The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Don’t you hate when coworkers email you and CC your boss too?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is something so frustrating to me, it’s the biggest bitch move in the world. I understand if they’ve tried to communicate to you a few times and you‘ve brushed them off or you’re lagging in deliverables but on the first notification, it’s BS. I didn’t attach a technical item to a document and this person instead of coming to me to rectify, airs me out with a Director and my boss CC’d…I’m like…yo you couldn’t reach out to me to resolve first? I’m a great worker but this place I’m at has a culture of people CC’ing your superiors all the time…it’s annoying. I hate that I have to think this but I wonder if it’s because I’m one of 2 Black people in the whole company. CC’ing my boss is their version of calling the cops on me when they want me to be corrected. There’s a white dude from Texas that does it non-stop to me for no reason…always quick to escalate on me even if it’s been 20 minutes…shit is crazy.

Invincible1914

Sixer
    Tither
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Yeah that aggravates me to no end. I hate feeling like I have extra eyes on me just because I'm black too
    People know what they are doing. They are making themselves the indispensable employee and you the dependable one. Not trying to throw a racial element on this board, but these are “white” people tactics.

Not saying there aren’t “black” people tactics, but I know what people do. I know when this happens you’re being setup to be the person thrown under the bus if anything goes wrong.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah that aggravates me to no end. I hate feeling like I have extra eyes on me just because I'm black too

Yeah and then when you bring it up you start being gaslighted as if you’re just the looney one.

People know what they are doing. They are making themselves the indispensable employee and you the dependable one. Not trying to throw a racial element on this board, but these are “white” people tactics.

Not saying there aren’t “black” people tactics, but I know what people do. I know when this happens you’re being setup to be the person thrown under the bus if anything goes wrong.
    Yup that’s exactly what they are trying to do. I was pissed AF last night but ima just fix it and keep it pushing. I just know how to play this particular person going forward. I’ma be all the way by the book.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Yup that’s exactly what they are trying to do. I was pissed AF last night but ima just fix it and keep it pushing. I just know how to play this particular person going forward. I’ma be all the way by the book.
    Going by the book in this instance will probably be the best way moving forward. I hear you though, this type of thing is infuriating. Hoping it all went well.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I had this happen once. Where someone I worked with had some issue with me and instead of approaching me one on one and solving the problem, I got an e-mail with my boss being included. That is so damn petty and childish. Like you are meant to be a grown-ass woman and you can't even solve an issue without getting the boss involved!?

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have this problem with the night crew at my work. Any time we make mistakes on day shift, night shift CC my boss. Yet any time we bring up stuff that night shift messed up, the night crew managers just brush it off. Just send me a email first, then get the boss involved if he really needs to be.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have this problem with the night crew at my work. Any time we make mistakes on day shift, night shift CC my boss. Yet any time we bring up stuff that night shift messed up, the night crew managers just brush it off. Just send me a email first, then get the boss involved if he really needs to be.
    The boss should be shutting that shit down. If you come to me about my guys and you haven’t stepped to them directly I immediately see you as a two-timing snake.