The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Ever had to have a surgery? Small or serious.

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Whether it be serious or for plastic surgery, have you ever had to get surgery done for any reason.

For me I didn't have to have anything too serious done. I had to get a tube put in my ear when I was a kid, as I used to get a lot of ear infections. I honestly don't remember what the purpose of it was.

But, fairly recently I had to get an abscess taken out. Which is why I think this idea for this topic came up. Anyway I don't think it qualifies as surgery, but they had to cut into it to release the blood that was in there. They didn't notice puss, so they said that was good.

Other than that, that was really it for me. Have you ever had to get surgery done? What kind of surgery was it?

leah.B1

Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
Africa
Whether it be serious or for plastic surgery, have you ever had to get surgery done for any reason.

For me I didn't have to have anything too serious done. I had to get a tube put in my ear when I was a kid, as I used to get a lot of ear infections. I honestly don't remember what the purpose of it was.

But, fairly recently I had to get an abscess taken out. Which is why I think this idea for this topic came up. Anyway I don't think it qualifies as surgery, but they had to cut into it to release the blood that was in there. They didn't notice puss, so they said that was good.

Other than that, that was really it for me. Have you ever had to get surgery done? What kind of surgery was it?
Yikes! I haven't had an abscess thankfully and hopefully never will but I have heard about them. Glad you got through it though!

When I was getting braces years ago, I had to get 4 teeth pulled due to overcrowding in my mouth. It wasn't a huge surgery but I still count it as one. Teeth were coming out my gums so they needed those to come down, makes sense. They sprayed my arm and put a needle with some anesthesia into me and within seconds I was gone and asleep. I do remember waking up like halfway through it but I couldn't feel any pain (thank goodness). I eventually went back to sleep. The following day and days after, the pain was absolutely HORRIBLE. I just wanted to lay in a ball and cry lol. Id have cold drinks and soups but it would still hurt. The pain medicine they gave me was so amazing but of course I couldn't just be popping pills when the pain would start coming back. It was a rough 2 weeks but I got through it.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yikes! I haven't had an abscess thankfully and hopefully never will but I have heard about them. Glad you got through it though!ve

When I was getting braces years ago, I had to get 4 teeth pulled due to overcrowding in my mouth. It wasn't a huge surgery but I still count it as one. Teeth were coming out my gums so they needed those to come down, makes sense. They sprayed my arm and put a needle with some anesthesia into me and within seconds I was gone and asleep. I do remember waking up like halfway through it but I couldn't feel any pain (thank goodness). I eventually went back to sleep. The following day and days after, the pain was absolutely HORRIBLE. I just wanted to lay in a ball and cry lol. Id have cold drinks and soups but it would still hurt. The pain medicine they gave me was so amazing but of course I couldn't just be popping pills when the pain would start coming back. It was a rough 2 weeks but I got through it.
    When the nerve block is in effect you feel good but when it wears off hellllllllllllllll nooooooooo. Been there done that when I had my wisdom teeth removed.

leah.B1

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    When the nerve block is in effect you feel good but when it wears off hellllllllllllllll nooooooooo. Been there done that when I had my wisdom teeth removed.
    Exactlyyyy. Teeth pain is one of the worst pains to deal with in my opinion. It can affect your head and then can affect your jaw as well. I give my teeth extra love bc I do not want to go through anymore teeth pain if I can help it.

zBucks
    I broke my foot when I was a kid and had to have surgery. I don't remember much about it. I was probably 8 at the time.

I also had my appendix taken out in my teens. Had really bad pain in my abdomen and thought it would go away. But it kept getting worse. I'm stubborn and hate going to the ER, so I let it go for a while until my parents found me passed out in the kitchen. They rushed me to the ER themselves. Woke up in the hospital confused.

If they didn't find me, the appendix probably would have burst and I would have died there.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I have only ever had a tube camera down my throat to check for acid reflux. This was when I was a kid. Outside of that, thankfully nothing. I am terrified of surgery on any level!
    I just had that done last Thursday & the week before that. One camera from my right nostril to my throat & one from my mouth to my throat. Bottom line, outpatient Botox injection surgery to repair my voice.

E

educatedman23

I broke my foot when I was a kid and had to have surgery. I don't remember much about it. I was probably 8 at the time.

I also had my appendix taken out in my teens. Had really bad pain in my abdomen and thought it would go away. But it kept getting worse. I'm stubborn and hate going to the ER, so I let it go for a while until my parents found me passed out in the kitchen. They rushed me to the ER themselves. Woke up in the hospital confused.

If they didn't find me, the appendix probably would have burst and I would have died there.
    Interesting experience. I am glad you are alive.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactlyyyy. Teeth pain is one of the worst pains to deal with in my opinion. It can affect your head and then can affect your jaw as well. I give my teeth extra love bc I do not want to go through anymore teeth pain if I can help it.
    When your tooth hurts all you can think about is the good old days when they didn’t hurt and how you took those days for granted.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    THATS EXACTLY what i do lol. Sit in pain and think about when there was no pain and I was smiling and laughing.
    What life is life with a toothache.

Fire Elmo GIF

What life seemed like it was like before the Toothache:

blue water sky GIF

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF

Life once toothache is fixed.

Work Monday GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I had a very minor procedure, I had a stye on my right eye that I got removed last month. Waiting around to get the procedure done took longer than the actual procedure. It didn't hurt, it was super weird though and a bit uncomfortable. It was annoying the day after I got it removed, since it was draining and I had to keep a roll of toilet paper on my desk so I could clean my eye.