Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Does anyone have one of those micro PCs?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Curious about how they run. They don't use graphics cards. Right now, I have a pretty big tower. I like it but I would love to downsize if possible. Or at least have a secondary option for a workspace that isn't so cluttered. Does anyone have any experience using one of these?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Curious about how they run. They don't use graphics cards. Right now, I have a pretty big tower. I like it but I would love to downsize if possible. Or at least have a secondary option for a workspace that isn't so cluttered. Does anyone have any experience using one of these?
    What are you looking to do with it? It may work out if onboard graphics and audio are sufficient. But what’s the use case?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most Micro PCs have an onboard graphics card/chip. And the one's i've seen so far run pretty good or damn near on par with a tower. But if you are PC gamer, graphic design, or Full time video editor and you are looking for something top end; then a mini pc wouldn't be the best choice. But if you are looking for something for office work or something that can handle day by day operations with little going in to tweak or modify or if you are looking for more space to avoid clutter, then a micro pc would work.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most Micro PCs have an onboard graphics card/chip. And the one's i've seen so far run pretty good or damn near on par with a tower. But if you are PC gamer, graphic design, or Full time video editor and you are looking for something top end; then a mini pc wouldn't be the best choice. But if you are looking for something for office work or something that can handle day by day operations with little going in to tweak or modify or if you are looking for more space to avoid clutter, then a micro pc would work.
    They need to start measuring computer performance based on # of chrome tabs you can have open without degradation. Windows based Micro PCs are good for about 6-8 chrome tabs on average. If you get a Mac micro PC results show skew slightly higher.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They need to start measuring computer performance based on # of chrome tabs you can have open without degradation. Windows based Micro PCs are good for about 6-8 chrome tabs on average. If you get a Mac micro PC results show skew slightly higher.
    And I was going to say that too. Most Mac Minis i've seen much better performance (slightly), and more reliability than that of their PC counterparts. But to consider is that most people 90% are PC heads and handing a mac would be new territories. But I have a mac book and a mini PC and honestly i've been getting constant blue screens and harsh loading times with my mini PC almost to the point I had to go in and take a look at it. But negatives aside the Mini PCs are pretty decent if you don't over work them.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want to use it as a secondary PC for general use. I will still keep my tower for gaming but I want to be able to have a more clean, organized work environment for my home office since I will be working part-time from home in the near future.
    Oh okay, So if its just for general and for a secondary PC then you can't go wrong with a Mini. Lenovo's are good, and I hear Dell makes decent ones. If you look around you can also find company who would build a mini pc for you to suit your needs.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    And I was going to say that too. Most Mac Minis i've seen much better performance (slightly), and more reliability than that of their PC counterparts. But to consider is that most people 90% are PC heads and handing a mac would be new territories. But I have a mac book and a mini PC and honestly i've been getting constant blue screens and harsh loading times with my mini PC almost to the point I had to go in and take a look at it. But negatives aside the Mini PCs are pretty decent if you don't over work them.
    Yeah and with the new M1 processors the Mac Minis are blazing fast. I think my next computer will be one of those.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh okay, So if its just for general and for a secondary PC then you can't go wrong with a Mini. Lenovo's are good, and I hear Dell makes decent ones. If you look around you can also find company who would build a mini pc for you to suit your needs.
    I'll check in to these, thanks. What price range would you recommend? Like I see they go for as little as $250 but those can't be very good. Maybe something around $500?

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'll check in to these, thanks. What price range would you recommend? Like I see they go for as little as $250 but those can't be very good. Maybe something around $500?
    Most mini ITX based would run something more around 1,000 depending cause as i mentioned some sites you can acutally build your own Mini PC to your liking....NZNT.com is one. You can look on Amazon, Newegg, or even Tigerdirect or techbargins to find deals. But if you are looking for a Mini MINI pc then amazon or Newegg would be your best bet and some run for as little as $200, but something high end minis would cost a bit more.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Mac Mini for $529.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Most mini ITX based would run something more around 1,000 depending cause as i mentioned some sites you can acutally build your own Mini PC to your liking....NZNT.com is one. You can look on Amazon, Newegg, or even Tigerdirect or techbargins to find deals. But if you are looking for a Mini MINI pc then amazon or Newegg would be your best bet and some run for as little as $200, but something high end minis would cost a bit more.
    Can’t go wrong with newegg.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah I am looking on Amazon since I have Prime. I was considering Newegg but I feel safer doing Amazon cause I know if something gets messed up, my Prime membership will get the issue fixed. I am always a bit iffy about buying anything over $200 online for this reason. Delivery people can be a mess and just throw your stuff at the door. Had it happen once. I yelled at the dude out my window LOL

OgunFist

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    if you really want to go portable and still play some AAA games look into the Steam Deck Steam Deck™

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I assume you are referring to the extremely small PCs? If those are the ones you are referring to, I don't have one for personal usage. However, my workplace supplies us with computers and they are small square computers, and they seem to work really well. I'm honestly surprised how effective these small PCs are.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah I am looking on Amazon since I have Prime. I was considering Newegg but I feel safer doing Amazon cause I know if something gets messed up, my Prime membership will get the issue fixed. I am always a bit iffy about buying anything over $200 online for this reason. Delivery people can be a mess and just throw your stuff at the door. Had it happen once. I yelled at the dude out my window LOL
    Yeah I was worried about amazon too when i got my MacBook but normally so far they are good with electronics (Sometimes....and depends on the courier who brings it!). And worse case scenario you can always get a replacement or refund with amazon. Newegg has a somewhat similar policy (Keyword: Somewhat).

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah I was worried about amazon too when i got my MacBook but normally so far they are good with electronics (Sometimes....and depends on the courier who brings it!). And worse case scenario you can always get a replacement or refund with amazon. Newegg has a somewhat similar policy (Keyword: Somewhat).
    I know for sure I won't buy anything online from Bestbuy. I got a monitor from them online and when I got it set up and turned it on, the dang screen was BUSTED. I was so mad.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I know for sure I won't buy anything online from Bestbuy. I got a monitor from them online and when I got it set up and turned it on, the dang screen was BUSTED. I was so mad.
    When it comes to best buy, I usually go to their store to get it. I normally don't have them send it to me unless its a video game or otherwise.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When it comes to best buy, I usually go to their store to get it. I normally don't have them send it to me unless its a video game or otherwise.
    They’re shady too. They make you think the item is in store and then during check out you find it has to be shipped. I only go in now.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Woah, that's insane. It's something that's going to leave you completely disappointed and it's going to ruin everything you had planned out. I guess you had it returned or there was no return policy for their services?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Woah, that's insane. It's something that's going to leave you completely disappointed and it's going to ruin everything you had planned out. I guess you had it returned or there was no return policy for their services?
    I called the local store and told them what happened. They happened to have one in stock so I drove to the store and they swapped it for me. So at least the issue was fixed. Had to get it the next day though cause I had to work that evening.

bomb

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    Well, i would say, if you are into gaming, you wouldn't wish to go for a smaller PC. The smaller it gets the less powerful it becomes. Yes, there are small but powerful PCs, but they will not withstand the heat. Especially from the latest games. You better have an even bigger PC for gaming and heavy-duty stuff, and a smaller laptop or PC for productive stuff or portability.

Travis

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Other
    Origin
    USA
    Am not sure there is one that lack a graphics card. Plus, if there's one, then they are definitely not meant for gaming or any high octane stuff. The gaming apps today are guzzlers! They require heavy horsepower! Haven't used a smaller PC myself. But i guess they are an equivalent of a standard laptop. Just meant for office and less intensive stuff.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well, i would say, if you are into gaming, you wouldn't wish to go for a smaller PC. The smaller it gets the less powerful it becomes. Yes, there are small but powerful PCs, but they will not withstand the heat. Especially from the latest games. You better have an even bigger PC for gaming and heavy-duty stuff, and a smaller laptop or PC for productive stuff or portability.
    Yeah this is a fair point but I will keep my gaming PC. I just want my office space to be cleaner. Less wires and more space. I want to get a bigger monitor and mount it to the wall and then do a slide-out keyboard under my desk as well.