The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you celebrate Kwanzaa?

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
No. I never felt a real ancestral connection with Kwanzaa even though I always wanted to. Now I'm not too worried about it especially since it has been revealed that Kwanzaa was created by operatives to Africanize our FBA / ADOS / Freedmen ancestry. Then my lack of connection with it began to make sense.

I need to remind and uncondition myself from not celebrating things like Thanksgiving. My relatives love to prepare and cook meals for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. But that's usually as far as it goes these days. No one hardly buys gifts for each other anymore unless there's something interesting on sale.

Jay_Judah202

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Nope I never saw the value in it. I take blackice_ATL approach on Kwanzaa. It‘s another way to celebrate a white man’s pagan holiday.
I agree. They created a holiday for every religion to make sure everyone's spending $$$ and participating in the ritual around Nimrod's birthday.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Kwanzaa was created by an agent who helped destabilize the Black Panthers.

No Way Do Not Want GIF

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

No Way Do Not Want GIF
    The rivalry came to a climax during 1969, with a series of armed confrontations and retaliatory shootings that left four Panthers dead, and more injured on both sides. A memorandum of the Los Angeles field office of the FBI dated May 26, 1970, confirmed that the surge of conflict suited their objectives and more would be encouraged:

"It is intended that US, Inc. will be discreetly and appropriately advised of the time and locations of BPP activities in order that the two organizations might be brought together and thus grant nature the opportunity to take her due course."[17]
    According to Louis Tackwood, a former informant with the Los Angeles Police Department's Criminal Conspiracies Section and author of The Glass House Tapes, Ronald Karenga was knowingly provided financial, arms, and other support by LAPD, with Tackwood as liaison, for US operations against the Black Panthers. Karenga enjoyed a level of trust among figures in government, including LAPD Chief Thomas Reddin and California Governor Ronald Reagan.[17

AChris

Sixer First Class+
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ok, reason I asked is its big there. Only city I know that got a parade for it. I think the guy who introduced it taught a university there (Temple U) but not 100 percent sure.
    We have had community Kwanzaa celebrations, but I don't recall any parades. I was mostly exposed to small gatherings of family and friends.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree. They created a holiday for every religion to make sure everyone's spending $$$ and participating in the ritual around Nimrod's birthday.
    Big facts Sis. Holidays, one of the biggest economic drains weighing on us. Maybe the placement (date) was wrong, but I understand why it was done - to give us an alternative to the pagan holiday preceding ... Instead of monetary material, maybe acts of love can be substituted ... Salute ✊🏿

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My childhood was filled with Kwanzaa celebrations, but not so much in my adult life. I do appreciate the concept of Kwanzaa but celebrating it is not that important any more.
    Same here. Kwanzaa was a much bigger deal when I was growing up than it is now.
    There used to be Kwanzaa celebrations and ceremonies all around town; but nowadays, not so much.

E

educatedman23

No Way Do Not Want GIF
    Fuck Ron Karenga. Excuse my language. I used to celebrate it before I knew he was a sellout. Now, I utilize the principles of Kwanzaa everyday. And I make sure every person I know who wants to celebrate it that he was a sellout for this system for the reason you said.

E

educatedman23

Same here. Kwanzaa was a much bigger deal when I was growing up than it is now.
    There used to be Kwanzaa celebrations and ceremonies all around town; but nowadays, not so much.
    What do you think happened to stop this? Is it that people realized that his intentions were not sincere and that he was an agent of this system?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What do you think happened to stop this?
    I'm not sure; but if I had to speculate, I could think of some reasons:
    • Gentrification - fewer Black people in an area would mean fewer people celebrating Kwanzaa in that area.
    • Changing attitudes towards Pan-Africanism
    • A rise in the celebration of other cultural/religious holidays
    • COVID inhibited people's ability to congregate
    Is it that people realized that his intentions were not sincere and that he was an agent of this system?
    Definitely not. Kwanzaa isn't a celebration of Maulana Karenga, it's a cultural event. The average person probably doesn't even know who he is.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nope I never saw the value in it. I take blackice_ATL approach on Kwanzaa. It‘s another way to celebrate a white man’s pagan holiday.
    There is so much pagan BS in western culture now it is insane. Just look at what trends when it comes to teens and young women. It is all crystals, horoscopes, hippie symbolism... It is all nonsense.

At this point, I celebrate mothers/fathers day, birthdays, and Christmas. Christmas is ONLY celebrated as a family gathering. If you look into the backdrop, even that is pagan as well.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Fuck Ron Karenga. Excuse my language. I used to celebrate it before I knew he was a sellout. Now, I utilize the principles of Kwanzaa everyday. And I make sure every person I know who wants to celebrate it that he was a sellout for this system for the reason you said.
    My man’s came right across the bow no sugar coating. I’m witchu too. When I heard the police was giving that nigga money and guns to attack the Panthers I couldn’t even look at him or his holiday the same.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm not sure; but if I had to speculate, I could think of some reasons:
    • Gentrification - fewer Black people in an area would mean fewer people celebrating Kwanzaa in that area.
    • Changing attitudes towards Pan-Africanism
    • A rise in the celebration of other cultural/religious holidays
    • COVID inhibited people's ability to congregate

Definitely not. Kwanzaa isn't a celebration of Maulana Karenga, it's a cultural event. The average person probably doesn't even know who he is.
    I remember they used to teach Kwanzaa in school as well. I don’t know if that’s the case any longer. My son doesn’t talk about it.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah, I really didn't know. We all should utilize them, that we what I was trying to get at ... Salute !

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There is so much pagan BS in western culture now it is insane. Just look at what trends when it comes to teens and young women. It is all crystals, horoscopes, hippie symbolism... It is all nonsense.

At this point, I celebrate mothers/fathers day, birthdays, and Christmas. Christmas is ONLY celebrated as a family gathering. If you look into the backdrop, even that is pagan as well.
    True. Yeah, everybody is caught up in it. You start to feel like a hamster, just running on a wheel, playing the cog role ... Gotta support the system today. It's terrible

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    True. Yeah, everybody is caught up in it. You start to feel like a hamster, just running on a wheel, playing the cog role ... Gotta support the system today. It's terrible
    Everything is fueled by greed, function, or both. Either they want to sell your something, they want you to believe in something or both. That is the state of the market in America.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    Nah, not really. My family mostly celebrated Christmas and Easter, Christian holidays pretty much. We had an uncle who was into Kwanzaa, but most of my family kinda ignored it or just were never interested in celebrating it.

As well, it always felt like no one celebrated it. It may be because it's still kinda a new holiday, especially since it first started in the 60s.

I remember they used to teach Kwanzaa in school as well. I don’t know if that’s the case any longer. My son doesn’t talk about it.
    I don't think they ever taught us about Kwanzaa in school if I remember correctly. I doubt they're teaching it these days.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you know the real history behind Kwanzaa, you will not value it that much. It's not a celebration that I'm willing to take part it because I it's not truly for Black's.
    Does your country have a holiday that's similar to Kwanzaa?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Does your country have a holiday that's similar to Kwanzaa?
    It used to be a beautiful celebration, back in the early 70's & 80's. Then, we ALL separated & began killing each other, no more village, only chaos! 😪

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Don't forget Wicca, certain witchcraft, stones, yoni eggs, MBTI personalities, pronouns, edgy atheism, LGBT rainbow symbolism, etc.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Season 5 Wow GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Shit you can’t say in Facebook for $400 Alex.
    That was very tame compared to what I really want to say about him, that demon racist rapist Timothy Haslett that tortured and murdered Black women, and many other anti-Black racists and traitors.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nah, not really. My family mostly celebrated Christmas and Easter, Christian holidays pretty much. We had an uncle who was into Kwanzaa, but most of my family kinda ignored it or just were never interested in celebrating it.

As well, it always felt like no one celebrated it. It may be because it's still kinda a new holiday, especially since it first started in the 60s.

I don't think they ever taught us about Kwanzaa in school if I remember correctly. I doubt they're teaching it these days.
    I remember them teaching more about Hanukkah while only mentioning Kwanzaa.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you know the real history behind Kwanzaa, you will not value it that much. It's not a celebration that I'm willing to take part it because I it's not truly for Black's.
    It's only for the likes of Kamala Harris to show how "Black" they are by claiming that they chow down Cajun collard greens and spicy Popeye's chicken sandwiches while listening to Tupac and smoking ganja during Kwanzaa. While their zaddies and haggard Susans dress in kente cloth and wear kufis.

And then they all eat watermelon pies and twerk to Cardi B as they live happily ever after.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I remember them teaching more about Hanukkah while only mentioning Kwanzaa.
    My children were in Muslem school when they were preschool age, then the government shut ALL the schools down. They learned & enjoyed Muslem celebrated holidays.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My children were in Muslem school when they were preschool age, then the government shut ALL the schools down. They learned & enjoyed Muslem celebrated holidays.
    Why did the government shut them down? Did they fear that the children of those schools would later become part of the Nation of Islam?

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Almost time :) We all need to get recentered on the goal, strategize, and come back to the one ...

Seriously, Kwanza may be our one of many tools to help unify us ...

I remember Kwanza celebrations back when I was a kid. Big backyard BBQ feast, and music. Mountain of soul food.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Why did the government shut them down? Did they fear that the children of those schools would later become part of the Nation of Islam?
    That & our children would be highly intelligent. Malcolm X, Huey P. Newton, etc. All of Minister Farrakhan's children are doctors & lawyers.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Don't forget Wicca, certain witchcraft, stones, yoni eggs, MBTI personalities, pronouns, edgy atheism, LGBT rainbow symbolism, etc.
    It has all merged. I can't tell you how many white women in their 20s I have come across who claim to be witches. Back in the day, these morons would be hung.

Drakbluud

Senior Sixer
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Haha everyone has all these sophisticated answers— I don’t celebrate it anymore, but when I did, it was nice just because of the big family/friends get together. I can hardly remember happier times.

Family and friends would get together in my back yard on the green lawn. A semi-circle of white tables set out. Twelve mommas, aunties and wives would prepare a sumptuous feast of collards, BBQ chicken and pork ribs (parents told me not to eat the pork), potato salad, mac n cheese, and even some healthier dishes— I remember the many shiny trays of food glinted like treasure in the evening light as the sun set in and the band began to jam. Then when night came you could see the little fires warming the food. And everyone took delight in the gathering. Adults talking to one another, and kids playing.
    That was back in the day.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It has all merged. I can't tell you how many white women in their 20s I have come across who claim to be witches. Back in the day, these morons would be hung.
    If you think about, they are now beginning to self-identify as something that they were all along: witches. I can't wait for the day these white males and white females and their white adjacents begin self-identifying as demons so that there aren't any more false pretenses and more Black people can peak and wake up from the coon spell they put on us.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you think about, they are now beginning to self-identify as something that they were all along: witches. I can't wait for the day these white males and white females and their white adjacents begin self-identifying as demons so that there aren't any more false pretenses and more Black people can peak and wake up from the coon spell they put on us.
    It is already happening on TikTok. There are people who identify as demons. They use the pronouns "Demon" and "Demonself". I am not even joking. My friend was showing me a vid of this last week.