The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Does spending time apart really make relationships stronger?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Curious what you all think.

I always heard that distance and time spent apart makes the heart grow fonder and all that, but is this actually true?

Based on your own personal experiences, what would you say? Does spending time apart from your partner make you feel stronger love for them?

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Hell no. I need my fix a couple times a week. If I don’t get it after a month I start getting wandering eyes. The wander eyes turn to fantasies at about month 2 or 3 and after that the fantasies turn to action. Life is too short IMO. A small separation like a week may give you perspective on how life is without them and then highlight the role they play in your life. But distance is not healthy. ThATS why cats in the military have that same story about getting cheated on.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Hell no. I need my fix a couple times a week. If I don’t get it after a month I start getting wandering eyes. The wander eyes turn to fantasies at about month 2 or 3 and after that the fantasies turn to action. Life is too short IMO. A small separation like a week may give you perspective on how life is without them and then highlight the role they play in your life. But distance is not healthy. ThATS why cats in the military have that same story about getting cheated on.
    My husband works 14 hours a day & I be FEENIN' like Jodeci!
    All these Dr & PT appointments keep me busy, but I'm counting hours from the time he leaves & he's the one working! 🤷🏽‍♀️❤️

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    It's only those that are living a lie that would tell you that they need distance and time apart from their partner in order to feel their bond is stronger. This is an absolute nonsense. I can't stay away from my loved one's for more than a week because I'd feel depressed with them. They are part of my life and for a single moment I'm without them, I feel horrible.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    It's only those that are living a lie that would tell you that they need distance and time apart from their partner in order to feel their bond is stronger. This is an absolute nonsense. I can't stay away from my loved one's for more than a week because I'd feel depressed with them. They are part of my life and for a single moment I'm without them, I feel horrible.
    My husband works 14 hours per day. I'm bored & miserable until he returns! I've gotta invent things to do around the house.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    How did you two meet? When you first met was he working that many hours?
    We met on FB, but I had premonitions of him long before. Like we've been together for millions of years, in different times & dimensions, so I recognized him immediately.
    He owns his own business, but does private security also.
    Yes, a business owner is always working, when not asleep.
    He's teaching me real estate, so I can assist him with his business.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Back when my wife and I first started dating, she ended up visiting relatives out of state and I didn't get to see her for a week. Granted I was 19 at the time, and we had been seeing each other almost every day and man that week dragged on and I was depressed! When she got back home, she immediately came over to my house and we chilled for hours. Now whenever we're apart for a bit, it does seem that our relationship gets stronger when we're back together. That's just my experience tho, I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Tati 304

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We met on FB, but I had premonitions of him long before. Like we've been together for millions of years, in different times & dimensions, so I recognized him immediately.
    He owns his own business, but does private security also.
    Yes, a business owner is always working, when not asleep.
    He's teaching me real estate, so I can assist him with his business.
    Was everything as he stated it was when you met? Dating online has always scared me. Also

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    In some cases it does, I have noticed that more value is given to certain things when they are not readily available, so giving your spouse some time Maybe a week apart not because you are having issues but intentionally depriving them of your presence for a few days would make them more eager to see you and that increases value in some cases.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    Leaving my family would be the last thing I would ever do in my life unless there's no other option left for me to choose from. There's no way staying apart from them would be a way for me to know that I love them. It's something that I have already known being with them and I know very well that I can't live without them.