Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Dune 2021

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This is not something I will probably watch anytime soon. It looks interesting but I don't tend to watch movies like this anymore. If I am going to watch a movie, it really has to interest me. I am more into TV series these days. Maybe that is just me. That is not to say the movie isn't good, I am sure it is. Just not something I will go out of my way to watch.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I need to check this out, it looks super interesting. Is a thinker's movie? I like movies that make me think.
    not really a thinkers movie, it's a lot like Star wars in the sense that it's political in nature. I like the artistic aspect of the movie, looks very good. decent action as well.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    not really a thinkers movie, it's a lot like Star wars in the sense that it's political in nature. I like the artistic aspect of the movie, looks very good. decent action as well.
    Ok I need to watch this over the weekend...sounds like my kind of joint.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    A few friends did see this and they said it was too slow and it was almost like they were watching a series that was finally about to get good when the movie ended. This is what happens when they try to make as much money as possible from movies. They want it to be an on-going thing, probably a trilogy or more. Gotta milk that cow!

psyop777

Registered
    Tither
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Notice how Javier Bardem is announced as "the leader has a knife he will not surrender", he walks directly up to Leto Artraides ignoring commands to stop but no weapon is drawn against him, you hear swords drawn but no sword is visibly drawn.

Literally the next full scene is of a Black woman A FREAKIN DOCTOR ASSIGNED TO HELP THEM with life saving Fremen suits, she can't be standing on the tarmac without having been vetted ... she is thanked by Paul, takes two steps and has 3 swords at her neck!

You as black people cannot afford to take in these visuals and be like..ooh well or she shoulda this and that. You are being told visually in movies where your standing is in real life.

Don't get me started on the black man, a military general, walking around with a Wagasa. Not to mention he "didn't do his job properly" in securing the base.

Take notice of the people who are bowing and saying "My Lord"

Both black characters were stabbed in the back, kinda like John Boyega in Star Wars.

I found this article about the "Parasol" Stephen McKinley Henderson uses in Dune

"When it came to playing Thufir in the film and spouting off a lot of sci-fi jargon, Henderson focused on the character’s empathy, as seen when he offers up his resignation following a failed assassination attempt on Paul. That’s where the parasol came in: while shooting in Budapest on a hot day, Henderson was offered a parasol by someone to protect him while he was sitting down. When Villeneuve took notice, they quickly agreed that Thufir would have a parasol. “It was just one of those spontaneous things...it’s something that someone not human would be attracted to. I just think it’s the desire to really be a part of these wonderful people as the alien that he is,” Henderson said, adding that a parasol is rather “civilized” for his character to have. “It just says so much about where he is at the time and that he’s taking care of himself. He was a young man once.”

We CANNOT be this blind when it comes to these people. "SOMEONE" just happen to have a PARASOL on set, not like parasols were used in the movie they just happen to have one that they OFFERED. Villeneuve "took notice"... Let me rewrite that...these demons sat around looking for ways to embarrass and denigrate the blacks in dune so they "concocted" a plan to make it seem like the Parasol (Used by wealthy females during late 1st millennia BC as a fashion accessory) "someone" offered him on set would be a good fit for the character in the movie!

"...it’s something that someone not human would be attracted to" ... I just can't with these miscreants.

I understand wanting a check, I get it, but at some point you gotta be like HELL NAW.

Don't let these people play you!!!!!!

Last edited: