The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Frat possibly causes students death

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
You know, I hate frats, especially frats because you rarely hear this shit from sororities. I think for the most part, it's just white dudebros who want to haze new students to look cool. I don't know how many times I've read articles about deaths at fraternities because of some dumb hazing challenge. And it looks like another person has died because of dumb hazing tricks. The article below is about a 21 year old man who was found with three other students passed out. Medical checked on him, but he had already passed. My guess, is that they were told to drink a ton, and he ended up drinking far too much. The frat was suspended while this is investigated.

This sounds similar to another story where another kid was found dead in a frat house recently after passing out.

Have any of you's been in a fraternity? I didn't last long in college myself, but I'm sure there are a few black fraternities out there. I don't know if I would have ever joined one myself. Have you ever gone through a hazing ritual to join a frat house?

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    You know, I hate frats, especially frats because you rarely hear this ish from sororities. I think for the most part, it's just white dudebros who want to haze new students to look cool. I don't know how many times I've read articles about deaths at fraternities because of some dumb hazing challenge. And it looks like another person has died because of dumb hazing tricks. The article below is about a 21 year old man who was found with three other students passed out. Medical checked on him, but he had already passed. My guess, is that they were told to drink a ton, and he ended up drinking far too much. The frat was suspended while this is investigated.

This sounds similar to another story where another kid was found dead in a frat house recently after passing out.

Have any of you's been in a fraternity? I didn't last long in college myself, but I'm sure there are a few black fraternities out there. I don't know if I would have ever joined one myself. Have you ever gone through a hazing ritual to join a frat house?
    This falls into the culture of wanting to belong at all costs. I never was able to get into a fraternity because I refused to subject myself to humiliation or degradation as I don’t believe anyone is superior to me. I bring value to any place I am so if you want me in you fraternity you have to walk me on, period. If anyone thinks they are going to hit me or make me eat dog food they got me all the f’d up.

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    This falls into the culture of wanting to belong at all costs. I never was able to get into a fraternity because I refused to subject myself to humiliation or degradation as I don’t believe anyone is superior to me. I bring value to any place I am so if you want me in you fraternity you have to walk me on, period. If anyone thinks they are going to hit me or make me eat dog food they got me all the f’d up.
    Yeah, I agree. I think frats like that prey upon people who feel a need to fit in and belong to something, which can be risky. While I don't think all frats and sororities are dangerous, the ones that are should be called out.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah, I agree. I think frats like that prey upon people who feel a need to fit in and belong to something, which can be risky. While I don't think all frats and sororities are dangerous, the ones that are should be called out.
    Amen. They need to be regulated and have the hazing minimized. I saw people have to eat dog food.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    FYI: Sororities are worse than fraternities. They just don't do the physical stuff that ends up in the papers.
    I'm unfamiliar with what goes down in sororities honestly, what kind of crazy things are they doing these days?
    100% agree. The fear of missing out is a big issue when it comes to college students. I would have never taken that kind of shit from frat bros. It's sad that kids would degrade themselves to get in.

That's exactly what it is. I imagine a lot of frat houses get the newbies in, and then just use them. To probably clean, cook, and do all the other chores for the leaders of the house. They aren't about making good people better, they just want bodies to do their work for them.

Ogun

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I'm unfamiliar with what goes down in sororities honestly, what kind of crazy things are they doing these days?

100% agree. The fear of missing out is a big issue when it comes to college students. I would have never taken that kind of ish from frat bros. It's sad that kids would degrade themselves to get in.

That's exactly what it is. I imagine a lot of frat houses get the newbies in, and then just use them. To probably clean, cook, and do all the other chores for the leaders of the house. They aren't about making good people better, they just want bodies to do their work for them.
    I could never stand or understand taking on Greek culture as a Black person.