The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do You Have a TV in the Bedroom

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This is something I am pretty strict on. I don't like having one in the bedroom and I don't want one in there. My bedroom is a place of sleep, calm, and general rest from the damages and issues of the world. I don't want that mess in there in any form. I know a lot of couples though that have a TV in the bedroom. I am curious if you think it is good or bad? If you are in a relationship, do you have a TV in your bedroom? What is your take on it?

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
This is something I am pretty strict on. I don't like having one in the bedroom and I don't want one in there. My bedroom is a place of sleep, calm, and general rest from the damages and issues of the world. I don't want that mess in there in any form. I know a lot of couples though that have a TV in the bedroom. I am curious if you think it is good or bad? If you are in a relationship, do you have a TV in your bedroom? What is your take on it?
I've a TV in my bedroom. I've been lulled to sleep with ambient light & Smooth Jazz music. I sleep much better & longer. YouTube also has dark screen music & sounds that relaxes you. It's been this way for me since age 5. That's also how I put all my children to sleep, when they were babies.
Pandora & Spotify are my favorites.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I've a TV in my bedroom. I've been lulled to sleep with ambient light & Smooth Jazz music. I sleep much better & longer. YouTube also has dark screen music & sounds that relax you. It's been this way for me since age 5. That's also how I put all my children to sleep, when they were babies.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I've a TV in my bedroom. I've been lulled to sleep with ambient light & Smooth Jazz music. I sleep much better & longer. YouTube also has dark screen music & sounds that relaxes you. It's been this way for me since age 5. That's also how I put all my children to sleep, when they were babies.
You don't need a TV for that though. I have a Bluetooth speaker set in my bedroom and if I want to put on some music, I do so through my phone. I get the convenience of a TV though, especially with kids.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
You don't need a TV for that though. I have a Bluetooth speaker set in my bedroom and if I want to put on some music, I do so through my phone. I get the convenience of a TV though, especially with kids.
I never said that I needed it, it's what I prefer.
I never said that I needed it, I prefer it. I've been lulled to sleep since age 5.
My dear Father brought me a portable record player & I've been on music ever since.
I love the ambient light that colors the room. Back in the day, it was Black light posters, lava lamps & music. Always has & always will be music, in every room of my home. 🎶I LOVE MUSIC🎶 by The O'Jays

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't have a TV in my bedroom, haven't for almost 30 years. I sleep better without one. It also depends in my opinion if you're married or not. TV could be a big distraction if either of you wants to get in the "mood" and the other is watching TV... get rid of it!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I don't have a TV in my bedroom, haven't for almost 30 years. I sleep better without one. It also depends in my opinion if you're married or not. TV could be a big distraction if either of you wants to get in the "mood" and the other is watching TV... get rid of it!
    The ambient light & Smooth Jazz playing softly keeps both lovers "in the mood". 🎶ALL NIGHT LONG🎶 🎶"If you don't know, now you know"!🎶 ❤❤
    Don't knock it, till you've tried it! ❤💯❤

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    TV means absolutely nothing, when I 🎶BACK THIS THANG UP🎶 💯😍

porter66

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes I need one in the bedroom. It's the place where I can listen to my youtube shows and relax

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, I do have a TV in my bedroom. In all honesty, my bedroom has a TV, my work computer, my personal computer, a mini-fridge, and a few other things. At this point you can consider my room a miniature apartment, I have all my necessary items in my bedroom. There was no other place in my house to add my work computer (I work from home), so the bedroom was the best option for me. As for the TV, everyone else living with me pretty much occupies the rest of the house, so the TV was a no-brainer. I enjoy me time during my free time, so this is why I have all these items in my room.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Yes, I do have a TV in my bedroom. In all honesty, my bedroom has a TV, my work computer, my personal computer, a mini-fridge, and a few other things. At this point you can consider my room a miniature apartment, I have all my necessary items in my bedroom. There was no other place in my house to add my work computer (I work from home), so the bedroom was the best option for me. As for the TV, everyone else living with me pretty much occupies the rest of the house, so the TV was a no-brainer. I enjoy me time during my free time, so this is why I have all these items in my room.
    When I lived in Stockton, CA, my TV, mini fridge & microwave was in my room. It was the only way to keep my mother in law at that time from taking our food & eating it. We bought her what she wanted, but she just refused to leave our 💩 alone. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    I agree with you on the idea that TVs should not be setup in the bedroom. I don't even have a music set in my bedroom since I want to sleep and enjoy my sleep each time I am back from work. Having a TV will be a big distraction to achieving my goals of having a good rest once I am back from work.

Travis

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    No, I have a lazy boy lounge chair in the living room. I prefer leaving the TV business there. The bedroom is for far much better and important activities like sleeping :-) among others! The blue light will just mess up your sleep.