Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you keep your old phones?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Curious. A lot of people I ask say no. I have always kept mine. I would still have my first phone if I hadn't given it to my niece who broke it. I let her play with it and that was that. Other than that one, the only other one I don't have is the one an ex broke. I have all my other ones. Do you keep your old phones?

R'Gos Rho

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Curious. A lot of people I ask say no. I have always kept mine. I would still have my first phone if I hadn't given it to my niece who broke it. I let her play with it and that was that. Other than that one, the only other one I don't have is the one an ex broke. I have all my other ones. Do you keep your old phones?
    Yes, still have my V30, but it’s been relegated to a portable HDD with a screen and Wi-Fi. V60 is still going strong with iPhone 13 Pro Max as the daily driver.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yea I do too, I also had a bad habit of keeping the boxes to things I buy.
    I really wish I held on to my Motorola Brick. I still have a pager around here somewhere. Lol
    The boxes still dignify the products for me. They serve as the products final coffin because once it goes back into the box, it's never coming out easily again.

R'Gos Rho

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    So which phone is your oldest that you have held onto if you have some older phones?

My oldest phone is that LG with the keyboard. It was my second phone. I got it in orange. I used to love that thing.
    Ah yes, the EnVy from Verizon. Had a Green one. Oldest is my Nokia Icon 929 from VZW, decommissioned to a FM radio and digital map and compass from the now dead Here Maps app.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Ah yes, the EnVy from Verizon. Had a Green one. Oldest is my Nokia Icon 929 from VZW, related to a FM radio and digital map from the now dead Here Maps app.
    I think that my Nokia 3310 was the oldest mobile phone I ever used. It wasn't even a smartphone but a Java phone if I remembered correctly. It's the most durable phone I have ever seen.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes, still have my V30, but it’s been relegated to a portable HDD with a screen and Wi-Fi. V60 is still going strong with iPhone 13 Pro Max as the daily driver.
    Did you ever use your V30 and V60 for music listening? The V30, V60 and other LG phones like them are known for their HiFi listening capabilities.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I have my previous, as a backup.

R'Gos Rho

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Did you ever use your V30 and V60 for music listening? The V30, V60 and other LG phones like them are known for their HiFi listening capabilities.
    Mos Def, before the V30 got booted from VZW servers like the Icon, that had a 3.5mm too with Dolby, That DAC is great for long flights man.

Attachments

FBE3EA3F-3839-4BBD-BE05-099EDD56DBAF.jpeg

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    So which phone is your oldest that you have held onto if you have some older phones?

My oldest phone is that LG with the keyboard. It was my second phone. I got it in orange. I used to love that thing.
    How long did you get to use the smartphone before having to change it? I used my Tecno Camon 8 for four years before it died on me 😂.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    iPhones Yes. I turn them into monitors for our camera system.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I really wish I held on to my Motorola Brick. I still have a pager around here somewhere. Lol
    My aunts and GF said my box keeping is becoming a problem, the 2 boxes of old drones should go in my burn barrel.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I have the habit of always keeping my old phone even if it's no longer in a good working condition. Discarding them feeling a bit awkward for me. For the one's that are still in a good working condition, I will never discard them. I might give them out to a close friend who needs it.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    I do phones collection which is basically keeping old devices my partner and I used in the past. It is very important as that reminds us on how far we have gone as people that are in love. Discarding our old phones ain't always the best way to approach things.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    iPhones Yes. I turn them into monitors for our camera system.
    That is something I never considered but that is a solid use! A lot of them do just fine for backups like this. I tend to use my working phones to run apps around the house so I can retain more battery on my main one.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I thought I answered this thread but I guess I didn't? Huh. lol

Anyway, I keep all my phones. I never had a reason to get rid of them, especially if they still powered on and worked. I like to look back at old technology and I want to show my kids someday what I had all those years ago.

Christybabe

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hardly keep old phones, in short,I either sell or give them out. But🤔 I still have my last phone, I guess I'm still keeping that because of lack of what to do with it or simply just an attachment.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hardly keep old phones, in short,I either sell or give them out. But🤔 I still have my last phone, I guess I'm still keeping that because of lack of what to do with it or simply just an attachment.
    It's attachment to the smartphone that's making you not be eager to pass it up. It's the same thing with me for my used phones especially when the phone served me so well. I find it very difficult to let it go.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    It's attachment to the smartphone that's making you not be eager to pass it up. It's the same thing with me for my used phones especially when the phone served me so well. I find it very difficult to let it go.
    Mine's a backup, just in case.

leah.B1

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Lol. I have the same habit. I have to force myself to throw away boxes to things sometimes bc I just want to keep them and maybe store something in it. You never know when you may need to store something in something 🤷🏽‍♀️

When it comes to phone boxes, I keep it for the sentimental value in a way? Its like "wow, all these years ago, I had this!". It shows how fast time changes as well too which is crazy. I'd remember all the stuff I was doing when I had that phone.

zBucks
    I've kept most of my phones over the years. Mainly because I don't want to get rid of them in case I have old photos and texts from family and friends. I don't use any of the old phones I have in storage, but I do like to check them out and see how far we've come since smartphones took over. I remember flip phones, still have a few of the flip phones and I think I even have a blackberry sitting in a box somewhere.

Plus, I worry that tossing some of this, will result in others picking them up and trying to view whats on them. So I'd rather just keep a box full of the phones I had instead of tossing them.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm not sure why I kept all my previous phones, aside from my old Samsung Glide. My Galaxy S2 no longer boots up, I assume it's just got a bad battery in it now. I've tried charging it, but the battery won't charge. My Galaxy S7's battery is bad, since it drains too fast. I made the switch to iPhone with the SE in 2018, I still have that phone but haven't attempted to do anything with it yet. I also have a iPhone 7 that I replaced with my current phone, the iPhone XR last year.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm not sure why I kept all my previous phones, aside from my old Samsung Glide. My Galaxy S2 no longer boots up, I assume it's just got a bad battery in it now. I've tried charging it, but the battery won't charge. My Galaxy S7's battery is bad, since it drains too fast. I made the switch to iPhone with the SE in 2018, I still have that phone but haven't attempted to do anything with it yet. I also have a iPhone 7 that I replaced with my current phone, the iPhone XR last year.
    Yes, I have an I phone 5(?) SE laying around.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    I've kept most of my phones over the years. Mainly because I don't want to get rid of them in case I have old photos and texts from family and friends. I don't use any of the old phones I have in storage, but I do like to check them out and see how far we've come since smartphones took over. I remember flip phones, still have a few of the flip phones and I think I even have a blackberry sitting in a box somewhere.

Plus, I worry that tossing some of this, will result in others picking them up and trying to view whats on them. So I'd rather just keep a box full of the phones I had instead of tossing them.
    Same here!👍🏿👊🏿