The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Flying (First Class) While Black

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
10 sisters flew first class and white people had a hissy fit. I use various means to upgrade to business or first class when I can. Certain credit cards are great for travel points. I also join every single frequent flier club I can. Domestic flights I get upgraded on, and it depends on a few different circumstances, I will be asked a staff member if they can see my ticket. Not the 50 year old white man next to me, but mine only. I don't make a fuss but my look is clear.: Really? and now that you've seen it 'F*ck you, yes, I'm in business class'.

I flew from LA to Miami business class a year ago using my travel points. And it gives you access to the lounge (American Air) and sure enough chick asks to look at my check in and not other white folks. I don't dress in sweat pants when I travel. I dress business casual usually or some thing that is understated but quality.

I rarely get this abroad. I got it once by some chick from a 3rd world country who was at the area for business class. This was a country where they rarely see African Americans and almost always native Africans. One or two of the others kinda gave me the side eye, but one thing in society, especially abroad, you can size up someone's status by how they dress, how they carry themselves and possibly their language or accent. I have an earring in my left air, 2 silver bracelets and a silver ring on each hand. Immediately people know I'm not native African, I've been told blacks from America have a certain swag, confident. I've heard Africans say this that only Nigerians from the Ibo tribe have anything similar in swag. Thing is in America, I'd be just another brotha, maybe even seen as beta (although I think I'm sigma...haha).

One more thing about white people. Their measuring stick of how they are doing in society is partially based on us. If black folks are where they are, they aren't doing well enough. When I'm in business class or first class I often get some white man, not many white women but usually a 40 plus year old white man tryna make small talk and ask what I do. It's usually 1 or 2 small talk questions prior (I hear its raining in Miami hope we land on time or Business or pleasure bringing you to Miami?). They do this to get an explanation of how the f*ck this n*gger is in my upper middle class white space. If its not rapper/entertainer/athlete, even drug dealer (and that's the exception) he's tight. I don't tell them shyt or tell them something to make his face get tighter: "I'm an investor" "I'm semi retired", "Business owner", these answers when other white people say it to each other is coded speech for 'none of your motha effen business'. But with Black people they will not let it slide. "So, what type of business are you in?' "Semi retired from what?' and I also trade in forex (not tryna flex, really) but sometimes I have a position open and need wifi and its on while I'm in line and seated and when white men see that? They lose their f*cking minds. How is this black bastard knowing about forex, trading? I always answer if they see it and ask a question "I dabble" which is a trigger. It can be true or it can be nah, this mofo is making bank.

Since blacks have been in America and poor white indentured servants were told they will always be above blacks 400 years ago, white folks have always measured how they are doing against how we are doing. A lot of articles about people, like Robert Smith is really white folks saying 'Y'all see this? A non athlete or entertainer (Jay Z, Oprah) has billions?! We gotta get on code about them in this shyt.

I've seen first hand white people, take less money so that you don't make money. Happened to Tariq with the original site for the museum. They literally took less money in a loan that more money in cash. I know a guy who was investing in a property and had it done via his lawyer and realtor and at closing he had to sign. When this white man saw it was a black man, he just said "I can't do it' and walked out. No given explanation but the point was very clear to the others there.

One of the reasons reparations for FBA will be fought tooth and nail by whites is that it will move too many of us not only to their level but some above. The reason why many immigrants, Latino, Persians, some foreign Blacks, etc, will fight it is because they were unofficially given code that they are the buffers in class above blacks and they fear if blacks get too much money than they are they will be the new 'n*ggers'.

It's some deep shyt.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
There are credit cards that give you points that you can use as cash. Capital One Venture, Chase Sapphire, Chase Freedom. If I am going to make a big purchase cash, I use the card instead to get the points. Or someone else I know is, I will let them use the card and give me the cash to pay it off.
Use frequent flyer miles but unless you travel a lot, it takes time.
There are forums dedicated to travel and you got folks (mostly white and Asian) who got nothing better to do (thank goodness) than wanting to be the first one to tell the forum about a error fare in your favor, business and first class discounts, etc. One of them is flyer talk Miles&Points - FlyerTalk Forums
If I know a flight is not going to be fully booked, I will ask how much for an upgrade at check in. Often they are discounted.

It's a whole game. Domestic upgrades are harder than international usually in my experience but others may say the opposite. If I know months in advance I'm traveling, I will buy the business class early. I did that a year or so ago for the holidays, buying in August, by November it damn near doubled.

Sometimes you can just ask, and be friendly about it "Any chance the travel gods could deem me worthy of an upgrade?' that corny ass line worked once. She busted out laughing and said 'One moment, I'll need to see who shows up'

My boy would fake that he had foot surgery. He has seen plenty of Karens lie about injuries or illnesses and get upgraded he said.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What tricks do you use to upgrade to business class?
    Fly the same airline every single time. Don’t be looking for the best deal. Stay on the same airline and gain status. They’ll start upgrading you without you even having to ask.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Do that and join their frequent flyer and use a good travel card. But its not always easy traveling the same airline if you go to different cities that the airline doesn't service as much.
    Jay
    Jay
    RCNAL very true which is why it’s important to pick an airline with a network. I’m a Delta loyalist and they have the sky team so I can get to where I got to go and still get my SkyMiles.

Sometimes they layovers be crazy like having to go to Atlanta to get to New York but I get all my points.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    There are credit cards that give you points that you can use as cash. Capital One Venture, Chase Sapphire, Chase Freedom. If I am going to make a big purchase cash, I use the card instead to get the points. Or someone else I know is, I will let them use the card and give me the cash to pay it off.
    There are forums dedicated to travel and you got folks (mostly white and Asian) who got nothing better to do (thank goodness) than wanting to be the first one to tell the forum about a error fare in your favor, business and first class discounts, etc. One of them is flyer talk Miles&Points - FlyerTalk Forums
    If I know a flight is not going to be fully booked, I will ask how much for an upgrade at check in. Often they are discounted.

It's a whole game. Domestic upgrades are harder than international usually in my experience but others may say the opposite. If I know months in advance I'm traveling, I will buy the business class early. I did that a year or so ago for the holidays, buying in August, by November it damn near doubled.

Sometimes you can just ask, and be friendly about it "Any chance the travel gods could deem me worthy of an upgrade?' that corny ass line worked once. She busted out laughing and said 'One moment, I'll need to see who shows up'

My boy would fake that he had foot surgery. He has seen plenty of Karens lie about injuries or illnesses and get upgraded he said.
    Well KKKrackaz, Blacks are MOVIN' ON UP like George & Weezy, Cliff & Claire, Lucious & Cookie, like it or not.
    More & more of us are waking up, getting on code & getting our Black Wall Street affairs in order!
    #ReadyOrNotHereWeCome

D

Deleted member 1946

I have never flown first class before. Only coach. I might do it once just so I can say I have done it. I don't like flying though.

Jay
    Jay
    It’s a great experience…its super comfortable and on a good airline comes with good food and unlimited drink. But in most cases I’ll save my money and sit in the emergency row. Especially if my flight is in the morning. If it’s a long flight at night after a long day first class can help reduce fatigue.
    D

Deleted member 1946

Well KKKrackaz, Blacks are MOVIN' ON UP like George & Weezy, Cliff & Claire, Lucious & Cookie, like it or not.
    More & more of us are waking up, getting on code & getting our Black Wall Street affairs in order!
    #ReadyOrNotHereWeCome
    Absolutely. I see Black enclaves popping up all around the country. I highly doubt this will be reflected in the official numbers though since they don't us all to wake up.

D

Deleted member 1946

I definitely love using my credit card to get points when I have cash on hand. I will use the credit card to pay for something and then go online the next day or 2-3 days afterwards when it clears to pay it off. It keeps my balance down and racks up a lot of dollars earned to be used in the future.