The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you have any dating horror stories?

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
My worst experience isn't so much a date but after the date. The days after he constantly texted me all day, asking where I was and what I was doing. He got more and more aggressive in how he was asking and it felt like he just wanted someone he could possess rather than get to know and date. I ended up blocking him but it started getting really worrying after awhile.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Mine is kind of like yours, not really a date. I was working at a drug store and had this dude legit walk up to me and tell me he had been watching me for a while and would love to get to know me. He handed me a CD and a piece of paper and then left. One of my co-workers was making a joke of it but I swear the dude was stalking me. I had never seen him before. The CD was love songs and the paper was a poem. It still freaks me out. I remember I had a friend pick me up from work that day cause I was too afraid to walk home.

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Mine is kind of like yours, not really a date. I was working at a drug store and had this dude legit walk up to me and tell me he had been watching me for a while and would love to get to know me. He handed me a CD and a piece of paper and then left. One of my co-workers was making a joke of it but I swear the dude was stalking me. I had never seen him before. The CD was love songs and the paper was a poem. It still freaks me out. I remember I had a friend pick me up from work that day cause I was too afraid to walk home.
That's really creepy. I would have done the same thing and had someone pick me up. That kind of thing is even scarier when it happens at a job where you have to be there everyday and they know that.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
That's really creepy. I would have done the same thing and had someone pick me up. That kind of thing is even scarier when it happens at a job where you have to be there everyday and they know that.
For real. I told my manager right away and I actually took a few days off work to hopefully make the dude think I quit or something. I never saw him after that. I don't know what his deal was but I did not want to find out. It just put me off completely. Like if you want to approach a woman you are interested in, that is like one of the worst ways to go about it!

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The worst dating story I can remember is pretty simple. I went on a hiking first date with someone I met online and their profile pics must have been from years ago cuz she was like 150 pounds heavier than every picture. I was like:

lilboosiedigust

I felt upset and deceived…she waged my time, she looked nothing like her profile and she knew it. As we started on the hike she was cursing nonstop and it made it 10x worse, every other word is bitch this, nigga that. Finally as we started to incline she started to gas out which was the perfect excuse to turn back. I got in my car:

Driving Car Chase GIF by Den of Thieves

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    My worst experience isn't so much a date but after the date. The days after he constantly texted me all day, asking where I was and what I was doing. He got more and more aggressive in how he was asking and it felt like he just wanted someone he could possess rather than get to know and date. I ended up blocking him but it started getting really worrying after awhile.

Yikes. At least he showed his hand quickly. Those love bombing narcissists are the ones that catch you off guard. They start off sweet, attentive, and compassionate and once they got you their fangs come out and they clamp tight. They bring outthe controlling, manipulative , and abusive side and you get confused because you don’t know which side is really them. You settle with the sweetness being who they really are and accept that they become abusive because you are doing things to upset them. You end up a destructive roller coaster of ups and downs, all a game played by them to control you. Ok I got a bit off track but now you know my worst dating story.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yikes. At least he showed his hand quickly. Those love bombing narcissists are the ones that catch you off guard. They start off sweet, attentive, and compassionate and once they got you their fangs come out and they clamp tight. They bring outthe controlling, manipulative , and abusive side and you get confused because you don’t know which side is really them. You settle with the sweetness being who they really are and accept that they become abusive because you are doing things to upset them. You end up a destructive roller coaster of ups and downs, all a game played by them to control you. Ok I got a bit off track but now you know my worst dating story.
    I’ve definitely been there as a man and dating a narcissist. This post rang so true and it was hard to get out especially since we had a child together. But ultimately I had to prioritize myself and my son’s mental health and I bounced….my life improved so much after.

mjexcited

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    no doubt

One time, I was on a date with a Mexican woman and she kept talking about how proud she was of immigrants and how they are so brave and smart and I asked:

“if they were so smart why couldn’t they make it work in the own country”

***she talks about structural issues that prevented them from succeeding***

“but Black Americans had those same issues here and fought which is why non-whites have rights and are even allowed in the country, if they were brave they would have done the same in their homeland”

***she pauses***

“I don’t think you’re brave if you run from your country, I think you’re a coward”

***she looks flabbergasted***

me: quincyjonescool

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    I went on a date with this one chick I met on a dating site. We chatted for a few months before we met though, and I thought she was perfect for me. Like she enjoyed everything I liked, from the food (or so I thought), to the shows and movies. So I was thinking I found the one, this is it ya know.

After we chatted so much, I finally mentioned we should meet. I'm a little self conscious so it takes me a while to meet someone. But I felt like she was worth it, so I pushed myself to ask to meet her in person. So I did. She agreed pretty much right away and we scheduled to meet a few weeks later.

Well, we talked a lot before the meet, and everything was good. We discussed where we'd meet, and so on. The date was set, and I was ready to meet her. I went to the place we were meeting, and it took her a long time to find me for some reason. I saw a car which I believed to be hers, because the car kept driving around the location, like she had nerves or something. I decided to take her to this awesome restaurant that served this great steak that I could never get enough of. I felt it'd be a fun surprise.

She looks exactly like she did in the photos as well, so no catfish or crazy person here. Well... we started to get the menus to order our food, and it was like a switch flipped. She demanded no food with meat, and said that I will not be eating meat going forward. She made a big fuss about it, that I couldn't eat meat. She told me she's a vegetarian and doesn't eat meat, and if I wanted to "keep this relationship going" I would have to eat like her. This was news to me of course.

As you can guess, my expression at this point
    Eddie Murphy What GIF by Amazon Prime Video
    Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music

I love meat, like damn, I ain't cutting out meat in my life. Hell with that. I tell her this, and explain she never told me she was a vegetarian when we chatted. I even said to her in text multiple times about foods I was eating, and a lot of that included meat, and she never made a fuss about that. Like ever. She blew up on me, saying I wasted her time for bringing her out to eat there, and I yelled back saying she never told me once that she was a vegetarian. I don't think I would have even dated her to begin with if so. I can't take crazy vegetarian who try to make you feel bad for eating meat.

Anyway, I was like, peace oot and left. She texted me later that day called me all kinds of names, calling me the F word, saying I was gay for not wanting her and all this, and that I should change my eating habits. She was gorgeous, but so toxic that it was not worth it. I'd rather move on and find someone else.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I went on a date with this one chick I met on a dating site. We chatted for a few months before we met though, and I thought she was perfect for me. Like she enjoyed everything I liked, from the food (or so I thought), to the shows and movies. So I was thinking I found the one, this is it ya know.

After we chatted so much, I finally mentioned we should meet. I'm a little self conscious so it takes me a while to meet someone. But I felt like she was worth it, so I pushed myself to ask to meet her in person. So I did. She agreed pretty much right away and we scheduled to meet a few weeks later.

Well, we talked a lot before the meet, and everything was good. We discussed where we'd meet, and so on. The date was set, and I was ready to meet her. I went to the place we were meeting, and it took her a long time to find me for some reason. I saw a car which I believed to be hers, because the car kept driving around the location, like she had nerves or something. I decided to take her to this awesome restaurant that served this great steak that I could never get enough of. I felt it'd be a fun surprise.

She looks exactly like she did in the photos as well, so no catfish or crazy person here. Well... we started to get the menus to order our food, and it was like a switch flipped. She demanded no food with meat, and said that I will not be eating meat going forward. She made a big fuss about it, that I couldn't eat meat. She told me she's a vegetarian and doesn't eat meat, and if I wanted to "keep this relationship going" I would have to eat like her. This was news to me of course.

I love meat, like damn, I ain't cutting out meat in my life. Hell with that. I tell her this, and explain she never told me she was a vegetarian when we chatted. I even said to her in text multiple times about foods I was eating, and a lot of that included meat, and she never made a fuss about that. Like ever. She blew up on me, saying I wasted her time for bringing her out to eat there, and I yelled back saying she never told me once that she was a vegetarian. I don't think I would have even dated her to begin with if so. I can't take crazy vegetarian who try to make you feel bad for eating meat.

Anyway, I was like, peace oot and left. She texted me later that day called me all kinds of names, calling me the F word, saying I was gay for not wanting her and all this, and that I should change my eating habits. She was gorgeous, but so toxic that it was not worth it. I'd rather move on and find someone else.
    Oh My God Wow GIF

You dodged a bullet there she was unhinged.

Caprice

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    no doubt

One time, I was on a date with a Mexican woman and she kept talking about how proud she was of immigrants and how they are so brave and smart and I asked:

“but Black Americans had those same issues here and fought which is why non-whites have rights and are even allowed in the country, if they were brave they would have done the same in their homeland”

***she pauses***

“I don’t think you’re brave if you run from your country, I think you’re a coward”

😬😬 Lolol

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    no doubt

***she pauses***

Damn nigga why you go for the jugular like that?

Jball

Registered
    zBucks
    Lol! ok, so once I found a girl on a dating site and her profile with blue eyes, blonde hair with amazing body got all my attention. I eagerly wanted to meet her and we set up a meeting at some cafe. When the evening arrived and she appeared ,she hugged me and sat in front of me. I was moved after seeing her in real and felt I was decieved by the fake pictures she sent me. Anyway, I never attempted to date anyone like that ever after that.

Storm

Sixer
    zBucks
    I have a few weird ones but my funniest one didn't happen to me. I was out with a group a friends and one of the guys in our group was on a date with a new girl. We were all laughing and having a good time and at one point, the new girl excused herself and went to the bathroom. We continued our conversation as normal but when she came back, she looked crazed and pissed off. Our friend asked her what's wrong and she starts screaming at us and accusing us of talking about her while she was gone. She made a big scene and was really uncomfortable to sit through. He obviously never took her out again but we all bring it up from time to time and laugh!

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    no doubt

***she pauses***

Damn nigga I don’t know if that is Hit ‘em Up or Ether level right there.

You know you living an abundance lifestyle when you’re willing to offend your date and jeopardize getting in THOSEEEEEE JEANS.

Lol! ok, so once I found a girl on a dating site and her profile with blue eyes, blonde hair with amazing body got all my attention. I eagerly wanted to meet her and we set up a meeting at some cafe. When the evening arrived and she appeared ,she hugged me and sat in front of me. I was moved after seeing her in real and felt I was decieved by the fake pictures she sent me. Anyway, I never attempted to date anyone like that ever after that.

That’s why you have to video chat with them before going out. You need to FaceTime them randomly and see what they look like without time to prepare.

It can go from mjdatass to eddiemurphyfear very quickly.

I have a few weird ones but my funniest one didn't happen to me. I was out with a group a friends and one of the guys in our group was on a date with a new girl. We were all laughing and having a good time and at one point, the new girl excused herself and went to the bathroom. We continued our conversation as normal but when she came back, she looked crazed and pissed off. Our friend asked her what's wrong and she starts screaming at us and accusing us of talking about her while she was gone. She made a big scene and was really uncomfortable to sit through. He obviously never took her out again but we all bring it up from time to time and laugh!
    Wow she was nuts…she needed to take her pills.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

pamgrierdisgustBitch crazy

D

Deleted member 1946

That's exactly what it sounded like. You saved yourself a lot of stress.

D

Deleted member 1946

Wow. We never can tell who is watching us. We all gotta be careful.