The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you think we'll be made to wear masks forever?

zBucks
The pandemic feels like it will never end, especially with the inclusion of the delta variant which has been wrecking more havoc all over the place. It's made me wonder, do you think masks will be required to be worn for the foreseeable future? I could totally see this keeping us in these mask protocols. What do you guys think though? Do you think we'll go back to being able to go maskless? Or do you think the future will be full of forced mask wearing?

csimmons

Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
I’ve been wearing masks from 2006 since I travel to Japan yearly. People there were masks when they feel sick and don’t want to get the people around them sick. If only American’s had some sense to understand this. I think after 2022, some people will adopt wearing masks when they feel they need them.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’ve been wearing masks from 2006 since I travel to Japan yearly. People there were masks when they feel sick and don’t want to get the people around them sick. If only American’s had some sense to understand this. I think after 2022, some people will adopt wearing masks when they feel they need them.
    Yea

Asians been wearing them joints for years. I would always see them masked up at DFW.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    In Japan, anytime you are sick and have to go into a public space, you wear a mask out of common courtesy. I see nothing wrong with this. This is actually the right way to go about using masks. I know people can be sick for a few days before they show symptoms so washing your hands is important. I feel like too many people in the US don't know basic hygiene nor how to use a mask which is why they were forcing it on people. Even then, people still didn't use the masks right. Soon as you touch the outside of the mask, you are covered in germs.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    In Japan, anytime you are sick and have to go into a public space, you wear a mask out of common courtesy. I see nothing wrong with this. This is actually the right way to go about using masks. I know people can be sick for a few days before they show symptoms so washing your hands is important. I feel like too many people in the US don't know basic hygiene nor how to use a mask which is why they were forcing it on people. Even then, people still didn't use the masks right. Soon as you touch the outside of the mask, you are covered in germs.

Very true. I spent some time in Japan and I saw this first hand. It is so engrained in their culture, no one bats an eye

Eventually people are gonna just stop wearing them and stop enforcing it. I see it now. I don’t even worry about wearing one anymore. And nobody even says anything.

All the white neighborhoods in town don’t wear them, you’d think COVID doesn’t exist.

Manta

Registered
    zBucks
    Eventually people are gonna just stop wearing them and stop enforcing it. I see it now. I don’t even worry about wearing one anymore. And nobody even says anything.
    That's pretty much how Florida is right now. No one says anything if you don't wear it and it's not enforced anywhere.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I heard Florida is getting ate up by Covid. They saying DeSantis flopped so hard with it.
    It is spreading but no one is dying from it which is what should be the most important thing. Like I hate when people make it about politics. We should be focused on health and if the death numbers are going down, it is good for everyone.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It is spreading but no one is dying from it which is what should be the most important thing. Like I hate when people make it about politics. We should be focused on health and if the death numbers are going down, it is good for everyone.

Yes! A lot of people using it as a way to get at Trump and it's like yoooo...I thought this was a deadly virus, lets focus on that instead of trying to bash people.

D

Deleted member 1946

Yes! A lot of people using it as a way to get at Trump and it's like yoooo...I thought this was a deadly virus, lets focus on that instead of trying to bash people.
    Donald Trump did try to tell people some of the things that the MSM didn't want exposed. The next election will be very interesting between Biden/Trump or whoever else the controllers want to go up against each other.