The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you believe aliens are real?

Kanu

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    How can that not be true with the world being a sphere?
    Most people reject the doctrines of the bible because science told them humans are not special. Science told them the universe is so big (and still expanding), that it is just not possible that God is real. Now the earth being a sphere contradicts with many chapters of the bible, for example where is Heaven if we live in a sphere?

The bible aligns itself with old cosmology.

OTcosmos.jpg

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    But space isn't infinite.
    randomdudeconfused

Space is expanding at the speed of light. In Euclidean geometry the coordinates inside of our space-time are in constant motion. So no matter where you are inside of this space-time bubble, the universe is expanding on the X and Y axis.

That's why E=mc2 has the speed of light squared in order to account for the movement expanding between heavenly bodies on an X and Y axis which are both expanding at... Wait for it... The speed of light.
    Infinite in the sense that we don't know exactly how far it reaches. If anything it feels infinite because we haven't seen everything it has to offer and probably never will.

fisheye lenses mjnegroplease
    I knew you'd bring that up. Doesn't change the fact that there is tons of definite proof out there that it is a sphere. How do you account for the other planets in the solar system that are also spheres? Why is earth so special that it can somehow be the only flat planet in the solar system? Nothing you have said proves it's flat.

This should help a little:
    Most people reject the doctrines of the bible because science told them humans are not special. Science told them the universe is so big (and still expanding), that it is just not possible that God is real. Now the earth being a sphere contradicts with many chapters of the bible, for example where is Heaven if we live in a sphere?

The bible aligns itself with old cosmology.

OTcosmos.jpg
    The bible has also been changed and re-written countless times. I'm not a religious person. I don't believe in there being a flat earth, because I see no proof of it. You can say a god said so all you want, it doesn't prove to me, and many others that it is truth. You can't prove your claim, but with science, you can prove that the earth is a sphere.

And science isn't just about humans. In the grand scheme of things, no one's really special. We're all here to live our lives on this massive rock. Humans, animals, insects, the whole lot. That's what it means, humans are no more special than the other beings on this planet. That's how I see it anyway.

TheHarmattan

*nix Master
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Infinite in the sense that we don't know exactly how far it reaches. If anything it feels infinite because we haven't seen everything it has to offer and probably never will.

I knew you'd bring that up. Doesn't change the fact that there is tons of definite proof out there that it is a sphere. How do you account for the other planets in the solar system that are also spheres? Why is earth so special that it can somehow be the only flat planet in the solar system? Nothing you have said proves it's flat.

The bible has also been changed and re-written countless times. I'm not a religious person. I don't believe in there being a flat earth, because I see no proof of it. You can say a god said so all you want, it doesn't prove to me, and many others that it is truth. You can't prove your claim, but with science, you can prove that the earth is a sphere.

And science isn't just about humans. In the grand scheme of things, no one's really special. We're all here to live our lives on this massive rock. Humans, animals, insects, the whole lot. That's what it means, humans are no more special than the other beings on this planet. That's how I see it anyway.
    We have pictures of the cosmic background radiation. So we know approximately how big it is.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Most people reject the doctrines of the bible because science told them humans are not special. Science told them the universe is so big (and still expanding), that it is just not possible that God is real.

In the grand scheme of things, no one's really special. We're all here to live our lives on this massive rock. Humans, animals, insects, the whole lot.
    @Boss Hog See? usher laugh

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America

Have you done any empirical research by yourself?

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We have pictures of the cosmic background radiation. So we know approximately how big it is.
    Then I learned something new today. Either way, we haven't discovered everything there is to see out there, and aside from that, isn't there more outside of our own solar system that we've yet to even grasp?
    Have you done any empirical research by yourself?
    Have you? You can't prove your theory with empirical evidence just like I can't go up to space to prove my point. But that's the thing, I don't have to. There's enough proof out there, showing that the earth is in fact a sphere, while there is literally non that proves it's flat like you state. I may not be a scientist by any means, but that doesn't discount the facts that are readily available to you.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah that makes sense. And like someone else said in here, space is infinite, so there's got to be other lifeforms out there just like us or close to what we are. It's pretty cool to think of, because I do wonder what languages they would speak, how they act, look, are they hostile beings if we ever met? etc.
    I just hope they are not like Europeans or else we’re screwed.

Invincible1914

Sixer
    Tither
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I didn’t know people who believed the earth was flat were serious.

What’s the point in having a public education system if you can makeup what you want, turn it into a divisive argument, be the loudest person in the room, refuse to accept accept defeat no matter what then declare your self the winner when the other person realize how hopeless it is arguing with you.

Ooh, I have one… Black people taste like chocolate. I dare anybody to think otherwise.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I didn’t know people who believed the earth was flat were serious.

What’s the point in having a public education system if you can makeup what you want, turn it into a divisive argument, be the loudest person in the room, refuse to accept accept defeat no matter what then declare your self the winner when the other person realize how hopeless it is arguing with you.

Ooh, I have one… Black people taste like chocolate. I dare anybody to think otherwise.
    What's the point of having freedom if we can't believe what we want? Let's all embrace transhumanism and become machines then.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What's the point of having freedom if we can't believe what we want? Let's all embrace transhumanism and become machines then.
    That's all well and fine, but when you claim something to be true, and express others are wrong if they disagree, then it sounds like you're forcing a belief on someone. That's what it feels like to me.

Believe what you want to believe, that's fine, but don't tell us we have to believe what you believe in, or that you're right because god says so. You can argue a point all you want, but when you can't show proof, saying the same thing over and over isn't going to change anything.

Kanu

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    That's all well and fine, but when you claim something to be true, and express others are wrong if they disagree, then it sounds like you're forcing a belief on someone. That's what it feels like to me.

Believe what you want to believe, that's fine, but don't tell us we have to believe what you believe in, or that you're right because god says so. You can argue a point all you want, but when you can't show proof, saying the same thing over and over isn't going to change anything.
    I can say the same for science boys. 🤷‍♀️

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Kyrie Irving believes it is possible (or at least did). People are out there who feel that way. I am fine with it. Like, believe what you want. It is healthy to explore and learn about the planet even if it is through conspiracies and random theories. Just don't push it on kids and I have no issue.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

Aquilla

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Those are not aliens though, they are terrestrial. Do you believe extra-terrestrials exist?
    What I meant was those creature inhibit alien like traits that it has to possible that extraterrestrials exist. Them deep ocean creatures look out of this world. Definitely similar creatures exist from afar. I doubt God created us as the only forms when a whole galaxy exists. There is more out there.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    What I meant was those creature inhibit alien like traits that it has to possible that extraterrestrials exist. Them deep ocean creatures look out of this world. Definitely similar creatures exist from afar. I doubt God created us as the only forms when a whole galaxy exists. There is more out there.
    I would think that any creature that is extra-terrestrial may not even look like anything we've ever seen. What if extra-terrestrial life is so different than life on Earth that one of those deep sea creatures ends up looking very similar to a homo sapien?

Aquilla

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I would think that any creature that is extra-terrestrial may not even look like anything we've ever seen. What if extra-terrestrial life is so different than life on Earth that one of those deep sea creatures ends up looking very similar to a homo sapien?
    Damn you might be on to something. However, I wouldn't put it past that our creatures have similarities to the aliens. I have a crazy theory but it may be too damn wild lol

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Damn you might be on to something. However, I wouldn't put it past that our creatures have similarities to the aliens. I have a crazy theory but it may be too damn wild lol
    I personally think that extraterrestrials could potentially look just like us if we have a single creator. But if the creator made an algorithm that went and created multiple different lifeforms then we can see some truly random creatures. However if there is variance I wouldn't expect it to look like anything we see on earth. We are carbon based, what would a hydrogen based or other type of organism look like? What if they didn't need to breath air? What if they didn't need water? Their entire makeup would be different. We look at things from our perspective and it taints how we could view other life.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female

Aquilla

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I personally think that extraterrestrials could potentially look just like us if we have a single creator. But if the creator made an algorithm that went and created multiple different lifeforms then we can see some truly random creatures. However if there is variance I wouldn't expect it to look like anything we see on earth. We are carbon based, what would a hydrogen based or other type of organism look like? What if they didn't need to breath air? What if they didn't need water? Their entire makeup would be different. We look at things from our perspective and it taints how we could view other life.
    Very true. We would have to be open minded to discover the possibilities.
    I always wanted to go on one of those submarines to see all the creatures deep in the ocean. They are so beautiful...I love how they all light up
    Bioluminescence. The deep ocean is insanely cold and is filled with a lot of pressure. Which explains the weirdness of the creatures

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I believe aliens are real. I mean, we're not the only habitable planet out there I'm sure, so there's got to be beings like us out there, or even better or more messed up than us. But there's got to be other beings out there who are like humans and can think, feel, speak, etc. I think it'd be cool to one day discover a planet we can actually reach that has life. Obviously it would be scary, but exciting at the same time. What do you think we'd see. What will beings look like on other planets.

Honestly, I'm kinda hoping there are other planets with humans. What if that was a reality, that other planets had human like beings, kinda like Star Wars. But I don't think it's as cool as that.
    You're right, but they're NOT aliens, they're the original rulers of this planet & THEY ARE US!
    WS knows who we truly are & that's why they've been trying to eliminate us for nearly 500 years.
    Like I've said before, EXODUS isn't just a book in the Bible or just a Bob Marley song.
    Listen to EWF & look at ALL their album covers. Listen to The Jones Girls, NIGHTS OVER EGYPT. Erykah Badu, DIDN'T CHA KNOW. Barry White even knew & did an interview. KEEP YOUR HEAD TO THE SKY isn't just a song either.

View: https://youtu.be/BZOV3mHHrac

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Bioluminescence. The deep ocean is insanely cold and is filled with a lot of pressure. Which explains the weirdness of the creatures
    When they are Brough to shore they are so ugly good lord. I can't believe their bodies are able to resist such pressure. The submarine has a hard time going to those depths and they're just swimming around like it's just another day on the block.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I believe that they are not just only real but are living in our society today and our government knows about them, or even if they are not living amongst us, our government have them under surveillance and probably carrying out experiments with them.
    They're NOT the little green men that everyone thinks they are. IJS

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Very true. We would have to be open minded to discover the possibilities.
    Yes we could be looking at life and never know it. We don’t even respect all the life on our own planet. We don’t see plants as living beings deserving of their lives simply because they don’t walk.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I legit think we have aliens in the ocean. Some of the stuff that lives down there, just don't look like it was from earth. For all we know, we have been incubating some sort of nasty alien species in the ocean for centuries.
    They're everywhere. Oceans, mountains, other planets, here, everywhere!
    The myth of the little green & gray men will cease, when EXODUS commences! 💯
    The only movie that I've seen that's even close to reality is THE RETURNED. The rest are WS propaganda, pretending that the space travelers are them! They've only been in existence for 6,000 years.
    View: https://youtu.be/HU34yuBxecY