The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you go to church often? Or not anymore?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I simply refuse to be involved with, and support financially, an institution with does not benefit my people. The rhetoric taught is diametrically opposed to what we need as a people.
    For real. I went to my grandpa’s church two weeks ago and a dude got on stage and said:

”put your problems in god’s hand cuz it’s his fight not yours”

I was like: prince disgust

then he said: “protect us lord, show us the way lord, you are our protector and savior lord…you have delivered us lord”

I was thinking: “we’re an under class, we have no economic base, cops kill us with impunity, our home continent is conquered….nigga WTF HAS JESUS DONE FOR YOU?”

Dukect

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I used to go all the time when I was growing up but when I was around 23 I stopped going regularly. The main reason why is that the church has nothing more to teach as it just repeats itself and in my humble opinion I feel that's not the way forward for the Black community.

Also a lot of Coons are in 95% of black churches these days and as long as you got reality shows like this

You can see why most people are leaving the church

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I no longer go to any church and never will again. I don't deal with Xtianity or any other religion. As an Israelite, I don't deal with religions and belief systems. being an Israelite is not another religion or belief system, it is my heritage that I have reclaimed.
    What got you into it? How did you gravitate towards it?

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    The facts on the table dealing with world history and the prophesies in Scripture. When a 2000 year old book can call out history with spectacular accuracy, there must be something there.
    I have to ask, how do you reconcile with the fact that the text used has been altered by Europe? Are there movements to get bibles that predate king James or Catholicism?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The facts on the table dealing with world history and the prophesies in Scripture. When a 2000 year old book can call out history with spectacular accuracy, there must be something there.
    Ok that makes sense. I don’t like the Bible but I’ve seen some really good Hebrew groups that were disciplined and organized.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I have to ask, how do you reconcile with the fact that the text used has been altered by Europe? Are there movements to get bibles that predate king James or Catholicism?
    Not sure what you mean by "altered". outside of translation errors, there is very few if any wholesale alterations to the original texts. One would need to exercise textual criticism to get through some of the discrepancies in translations.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Not sure what you mean by "altered". outside of translation errors, there is very few if any wholesale alterations to the original texts. One would need to exercise textual criticism to get through some of the discrepancies in translations.
    I’m talking about the ecumenical councils and how the story of Jesus was created by Rome.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Ok that makes sense. I don’t like the Bible but I’ve seen some really good Hebrew groups that were disciplined and organized.
    That's understandable seeing how many of our people have spent a good portion of their lives dealing with the grand lie of Christianity. I would advise anyone who attends the Xtian church to leave today and never go back.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    That's understandable seeing how many of our people have spent a good portion of their lives dealing with the grand lie of Christianity. I would advise anyone who attends the Xtian church to leave today and never go back.
    I agree. Anything telling you to put your problems in someone else’s hands, to turn the other cheek, and to trust a man in the sky is problematic.

Dewdrops

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    Many of our people go to church but few are in harmony with their divine self which is the Lord / God inwhich they seek. I find that I can more affectively introduce our people to the universal creator divine by bypassing the church which tend to block people from really knowing who to creator is which can only by found in ones self.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    99.9% of all who say that they believe in Jesus of 2000 years ago don't realize that there was no letter j until around the late 1500's and thus that Jesus didn't exist.
    This would only show that The man's name isn't "Jesus" but not that the man didn't exist or that the narrative about him is untrue. This is another one of those translation errors I mentioned earlier.

Dewdrops

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    This would only show that The man's name isn't "Jesus" but not that the man didn't exist or that the narrative about him is untrue. This is another one of those translation errors I mentioned earlier.
    But the problem with that is that the church say there is power in the name of Jesus and if that wasn't his name then who are they talking bout and why are they not calling him by his real name . I can get the same thing with any name I choose because what it all comes down to is the emotion / spirit that is attached to it.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    But the problem with that is that the church say there is power in the name of Jesus and if that wasn't his name then who are they talking bout and why are they not calling him by his real name . I can get the same thing with any name I choose because what it all comes down to is the emotion / spirit that is attached to it.
    Great point. Who are you speaking to when you say Jesus?

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The Council of Chalcedon created the trinity which caused the African churches to splinter off and create non-chalcedonian Christianity.

The council of Nicaea determined that Jesus was divine.
    These would be examples of a misinterpretation of the biblical data rather than a change in the data.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    These would be examples of a misinterpretation of the biblical data rather than a change in the data.
    Not true. The Roman Empire literally wrote the story to keep the Empire from splitting up. There were pivotal people like Arius and Nestor who had opinions that were causing dissent and the government had to settle it via an ecumenical council.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The Xtian church says a lot of things. the Xtian isn't going to get anything out of calling Yahawah-Shi by His rightful name anyway because they Don't follow the law Which Yahawah-Shi told them to do.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Not true. The Roman Empire literally wrote the story to keep the Empire from splitting up. There were pivotal people like Arius and Nestor who had opinions that were causing dissent and the government had to settle it via an ecumenical council.
    Show me the trinity in the biblical text..

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Show me the trinity in the biblical text..
    I’m not going to play 20 questions. Rome manipulated the Bible and I gave two examples of it. Im not religious so it doesn’t matter to me. They have 12 major ecumenical councils and many more where hey crafted the story of the Jesus. If the book you read descends from that then you are reading a european depiction of Jesus.

D

Deleted member 405

Growing up my mom forced me to go to church every Sunday. These days I'm not very religious. I do believe in god, but I don't go to church much. I will go to church with my mom whenever I visit her though, but other than that, I haven't went to church in a couple years now. I've never been one to be too religious, but I say more power to you if you are. I respect anyone's choice to believe what they want. It's just never really been my thing.
    I stopped back in my teens after realizing its just a show...

D

Deleted member 191

I stopped buying into it my freshman year of High School (the start of the priest diddling little boys scandal). However, I still went with my mom because if she was singing a song or leading some kind of special event I would go to support her. I stopped going permanently freshman yr of College.

chinwe

Registered
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I am a christian, I believe in Jesus Christ and I can't do without going to church. Its a part of me that is very crucial to my daily living. That is where I get the strenght and encouragrment to carry on with my day to day activities, by the grace of God, I will never forsake the gathering of the brethren.

MR-D-ROB

Sixer First Class
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm pretty much the same. I was never forced to go as a child. My parents went on a infrequent basis! They left it up to me if I wanted to go with them or not.

I respect my parents for always allowing me to make my own decsions. They let me know their view and if I disagreed they left me to do what was best. They only got involved if it was something they felt would have a bad outcome for me.

As long as I kept my grades good and stayed out of trouble they were fine with whatever I did.

I rarely go to church now. I believe in God and that Jesus is our savior. I just believe different than what a lot of these churches teach. I believe that Jesus was a black man and that is why he was treated the way he was and why he got crucified. If you think about it does they way Jesus was treated sound more like how a black man or white man would have been treated?

The system of white supremacy uses religion to keep us submissive and docile. They want us talking about forgiveness when they kill our loved ones. We're the only race that they make to feel it is wrong to show anger.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    For years now, I'm no longer serious about going to church. I'm a born Catholic but over the course of time, I felt like I'm being lied to about what Christianity is all about or that those that are preaching it aren't doing exactly what they are preaching which makes it very difficult for me. I'm more interested in being good to my fellow man then pride myself on being a church goer who doesn't do well by my neighbours.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Growing up my mom forced me to go to church every Sunday. These days I'm not very religious. I do believe in god, but I don't go to church much. I will go to church with my mom whenever I visit her though, but other than that, I haven't went to church in a couple years now. I've never been one to be too religious, but I say more power to you if you are. I respect anyone's choice to believe what they want. It's just never really been my thing.
    No I dont go because if it isnt a weekly fashion show its a orgy house and it isnt what it use to be.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I'm a Hebrew Israelite so it may be a bit different, but I'll still chime in. I was actually kicked out of my most recent congregation for not bending to the will of the egomaniac who ran it who wanted me to actually stop doing The Black Narrative. Since then, I haven't had any desire to join any assembly or church because it's often filled with cult personalities and hypocrisy spilling over the brim. They'll take the word of The Most High and twist it for their own personal agendas. I could go on and on, but long story short, I'm not a part of any assembly.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I haven't been to church since 2004. I was baptized catholic, but I don't believe in organized religion. I feel that you should be able to pray anywhere you want and don't necessarily have to go to church because god is all seeing. I also feel that churches are greedy and want you to give them money.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    As a collective the black church (not just in America but anywhere Africans or people of African descent are) have failed the people. Speifically in America, church is primarily used partiailly as a coping mechanism for dealing with white supremacy. They offer none or very little effective solutions. As an aside, I do not consider white evangelicals as a whole Christians. And I would ask any Black pastor if they are Christian and if he says yes, ask him why? Because white evangelicals, especially those in the south and midwest, have been on the wrong side of EVERY social or racial event in American history. They were for slavery. For the south in the Civil War. For Jim Crow and segration. Against the women's right to vote in 1919. Against the Civil Rights movement. EIther by silence or by admission the deaths of every publicly followed death of Black people at the hands of police or white individuals from Trayvon Martin to today. ALL. And I'm supposed to go to a Black church that calls white evangelicals brothers and sisters in Christ? The black church has been co-opted for a while. There are about 21 black banks/credit unions in America. The black churches in cities with a black bank. How much money do they put in them? I'd be shocked if there was one red cent. Nah, I'm good. And the black church in America are the best of the lot. The ones in Africa and the Caribbean are the gulliest. They would make a pimp blush. Money and hoes is all they are about.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    Going to church haven't been a big deal for me in years even though that my father is a Knight of St. Mulumba, it doesn’t change anything towards how I feel about going to church. If my spirit isn't connected to going at any particular Sunday, I'm definitely not going anywhere. It's just like today that's a Sunday, I'm not going anywhere.