry not mine and I'll let them deal with it.

ProMoatBlack

Sixer First Class+
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love this post. I still have to listen to the full broadcast. From personal experience I can say success will bring about haters but unfortunately more so jealousy from loved ones. When I was back there feeling stuck I had no support when it came to implementing solutions. Some would say there's no problem as if the system of white supremacy has no effect on our daily lives. Yet when you go the black conscious path some family and friends would express how being conscious won't help you change your real world circumstances. When I challenged these notions I was met with a lot of push back. I remember making the move to go fo colorado with my wife. I had family telling me all the reasons I shouldn't go. At the very least they would say go visit don't stay. On the flip side when they witnessed how successful or at least how productive my life had become I had their respect. When I bought ny land I could tell there was envy and now that I have the house I get envy and jealousy from family members who are my seniors. Its as though now that I have shed my shackles they finally realize they have shackles on.
    It's aad that the crabs in the bucket Willie Lynch mindset is still so alive and prevalent today. It is the antithesis to the empowerment mindset.
    When I told family what was possible they had major doubts when I acquired power and showed them the fruits of the labor the doubts turned to envy quickly.
    But what are we to do?? Are we to remain stuck and powerless just for the sake of fitting in or do we achieve new heights as our ancestors did before us. Im not ashamed of my success especially after all the unseen work and stress that's put in. When our people get on code in mass we will experience empowerment in mass. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    There are billionaires that you've never heard of. Why? They don't want to be known. When Forbes came out with its Forbes 400 (of the richest Americans), there were a lot of people who fought to get off that list. There have only been a handful that wanted to be on there at the highest possible rank. Trump is one.

Anyway, I'd love to be an anonymous billionaire or multi millionaire. Old money doesn't display it. They look wealthy, nice car. Not a Rolls but maybe a top model Audi, a Range Rover, etc.

Al Hayman is a rich as hell black man that fights to stay under the radar. Look at his wiki

His net worth if you google it is 15 million. My guess is its way pass that. That's who I want to be. A low key as hell multi millionaire. I'd fund black empowerment from behind the scenes. Jason Black wants to put up billboards? I'll hit him up privately say, I'd go in for 5 of them under the condition my name is kept out of it. Some of y'all get arrested at a reparations protest? RCNAL got a bag man at the jail making cash bail.

White supremacy has a bunch of them. One of the richest is Robert 'Bob' Mercer. Estimated anywhere from 900 million to well over a billion. The little he's talked about he's described as a 'Libertarian'. He's not. He's a full blown white supremacist who funds fake think tanks and organizations that say things like blacks have lower intelligence, anti Immigration, etc.

The richer most people get they often become even more low key. When Jay Z was worth 1000s he wore a big ass gold chain, street chic. Now that he's a billionaire, he's wearing suits more than not. He's on the phone ear hustling Warren Buffet. P Diddy was closing the clubs when he was a multi millionaire. VIP section spending 10k ,20k in a night easilly. Now that he's a billionaire he's still out there but not like he was when it as 'just' millions.

Black people love to show our ass and we need everyone to know we got money. Most times than not its not a good idea for a myriad of reasons. From the IRS coming at you, or Pookie and Ray Ray coming at you and everything inbetween.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    There are billionaires that you've never heard of. Why? They don't want to be known. When Forbes came out with its Forbes 400 (of the richest Americans), there were a lot of people who fought to get off that list. There have only been a handful that wanted to be on there at the highest possible rank. Trump is one.

Anyway, I'd love to be an anonymous billionaire or multi millionaire. Old money doesn't display it. They look wealthy, nice car. Not a Rolls but maybe a top model Audi, a Range Rover, etc.

Al Hayman is a rich as hell black man that fights to stay under the radar. Look at his wiki

His net worth if you google it is 15 million. My guess is its way pass that. That's who I want to be. A low key as hell multi millionaire. I'd fund black empowerment from behind the scenes. Jason Black wants to put up billboards? I'll hit him up privately say, I'd go in for 5 of them under the condition my name is kept out of it. Some of y'all get arrested at a reparations protest? RCNAL got a bag man at the jail making cash bail.

White supremacy has a bunch of them. One of the richest is Robert 'Bob' Mercer. Estimated anywhere from 900 million to well over a billion. The little he's talked about he's described as a 'Libertarian'. He's not. He's a full blown white supremacist who funds fake think tanks and organizations that say things like blacks have lower intelligence, anti Immigration, etc.

The richer most people get they often become even more low key. When Jay Z was worth 1000s he wore a big ass gold chain, street chic. Now that he's a billionaire, he's wearing suits more than not. He's on the phone ear hustling Warren Buffet. P Diddy was closing the clubs when he was a multi millionaire. VIP section spending 10k ,20k in a night easilly. Now that he's a billionaire he's still out there but not like he was when it as 'just' millions.

Black people love to show our ass and we need everyone to know we got money. Most times than not its not a good idea for a myriad of reasons. From the IRS coming at you, or Pookie and Ray Ray coming at you and everything inbetween.
    Money shouldn't change you. I think that's the person you always were & money is one of the excuses you use to continue your fucktivity! Moving in silence is the best & only way to go, in my opinion.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think it depends on the success, but more so how much money you're making from said success. Because, I believe if you're making a ton of money, there is a chance that some people might decide to come back into your life, and try to ask for handouts. I think some family and friends like to take advantage of ones success for their own needs. I look at it like if people win the lottery. Certain family, friends, etc come out of the woodworks to request support from them. I think with success, especially when it results in good pay, can result in those sort of things happening.

But, I don't think anyone should let that weigh you down, you also have the option to ignore those people who come into your life asking for handouts.