The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you enjoy partying on the weekends, or doing something else?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
I used to party every weekend with my lady and friends. But I turned 30 and I honestly couldn't deal with the hangovers, and to be honest, I kind got bored of doing it so much. My weekends these days are hanging with the family, meeting friends on occasion, and maybe gaming, watching movies and when covid ends, traveling.

Have you grown out of partying? I don't mind partying, just not as much as I used to.

eclipsed

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I went out a lot more in my late teens and early 20's. I never felt socially comfortable at parties though. People were too loud and too drunk for my liking. I tended to just find a small group of other people at the parties I went to and just hang out with them away from everyone else lol

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I grew out of it around 32 or so, would step out from time to time but mostly I gamed and read, watched shows or kept to myself mostly.
    This was me too…I started cutting out all my friends who only wanted to party. It started to be a waste of time and money.

D

Deleted member 1946

I used to party a lot in my teens and have reduced it to once or twice a month now. I find it fun spending time with family and friends in indoor.
    My older family overall is not the partying type either. This is the typical thing I see... young people like to party. As a person's income goes up and he or she has more responsibilities, then it is harder to party as much as one used to.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was never really into weekend parties. I haven't done something like this in years. I never cared for drinking either. I have maybe 3 or 4 drinks a year, if that. It is usually at some special event like a wedding or something. Maybe I am just becoming older faster than everyone else but I can't tolerate being around drunks and loud music.