The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you go to church often? Or not anymore?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
The 'black church' is dying anyway. Gen Y an Gen Z aren't going. Men have opted out. 50 years ago, every black person under 30 has been to church, these days? Maybe....maybe...easter Sunday but by and large the only time young blacks, especially young black men have been to church are for wedding and funerals.

No black pastor has any pull with the young masses. TD Jakes, none of them. The black church has sold out the black communithy as a collective. The few that haven't there aren't enough of them to make much of a difference.

ajlamothe

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Growing up my mom forced me to go to church every Sunday. These days I'm not very religious. I do believe in god, but I don't go to church much. I will go to church with my mom whenever I visit her though, but other than that, I haven't went to church in a couple years now. I've never been one to be too religious, but I say more power to you if you are. I respect anyone's choice to believe what they want. It's just never really been my thing.
I hadn't been to anyone's church besides funerals since 2010. After living in a bad situation (business struggling), I started giving more and more money in an effort to get a little extra help with my business. The help came when I realized that only I can help myself.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Growing up my mom forced me to go to church every Sunday. These days I'm not very religious. I do believe in god, but I don't go to church much. I will go to church with my mom whenever I visit her though, but other than that, I haven't went to church in a couple years now. I've never been one to be too religious, but I say more power to you if you are. I respect anyone's choice to believe what they want. It's just never really been my thing.
    I rarely go to church outside of weddings or christenings.