The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you trust your local churches?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I know not everyone here attends or believes, I can understand that. I think we can all see the value in a strong church being in a neighborhood though. Back in the day, it was about supporting the community. Making sure the kids were taken care of. Giving where it is needed through donations (money, food, clothing, etc.). These days, it seems like the pastors are the ones who make out good and there is not that much support to go around. I have tried a few different churches in my area - black churches (owned and run), mixed churches, and even ones in whiter areas (I was among maybe 6 or 7 black folks in attendance). I don't feel any connection. It doesn't feel like a community but rather a means to make people feel better for showing up and donating. Maybe that is just me. Maybe my area and the churches I have gone to just haven't been any good.

Do you trust your local churches? Do you have a church you can go to and know you are part of a community and a system that supports your area through faith, love, and charity?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most of the churches in my area are gone, once gentrification went full white all of the Black churches were bought up and demolished.
    For me, I've never trusted or liked any of the black churches I was forced to go to when I was younger, everything evolved around money and fashion. Every black preacher looked like a pimp and the politics in the church played out like soap operas.
    They never did anything to empower their neighborhoods all they did was take. Passing the collection plate around 3 to 4 times was Fn ridiculous.
    No, I've never trusted a church, religion or anything dealing with worshiping man made idols.

Last edited:

The_Nsurgent

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know not everyone here attends or believes, I can understand that. I think we can all see the value in a strong church being in a neighborhood though. Back in the day, it was about supporting the community. Making sure the kids were taken care of. Giving where it is needed through donations (money, food, clothing, etc.). These days, it seems like the pastors are the ones who make out good and there is not that much support to go around. I have tried a few different churches in my area - black churches (owned and run), mixed churches, and even ones in whiter areas (I was among maybe 6 or 7 black folks in attendance). I don't feel any connection. It doesn't feel like a community but rather a means to make people feel better for showing up and donating. Maybe that is just me. Maybe my area and the churches I have gone to just haven't been any good.

Do you trust your local churches? Do you have a church you can go to and know you are part of a community and a system that supports your area through faith, love, and charity?
    Short answer: No.
    The vast majority of churches are flat-out wrong in their contextual understanding and teaching of what the bible says. Everything must be filtered through what Christ said and did. Christ gave the doctrine, the apostles structured the church. These churches today doing their own thing and will answer for their involvement in the foolery.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Short answer: No.
    The vast majority of churches are flat-out wrong in their contextual understanding and teaching of what the bible says. Everything must be filtered through what Christ said and did. Christ gave the doctrine, the apostles structured the church. These churches today doing their own thing and will answer for their involvement in the foolery.
    The issue is living like Christ is difficult and contradictory to everything that America is. We are told to live a life of gluttony here while Jesus wanted us to have just enough. Any Preacher that followed the word of Jesus wouldn’t have a plane and luxury vehicles, they would be using the tithes to enrich everyone else and to a lot of Preachers that’s unacceptable.

The_Nsurgent

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The issue is living like Christ is difficult and contradictory to everything that America is. We are told to live a life of gluttony here while Jesus wanted us to have just enough. Any Preacher that followed the word of Jesus wouldn’t have a plane and luxury vehicles, they would be using the tithes to enrich everyone else and to a lot of Preachers that’s unacceptable.
    That's why the country is on the downfall, Revelation 18 is the Judgement of this land

Adrian Walkes

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Most of the churches in my area are gone, once gentrification went full white all of the Black churches were bought up and demolished.
    For me, I've never trusted or liked any of the black churches I was forced to go to when I was younger, everything evolved around money and fashion. Every black preacher looked like a pimp and the politics in the church played out like soap operas.
    They never did anything to empower their neighborhoods all they did was take. Passing the collection plate around 3 to 4 times was Fn ridiculous.
    No, I've never trusted a church, religion or anything dealing with worshiping man made idols.
    You are absolutely correct, you stated some hard but true facts.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    I‘m seeing a crop of newer youth churches with the fancy logos and cool names like “Rising” and “New Day”. The traditional church especially Black churches are on life support.

The_Nsurgent

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I‘m seeing a crop of newer youth churches with the fancy logos and cool names like “Rising” and “New Day”. The traditional church especially Black churches are on life support.
    I see that too but these youngster trying to twist the spiritual environment to fit them and I've seen old heads try to "evolve" themselves to attract young people, especially young black men. Bible says "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein." - Hebrews 13:8,9

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is what has put me off in more ways than one. There is nothing wrong with having a nice home but these church leaders are walking around living a life WELL BEYOND their means. Some of them have several houses, boats, cars, and live in a state of contact luxury while the people who attend their churches struggle to put food on the table. It just doesn't sit right with me. Making this kind of money off of God... These people aren't prophets, they are profits.

zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not at all. And this is coming from someone married to an ordained minister and church organist. I have seen my husband mistreated and coldly used by too many churches to count. I have also seen how little they do or care about the Black community. Many won't give $1 to a homeless member of the church and would sooner spit in their face. Most of this churches are full of old bitter do nothing's who are selfish as hell (while claiming to serve God faithfully) and have never had to struggle which breeds contempt for people who have or do especially their own people. My husband has been a member of a church (and it's organist) here in Detroit for five years and they refuse to even get him to church on Sunday knowing he's blind and we don't have a car. They refuse to give him a raise (they are cheap) and if we ever need anything can't get it from anyone there even though they're all well off. The pastor is bitter with a terrible attitude (who's been married four times but is constantly taking bad about me to my husband) and goes back in forth to Las Vegas on the regular and no body says nothing. Again, these people have money and you cannot depend on them in emergency situations. Make a long story short, many of these churches are so nothing's and should be closed down.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Seriously.
    I see that too but these youngster trying to twist the spiritual environment to fit them and I've seen old heads try to "evolve" themselves to attract young people, especially young black men. Bible says "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein." - Hebrews 13:8,9
    I think they have to twist it or else it dies. MLK called out the church and made it clear that it was to be nothing more than a social club if it didn't adjust and that's what happened. It ended up losing all relevance and now we are seeing a rebranding on the same ol' thing. The pastor standing on stage with The Air Jordan Fusion 5's, Jeans, and a flannel trying to be hip. I went to one of those churches and once you get over the lipstick you find out its the same ol' pig. You just tithe on an app.
    Not at all. And this is coming from someone married to an ordained minister and church organist. I have seen my husband mistreated and coldly used by too many churches to count. I have also seen how little they do or care about the Black community. Many won't give $1 to a homeless member of the church and would sooner spit in their face. Most of this churches are full of old bitter do nothing's who are selfish as hell (while claiming to serve God faithfully) and have never had to struggle which breeds contempt for people who have or do especially their own people. My husband has been a member of a church (and it's organist) here in Detroit for five years and they refuse to even get him to church on Sunday knowing he's blind and we don't have a car. They refuse to give him a raise (they are cheap) and if we ever need anything can't get it from anyone there even though they're all well off. The pastor is bitter with a terrible attitude (who's been married four times but is constantly taking bad about me to my husband) and goes back in forth to Las Vegas on the regular and no body says nothing. Again, these people have money and you cannot depend on them in emergency situations. Make a long story short, many of these churches are so nothing's and should be closed down.
    So why TF is your husband still going to that church? The pastor is clearly not in the wrong if people keep coming back. Sounds like the people like what's going on.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have heard of churches like this. They basically pocket money from people and do nothing for the community. Like absolutely nothing and they will silence anyone who is trying to actually spread the word of God and do as Jesus did (giving, supporting, etc.) so I have to agree with this. These types of churches need to be shut down. Too many people support them though and think they are doing some sort of good. The younger generations need to step up and open their own and be an example to cripple and weed out these faux churches.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Seriously.

I think they have to twist it or else it dies. MLK called out the church and made it clear that it was to be nothing more than a social club if it didn't adjust and that's what happened. It ended up losing all relevance and now we are seeing a rebranding on the same ol' thing. The pastor standing on stage with The Air Jordan Fusion 5's, Jeans, and a flannel trying to be hip. I went to one of those churches and once you get over the lipstick you find out its the same ol' pig. You just tithe on an app.

So why TF is your husband still going to that church? The pastor is clearly not in the wrong if people keep coming back. Sounds like the people like what's going on.
    Yep you gotta watch a lot of these new young and hip black churches too. A lot of them are ran by blipsters (black hipsters) and are funded by white / other interests. They take money from monied white / other interests and will also help put whites / others on. I have seen and been to a church like that with young black pastors who also seem to be pro-black and while I thought some aspects were cool, I just could not help but notice that they have a large white and POC church audience too and I think even some young white pastors in the mix.

One funny thing a young black pastor there wondered was why he never had holy ghosts in his church and wanted so bad to have people get holy ghosts. I assume it's due to the lack of black people there as well as the lack of ability by the white and blipster pastors to get that kind of response. Say what you want about these black churches and their flaws, but they have soul and know how to do that.

Why do people keep coming back to these unfriendly black churches you ask? Well nirds of a feather flock together and they click in cliques, so of course they'll keep coming back to their social club. The husband is like a dove going into a church and being surrounded by a bunch of crows.
    I have heard of churches like this. They basically pocket money from people and do nothing for the community. Like absolutely nothing and they will silence anyone who is trying to actually spread the word of God and do as Jesus did (giving, supporting, etc.) so I have to agree with this. These types of churches need to be shut down. Too many people support them though and think they are doing some sort of good. The younger generations need to step up and open their own and be an example to cripple and weed out these faux churches.
    Those are the same people TBA was recently talking about on his "Can old niggas be trusted" broadcast. I always low-key hated going to church and being around these religious church types. Still makes me wonder if it was because I was a devilish heathen the whole time or something.

I hate how they treat people who they feel don't come to church enough or are non-members. The elitism, self-righteousness, narcissism, hypocrisy, judgment, and arrogance are off the damn chain. Black churches are like gatekeeping asshole hipster circles with soul.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    No, I stopped long ago. Back in the day, church was for the community. You didn't have to be a member to receive help. Food, rent, electricity, whatever.
    Now, it's all a gimmick to me. Some pastors have a wife, side chicks & bastard children. I know this first hand, that's why I quit. The pastor is still a pimp, but pushing the holier-than-thou bs!
    Every pastor has a mega church now, I can't.
    Why would I give you my money for your shenanigans? Mansions, cars, clothes, side chick's & their kids. I THINK NOT! 💯✌🏽

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Those are the same people TBA was recently talking about on his "Can old niggas be trusted" broadcast. I always low-key hated going to church and being around these religious church types. Still makes me wonder if it was because I was a devilish heathen the whole time or something.

I hate how they treat people who they feel don't come to church enough or are non-members. The elitism, self-righteousness, narcissism, hypocrisy, judgment, and arrogance are off the damn chain. Black churches are like gatekeeping asshole hipster circles with soul.
    For sure, they are all about judgment. Last I checked, only God can judge me. I think churches as a whole in America have been infiltrated. As I said, I have been to all different sorts and they all give me the same vibes.

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hell NO!

I trust public bathrooms before I trust a church.
    Meme GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

Mr. Chris

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think I replied to this previously. NOT after seeing the pastor's wife & the side chick in the congregation at the same! 💯
    While the Pastor tells them men in the church to "keep it in your pants", he is the one doing the exact opposite and has no qualms being a hypocrite about it. These pastor pimps can miss me on their "faith" foolishness.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    While the Pastor tells them men in the church to "keep it in your pants", he is the one doing the exact opposite and has no qualms being a hypocrite about it. These pastor pimps can miss me on their "faith" foolishness.
    Myself as well. I'm also thinking there's more than one side chick. Four of the toddlers in the congregation had the same facial features as the pastor, but I digress. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is an excellent question, and I see that there are a variety of opinions here in this thread. I'll start out by mentioning that I live in a small rural area in Tennessee, there is nearly a church on every block, many people refer to my location as "church nation." In my personal opinion, I trust smaller churches more than I do mega-churches. My reasoning is that smaller churches are grateful for the members that attend, whereas mega-churches may get sidetracked and focus on the money that can be received by their members. Personally, I attend a small Pentecostal church, our pastor just turned 72 years old and still drives and ministers all over the country nearly every day of the week; our pastor is very faithful to his ministry and is always available for his members and even those who don't attend his church. In conclusion, many people have different views on churches, some may trust and some may not, no matter what you decide your opinion matters. As a Christian, I love everyone, I do not treat with hate nor disrespect, but I constantly question whether my actions are considered Christlike.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Spending the donations, smashing the wives, and doing the most.