The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Did you fall in love with someone who didn't share the love back?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
As in, you were in love, but come to find out she or he isn't in love back? I dated this one girl for a few months and I fell for her big time. Like I threw the love word around, and even talked with friends about marrying her one time. But, she later came to me and just called it off, said she wasn't feeling the relationship anymore and figured it was time to call it quits on the relationship. I was hurt, because she was one of the first girls I dated, and I think it was more infatuation than love, but it still hurt like hell when she broke it off with me. Because back then, I thought it was love. Thankfully, it was a tame situation, but it still sucked.

Has this ever happened to you?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
A man I dated a few years back, I was falling for him. I am not one to through "I love you" around but I did tell him I did. He didn't say it back. I was a bit hurt by it but he did say he isn't there yet. A few months go by and I tell him again and he says the same thing. I broke up with him by the end of that week. I told him I am not up for games and it will hurt a lot less to leave you now. It sucked.

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
A man I dated a few years back, I was falling for him. I am not one to through "I love you" around but I did tell him I did. He didn't say it back. I was a bit hurt by it but he did say he isn't there yet. A few months go by and I tell him again and he says the same thing. I broke up with him by the end of that week. I told him I am not up for games and it will hurt a lot less to leave you now. It sucked.
That was smart of you to do especially if you were taking your time and he was still playing games. There's no need to waste your time in bad relationships especially as a lady. The benefit we as men have is that we don't have a biological clock ticking from the second we hit puberty. Y'all really can't afford to waste time behind some bozo who is unsure of what he wants or how he feels about you.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
That was smart of you to do especially if you were taking your time and he was still playing games. There's no need to waste your time in bad relationships especially as a lady. The benefit we as men have is that we don't have a biological clock ticking from the second we hit puberty. Y'all really can't afford to waste time behind some bozo who is unsure of what he wants or how he feels about you.
Exactly! This is why I always tell female coworkers and friends they need to really value their time and not waste it messing around with clowns. Too many dudes take advantage of the fact that they aren't the ones having children.

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Exactly! This is why I always tell female coworkers and friends they need to really value their time and not waste it messing around with clowns. Too many dudes take advantage of the fact that they aren't the ones having children.
Time is the one thing we will never get back.

SINCEREM

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Many times, just as I've said before on this forum, most women that came to me aren't fir real love, they came to suck me up and going away at last. I've never experienced true love before, that's why I'm staying off from women at this time until true love comes in the future.

Maxwell

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Many times, just as I've said before on this forum, most women that came to me aren't fir real love, they came to suck me up and going away at last. I've never experienced true love before, that's why I'm staying off from women at this time until true love comes in the future.
The real question would be since you have been with so many of them that were never there for real love, how would you know the one that truly loves you?

SINCEREM

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The real question would be since you have been with so many of them that were never there for real love, how would you know the one that truly loves you?
It will come from the above, I think God will open my eyes to see that true love. That's why they said, try love comes from God, if God doesn't direct, one will always work to fail. At this time, I'm not looking up to getting attached with any girl, most of them don't have feelings for me.

chinwe

Registered
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
When I was twenty, I fell in love with a guy in my neighbourhood, the feeling was so strong but I didn't know how to approach him, luckily for me, he asked me out and of course my joy knew know bounds. gradually, I realised I was the only one makig the calls and buying the gifts. When I complained, he promised to change but yet I dint see any change, so, I called it quits and that was it. A painful expirience though.

Danny

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Latin America
I don't usually get into any relationships easily because I have this belief that most of our ladies lately don't know what love is all about. It's mainly about the money for many of them how with how social media and fake lives have influenced them negatively. It's why before I take any lady seriously, I must have known for sure that she's down to earth for the relationship.

Heatice

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
As an adult, I'm not sure if that's happened to me when it comes to loving who's not reciprocating the affection. But as a teenager, yeah, it's happened to me once. It was my first heartbreak experience and it was very hard on me. It's part of the reason why as an adult now, I'm very enclosed when it comes to loving anyone except my mother.