Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Fighting Games: the genre I spent the most time on

GACishere

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I think 98% of my life playing fighting games
I play the super street fighter 2 on my Sega Genesis
and from then I played almost every Capcom fighting game in existence
I got into it because of my cousin and Uncle who were both into Marvel vs Capcom 2

I remember when I was little and i went over my cousin house, he and his friends would be money matching MVC2
1643999776523.png
The following fighting game franchises i played a little once

Street Fighter
Marvel Vs Capcom
Capcom vs Snk
Soul calibur (the first and second is the best)
Tekken (played all of them , not a fan)
Mortal Kombat ( Played all of them, the first three were the best)
Guilty gear(ehh series)
Blazblue

Am i the only that plays this much fighting games ?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I remember when I was little and i went over my cousin house, he and his friends would be money matching MVC2
    1643999776523.png

Transitioning from SF2 and Alpha to MVC2 was a major learning curve for me as you had to use two buttons to do the special attacks. That plus the tag system was a lot to take in but once I got good it was such a great experience. I also loved the jazz soundtrack as well, it gave the game its own character.

One of my guilty pleasures was Street Fighter EX. It was hated intensely but I loved seeing Ken and Ryu in that “virtua fighter” style.

GACishere

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Transitioning from SF2 and Alpha to MVC2 was a major learning curve for me as you had to use two buttons to do the special attacks. That plus the tag system was a lot to take in but once I got good it was such a great experience. I also loved the jazz soundtrack as well, it gave the game its own character.

One of my guilty pleasures was Street Fighter EX. It was hated intensely but I loved seeing Ken and Ryu in that “virtua fighter” style.
    I played the hell out of Street Fighter Alpha 3 to this day( My main is cody)
    i started to like UMVC3 more than two it still had a specials place in my heart
    and the street fighter ex series i have much love for the second one that came out on the ps1

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I liked MVC but my favorite was Capcom vs. SNK. I would make niggas want to turn the Dreamcast off when I finish them off with the Shin Shoryuken. I remember when the animation would happen, Ryu would do one slight uppercut, another, and then complete the shoryuken, it would have cats in their feelings.

Street Fighter 4 is the one I really took the time to understand how to play. I learned the differences between Charge and Shotos and learned how to really play shoto well. I used to play “flowchart ken” historically but I really evolved my skill and if anyone played “flowchart” I would mix them easily.

Most beginner shotos overuse the shoryuken…they‘ll jump a lot…usually do the jump roll and then launch into a shoryuken. I would see that coming block the shoryuken and sweep them when they landed. Worked like a charm…I was embarassing folks. Then I stopped playing and haven‘t been into fighting games since.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I played the hell out of Street Fighter Alpha 3 to this day( My main is cody)
    i started to like UMVC3 more than two it still had a specials place in my heart
    and the street fighter ex series i have much love for the second one that came out on the ps1
    I used to play with Dan, even though he was a parody I used to be able to do damage with him. When I would play charge I would use Charlie.

BTW I remember on EX2 there was some dude who would drop grenades, he was annoying AF.

GACishere

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I liked MVC but my favorite was Capcom vs. SNK. I would make niggas want to turn the Dreamcast off when I finish them off with the Shin Shoryuken. I remember when the animation would happen, Ryu would do one slight uppercut, another, and then complete the shoryuken, it would have cats in their feelings.

Street Fighter 4 is the one I really took the time to understand how to play. I learned the differences between Charge and Shotos and learned how to really play shoto well. I used to play “flowchart ken” historically but I really evolved my skill and if anyone played “flowchart” I would mix them easily.

Most beginner shotos overuse the shoryuken…they‘ll jump a lot…usually do the jump roll and then launch into a shoryuken. I would see that coming block the shoryuken and sweep them when they landed. Worked like a charm…I was embarassing folks. Then I stopped playing and haven‘t been into fighting games since.
    I actually got the arcade version of capcom vs snk 2 working on my pc through fightcade ( a pc program that is an emulator with a online lobby so you can play people around the world and stuff

and i still play ultra Street fighter 4 on my ps4

GACishere

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I used to play with Dan, even though he was a parody I used to be able to do damage with him. When I would play charge I would use Charlie.

BTW I remember on EX2 there was some dude who would drop grenades, he was annoying AF.
    i used guile more than charlie and
    it was Doctrine Dark for the ex character
    1644005368791.png

D

Deleted member 191

Street Fighter Series
    Mortal Kombat Series
    Killer Instinct
    Eternal Champions
    Virtua Fighter Series
    Tekken Series
    Injustice 1 and 2.

That's all I can think of for now. I only recently got back into fighting games with Injustice. Madden and Baseball took me down a different path and then Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider happened and it was just a avalanche from there.

GACishere

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Street Fighter Series
    Mortal Kombat Series
    Killer Instinct
    Eternal Champions
    Virtua Fighter Series
    Tekken Series
    Injustice 1 and 2.

That's all I can think of for now. I only recently got back into fighting games with Injustice. Madden and Baseball took me down a different path and then Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider happened and it was just a avalanche from there.
    I forgot about injustice 1&2 i played them so long ago

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Mortal Kombat
    Tekken
    Streetfighter
    Final Fantasy
    Def Jam Vendetta
    EA Box and MMA
    Throwback: Power Rangers
    Ever since my childhood till now, I have been playing Mortal Kombat and I'm not sure if it's something that I can be able to stop playing. I never got to play Street Fighter that much the way I did with MK but it's still fun.

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I also love to spend time on fighting games, although not my favorite one but still loves to play. Here are games which I normally plays :

• Injustice 2
    • Mortal Kombat 11
    • Samurai Shodown
    • Street Fighter V: Championship Edition
    What's this game Samurai Shodown like? The gameplay, narrative and design that makes it unique?

DOSO

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think 98% of my life playing fighting games
    I play the super street fighter 2 on my Sega Genesis
    and from then I played almost every Capcom fighting game in existence
    I got into it because of my cousin and Uncle who were both into Marvel vs Capcom 2

View attachment 1768

Street Fighter
    Marvel Vs Capcom
    Capcom vs Snk
    Soul calibur (the first and second is the best)
    Tekken (played all of them , not a fan)
    Mortal Kombat ( Played all of them, the first three were the best)
    Guilty gear(ehh series)
    Blazblue

Am i the only that plays this much fighting games ?
    Yeah. I have been playing fighting games since I was a teen. I used to be extremely good at all Street Fighter games, Tekken, and other Capcom games.

Some of the games that I used to play are:

Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting
    Super Street Fighter II
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo
    Street Fighter Alpha I II and III
    Street Fighter III
    Street Fighter III 2nd Impact
    Street Fighter III Third Strike
    Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Ultra Street Fighter IV
    Street Fighter V Champion Edition
    DalkStalkers
    Vampire Savior
    Vampire Savior II
    Etc...
    I have played so many fighting games that I really don't feel like listing them all right here.
    I have also played a lot of SNK Fighting games too. However, I am not really a fan of Mortal Kombat. The only one that I really
    like is Mortal Kombat II.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah. I have been playing fighting games since I was a teen. I used to be extremely good at all Street Fighter games, Tekken, and other Capcom games.

Super Street Fighter II
    Street Fighter III
    Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Ultra Street Fighter IV
    DalkStalkers
    Vampire Savior
    Vampire Savior II
    Etc...
    I have played so many fighting games that I really don't feel like listing them all right here.
    I have also played a lot of SNK Fighting games too. However, I am not really a fan of Mortal Kombat. The only one that I really
    DAAAAAAAAMM bruh. But no Capcom vs. SNK? That was my joint!

Devin

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Super Street Fighter II
    Street Fighter III
    Street Fighter IV
    Super Street Fighter IV
    Ultra Street Fighter IV
    DalkStalkers
    Vampire Savior
    Vampire Savior II
    Etc...
    You're definitely a big fan of Street Fighter franchise. Resident Evil is my favorite Capcom game with Resident Evil 4 as my all time favorite of their games.