The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you go all out for gift giving? Or do you prefer to just get a few things?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
You all done your Christmas shopping? Do you go all out with the gifts you give? I usually get a gift for each of my close family. I'll sometimes gift a friend with something, but it's rare that I bother with that. It's mostly family that I give gifts to.

I try not to get expensive gifts. I usually get my siblings a t-shirt and other clothes. Everyone needs some new clothes, so they are happy with that. If I could afford more, I'd get them more than just clothes.

What's the most expensive gift you've given someone? For me, it was a gaming chair around $200 that I got for my younger brother.

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
I give gifts throughout the year. When Christmas comes, I don’t buy many gifts, mainly my kids…
Yeah, the kids in my fam are the ones that get most of the gifts. The adults rarely bother gifting each other gifts, at least in my family. I get my parents gifts, nieces and nephews and my bros and sisters and that's mainly it. All my grandparents are dead, at least I'm pretty sure they are.

I usually only gift my wife and mom, my kids (grown now) not so much. But my wife will gift everyone, even down to the damn cats.
I think that's what I would do too. Once I think you're 18, gifts should be off the table haha. But idk, maybe on certain special occasions and stuff. or scale it back some and maybe get one gift for each kid and so on.