The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do Black People Like Traditional (raw Fish) Sushi??

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I've been eating sushi since the late 90's. As Black people become more globally sophisticated I think it will become something Black people may try here & there but not all the time.

Sun Light
    Sun Light
    I was thinking the same.. I know wings and rice would sell..I lived in Nola and Asians profit the most from black people buying that daily.. Sushi is considered more upscale.. Thanks for your input..

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    As Black people become more globally sophisticated
    What's sophisticated about eating raw fish?
    Some of yall put these cultures on the pedestal then complain later about discrimination.

Jay
    Jay
    He said “globally” sophisticated meaning “more aware of the world”…he never said sushi was sophisticated. Black Americans DO NOT eat raw meat therefore you have to be more GLOBALLY SOPHISTICATED to understand that there are other people that do.
    Kanu
    Kanu
    Sushi is for women and homosexuals, men who work hard don't eat that.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm trying to gauge if traditional sushi appeals to black people.. Working in a pan Asian restaurant, and researching how many things on the menu would appeal to our people..
    Absolutely. I think it just depends on the demographic you’re trying to target. If you’re trying to target the hood you may have some issues. But middle class and above like sushi in my personal experience.

Sun Light
    Sun Light
    Thanks Jay.. That's really what it boils down to, which market to target..

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I'm trying to gauge if traditional sushi appeals to black people.. Working in a pan Asian restaurant, and researching how many things on the menu would appeal to our people..
    I'll NEVER eat Sushi! 💯

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black folks that travel more eat a larger variety of food. That is the same for any kind of person. It is just something you do. Trying new food and travel go hand in hand. I personally don't like sushi. I had it once. It is not for me but my father told me it is because I had cheap American sushi. He said if you want real sushi, you need to travel for it.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Black folks that travel more eat a larger variety of food. That is the same for any kind of person. It is just something you do. Trying new food and travel go hand in hand. I personally don't like sushi. I had it once. It is not for me but my father told me it is because I had cheap American sushi. He said if you want real sushi, you need to travel for it.
    Thanks, but I'll pass.

D

Deleted member 191

I eat sushi periodically. There used to be a sushi bar in the downtown Cleveland area I frequented and I ate there at least 3 of 4 times/week. It was shrimp tempura roll and a dragon roll. I tried this one dish called a rainbow roll where it was different sushi wrapped in a different kind of fish. It was good. But I've also traveled a little bit in my life and my dad always encouraged trying new dishes so I'm more open to try something new.

D

Deleted member 1946

I eat sushi periodically. There used to be a sushi bar in the downtown Cleveland area I frequented and I ate there at least 3 of 4 times/week. It was shrimp tempura roll and a dragon roll. I tried this one dish called a rainbow roll where it was different sushi wrapped in a different kind of fish. It was good. But I've also traveled a little bit in my life and my dad always encouraged trying new dishes so I'm more open to try something new.
    Although I don't think I can ever get myself to try sushi, I will not knock anybody who tries it. I know there are more and more places that have it.