The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Ever date a friend's family member?

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Have you ever tried to date a friends brother, sister, or other relative? I was really into my friends sister back in high school, but I never dared to try to ask her out, especially with my friend being around, as he was always annoyed when friends talked about her. I was really into her though, but never attempted to make a move.

Would you though if you really were into her? Or would you be a good friend and leave it be?

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Back in high school, I had a few homies that had some bad ass sisters, they didn't trip at all. It didn't last long, trying to split time with your homeboy and his sister was a problem sometimes, i don't think i could swing it nowadays being older.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The closest I came to this was dating my friend's boyfriend's cousin. I ended up dating one of the other cousins as well. They weren't close which is why there wasn't an issue... At first anyway. The second one actually had issues with everything and liked to throw the past in my face. So I ended that one real quick. I cut ties with all of them after a while. I didn't want any of the drama.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Back in high school, I had a few homies that had some bad ass sisters, they didn't trip at all. It didn't last long, trying to split time with your homeboy and his sister was a problem sometimes, i don't think i could swing it nowadays being older.
    Yeah I felt like that would have been an outcome for me as well, plus my friend hated on anyone who tried to go out with her, so I wasn't going to risk it. Also, he was the type to fight his friends for trying, and dude could go. No chance I was taking a beating for what probably wouldn't last anyway.

The closest I came to this was dating my friend's boyfriend's cousin. I ended up dating one of the other cousins as well. They weren't close which is why there wasn't an issue... At first anyway. The second one actually had issues with everything and liked to throw the past in my face. So I ended that one real quick. I cut ties with all of them after a while. I didn't want any of the drama.

Damn. Yeah I couldn't date someone who was related to an ex myself. I bet it would have went down much like what happened to you.