The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Elon Wants to charge $20 a month for verified badge on Twatter

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks

More Elon news, as he's considering charging people $20 a month in order to have the verified badge on Twitter. I figured the guy was going to attempt to cash in on his purchase, but I don't see this going over, because the point of the verified badge is to prove you're the person behind the account. Seems kinda dumb to charge for people to do that. Maybe a one time fee I could see being acceptable, but $20 a month? Expect people to drop from twitter if it happens.

Is anyone here verified on twitter? I heard it's not easy to get verified even with all the proof you need to send. Also the funny thing is, being verified has nothing to do with being famous. Anyone can technically get verified, they just need to provide proof of person or whatever. I haven't done it myself, but I did consider it years ago when I did use Twitter often.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
Super Moderator
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
but I don't see this going over, because the point of the verified badge is to prove you're the person behind the account.
Elon has mentioned a few times about verifying accounts run by humans and accounts run by bots/AI/programs. Baby steps to a digital ID for social media is all this screams to me.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It is $8 now

At this point though, I don't see him fixing the problems that platform has. There is no fixing it. You can't have that many people from different worldviews getting along without problems. The people who ran Twitter for the last 6 or so years have been hand holding the government behind our backs. I hope the social platform goes bust and dies. The world would be better off.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It is $8 now

At this point though, I don't see him fixing the problems that platform has. There is no fixing it. You can't have that many people from different worldviews getting along without problems. The people who ran Twitter for the last 6 or so years have been hand holding the government behind our backs. I hope the social platform goes bust and dies. The world would be better off.
    This is why forcing everyone into a "melting pot" for the sake of "diversity" and optics is never going to work. Multiculturalism fails not just because of the oppressor class refusing to get along with others, but because of the high probability of conflict between people and cultural incompatibility. There's a reason why the much of the land on Earth has been separated and why God warned us to not mix with other nations.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is why forcing everyone into a "melting pot" for the sake of "diversity" and optics is never going to work. Multiculturalism fails not just because of the oppressor class refusing to get along with others, but because of the high probability of conflict between people and cultural incompatibility. There's a reason why the much of the land on Earth has been separated and why God warned us to not mix with other nations.
    It makes sense. This is why cities are the way they are in America. This is why giant social platforms don't function.

When you look at areas that are mostly "this" or "that" and most people share the same ideas and worldviews, people solve problems and keep peace. We are able to discuss things without someone getting violent or emotional.

This forum reflects that perfectly.

MoMoneyRiUp

Designing an Afrocentric lifestyle
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

More Elon news, as he's considering charging people $20 a month in order to have the verified badge on Twitter. I figured the guy was going to attempt to cash in on his purchase, but I don't see this going over, because the point of the verified badge is to prove you're the person behind the account. Seems kinda dumb to charge for people to do that. Maybe a one time fee I could see being acceptable, but $20 a month? Expect people to drop from twitter if it happens.

Is anyone here verified on twitter? I heard it's not easy to get verified even with all the proof you need to send. Also the funny thing is, being verified has nothing to do with being famous. Anyone can technically get verified, they just need to provide proof of person or whatever. I haven't done it myself, but I did consider it years ago when I did use Twitter often.
    He’ll likely not charge celebrities.