The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

First plants grown in "moon soil"

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    In a NASA-funded study, scientists at the University of Florida grew plants in soil collected from the moon, according to a study published Thursday in the journal Communications Biology.

The study is paramount to NASA's long-term goals in human space exploration, NASA administrator Bill Nelson said in a press release. The research could also have implications for plants growing in harsh conditions on Earth, he added.

"We'll need to use resources found on the Moon and Mars to develop food sources for future astronauts living and operating in deep space," Nelson said.

I don't normally follow space stuff cause I am skeptical of things they say and do but this is interesting. Using moon soil to grow plants works but I feel like they are leaving out other factors that require plants to grow, things the moon just don't have! lol

I wonder if they are intending on making the moon some livable space or something.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I don't normally follow space stuff cause I am skeptical of things they say and do but this is interesting. Using moon soil to grow plants works but I feel like they are leaving out other factors that require plants to grow, things the moon just don't have! lol

I wonder if they are intending on making the moon some livable space or something.
    You know they are. Humans will start colonzing space we haven’t already.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    A conspiracy theory that I'm looking at now would be that they are working on destroying our earth's soil in order to take it to the moon when farming is called into question. But on the other hand, I think that it's a good development as long as it can be stabilized and maybe harvest something from the moon to be sold on earth.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We can't even manage to fix the issues on earth and people out there are confident enough to start populating the moon. People have some mad egos these days!
    Exactly. These cave gremlins are just going to fuck up and destroy every planet they colonize and any and everything they touch. Evil and eventual destruction will follow them wherever they go because they are evil and destructive. They are the source of the problems they cause. Destruction and corruption is part of their evil nature. How are gonna colonize and "improve" Mars and places beyond this Earth when they can barely take care of their very own shared house, Earth, that they destroyed? And when I pointed out that cold, brutal fact when they were bragging about Mars, space, and Elon Musk, they downvoted and disliked what I was saying with no real rebuttal. They are such in deep denial of their wickedness to the point of disgusting delusion.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    Building our homes on other planetary bodies in the Galaxy had been one of the goals of modern science, that is why a lot of research are currently been made to see if that dream could be actualized in the nearest future, plant been able to survive with moon soil is a big breakthrough for science.