The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you get another pet when one passes away?

Real One

Sixer
zBucks
Your pets passing away is not a fun experience. I've lost a few pets in my life and it doesn't get easier. But, how do you cope after they pass? Do you get another pet afterwards? Or do you usually wait it out before adopting another pet into the family?

Each of my pets have helped me a lot with my mental health, and losing them is very tough on me, but I think for the most part, giving another pet a home is a good option. I've been think about adopting a pet from the pound, so that I at least adopt a pet in need. Anyway, how do you deal with a loss of a pet, do you adopt another pet right away? Or do you take the time to grieve and wait on adopting another pet?

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
This one is hard. When my childhood dog passed away, I immediately knew I needed another one. We got our current dog about 6 months after he passed away and that really helped me heal. He's 9 now and has a few health issues and I know it's going to hit me extremely hard when he passes. I'm not sure I'll get another pet for awhile when that day comes.