The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Couples - What size bed?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have met some people who are fine in a double/full. I have also met some who will not settle for anything less than a king. Then you have those couples who need separate beds entirely.

Curious to see what you feel about it here. Like if you are in a relationship or married, what side do you and your partner use?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have met some people who are fine in a double/full. I have also met some who will not settle for anything less than a king. Then you have those couples who need separate beds entirely.

Curious to see what you feel about it here. Like if you are in a relationship or married, what side do you and your partner use?
    I have a queen right now but when I move I want to upgrade to a king. I need more leg room, I’m 6’ 4”.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

CA King is what we prefer. The left side & my left side is how I sleep comfortably. My husband likes the right side, but sleeps on his left side as well.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    What is the difference between a CA King and a standard? I would imagine one is longer and wider, right?

I only ever known the standard king size, my parents had that growing up. It was able to fit me and my two brothers, and both my parents when we were real young.
    Yes, the CA King is much longer & wider. It's a MUST for my son & his wife, 6"9' & 6"3'. 😁

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    This is an excellent question! In all honesty, I would need to have a king sized bed. They say sharing is caring, and I’m more than willing to share half of the bed with you, as long as I still have enough room for myself. That’s just my opinion lol.
    That's why we've a CA King. My husband tosses & turns at times. I always had his elbow in my back when we has a Queen. 🙄😁

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's why we've a CA King. My husband tosses & turns at times. I always had his elbow in my back when we has a Queen. 🙄😁
    Although, there is one problem that I have with sharing my bed. I hate it when one snores. It's one thing that's going to take away my sleep no matter how much I felt sleepy.

I have tried so much to get a workaround when one snores being in the same bed with me so that I can be able to sleep but it's not possible.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Although, there is one problem that I have with sharing my bed. I hate it when one snores. It's one thing that's going to take away my sleep no matter how much I felt sleepy.

I have tried so much to get a workaround when one snores being in the same bed with me so that I can be able to sleep but it's not possible.
    There's a device that stops snoring. I've seen it on TV commercials. Certain beds, like Sleep Number, raises the person up & the snoring stops. Please check into it & I hope you find relief soon.

John Horse lineage

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Tell them to invest in a Sleep Apnea machine

bomb

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA

For double and king sizes, that is understandable. Those who are going for separate beds will not last long in the relationship. What is that? Anyway, i personally prefer king size. I need a whole real estate big enough for "indoor games" laughingblackguy

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    For double and king sizes, that is understandable. Those who are going for separate beds will not last long in the relationship. What is that? Anyway, i personally prefer king size. I need a whole real estate big enough for "indoor games" laughingblackguy
    Yeah I am not sure. My friend's parents have been in separate beds for a while but this was because her father snores and refuses to get surgery and hasn't lost weight to improve it LOL

FeverPitch

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What is the difference between a CA King and a standard? I would imagine one is longer and wider, right?

I only ever known the standard king size, my parents had that growing up. It was able to fit me and my two brothers, and both my parents when we were real young.
    A King size is 76x80. A CA King is 72x84.
    King is wider. CA King is longer.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada

My parents used separate beds and I couldn't understand the reason behind that because they are supposed to be in the same room and sleeping together in one bed. But that's not the case, as my mother had her own room separate from my dad's. They meet whenever they want and still go back to their separate rooms.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    My parents used separate beds and I couldn't understand the reason behind that because they are supposed to be in the same room and sleeping together in one bed. But that's not the case, as my mother had her own room separate from my dad's. They meet whenever they want and still go back to their separate rooms.
    I mean if it keeps them happy and their marriage strong, I can't knock it. I know some married couples prefer separate beds for all sorts of reasons. Maybe different sleep schedules, one snores, or one sleeps too hot or too cold.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My grandparents slept in separate beds, this was way back in the 60's though and honestly my father said they never got along. They're the only people that I know who slept in separate beds as far as I'm aware. My wife and I have a queen size bed, it's comfortable. I do roll in my sleep though, but I guess she's okay with that! She hogs the blankets though, so we have separate blankets!

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    The bigger the better for me. If there's any that's bigger and longer than the King Sized bed, I would be very much interested in having that. I'm almost 7 feet tall, so you should understand the challenge someone like me faces with smaller bed. I barely sleep in hotels.