The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Frequent social media a lot?

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
These days I kinda steer away from social media, because it's just a mess of dumb people arguing about politics, covid and other such things. It's a big reason I left Facebook, because so many of my friends and family just talked nonsense about stuff and i got tired of it.

Do you guys even bother with social media anymore? I wouldn't count streaming or doing videos (Youtube), but facebook and twitter for sure.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nah.

I stopped scrolling socials when Facebook started thinking it knew what I wanted to see more than me. My timeline was flooded with all types of random crap and nothing from the people I actually followed. If you need to know what im bousta to do best believe you have my number

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not anymore. It is just propaganda, bad ideas, and people showing off their worst aspects.

I feel like social media as a whole has ruined the youth because brain-dead people led the front. We have celebrities on Twitter, WHITE CELEBRITIES, trying to speak on behalf of black people. Rich white people speaking for us? No. Thanks. They can kick rocks.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    I've been focused on Twitter. I just get there to watch all the jokes going on there. Some Political Twitter are funny too and you have to give it to them that they reason like clowns. Basic thing is not let the things you read on social media affect you that much. Has helped me stay fine amidst what I see there.

E

educatedman23

Well,I must confess that I frequent social media a lot, especially WhatsApp and Facebook because I use them for adverts, I contribute to group issues but mainly for advertising my goods. It has being really helpful and I have made a lot of connections.
    Social media can be a great thing if a person properly manages his or her time while avoiding negativity as much as possible.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    My time of Facebook have dwindled a lot of lately but I'm still very much on Instagram every single day because it's where I focus most of my online business activities irrespective of the nonsense going on in there with ladies that are naked looking for attention.

I still make use of Twitter from time to time because of all the gossip that goes on the platform plus I enjoy how quick information breaks on it.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I live out the loop. The main social medias I use are YouTube and 6zeros. I do want to try to check out reddit a bit more, but apart from those I'm good on social media. With the algorithms, all the filth floats to the surface and floods your timeline and mind and spirit. I'm trying to rebuild my faith in humanity as is, I don't need a sour Twitter feed tearing that down to the bedrock.

E

educatedman23

I live out the loop. The main social medias I use are YouTube and 6zeros. I do want to try to check out reddit a bit more, but apart from those I'm good on social media. With the algorithms, all the filth floats to the surface and floods your timeline and mind and spirit. I'm trying to rebuild my faith in humanity as is, I don't need a sour Twitter feed tearing that down to the bedrock.
    I totally forgot about Reddit.

Jay_Judah202

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Not anymore. It is just propaganda, bad ideas, and people showing off their worst aspects.

I feel like social media as a whole has ruined the youth because brain-dead people led the front. We have celebrities on Twitter, WHITE CELEBRITIES, trying to speak on behalf of black people. Rich white people speaking for us? No. Thanks. They can kick rocks.
    FACTS. I used to be very active on social media but the propaganda and fake woke white people killed it for me.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    FACTS. I used to be very active on social media but the propaganda and fake woke white people killed it for me.
    That is what is heavily pushed on Twitter too. These white people being white knights and acting like their ish don't stink. Then you have all the other weird nonsense like the people standing up for groomers and pedos. I am so good on it all.

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm still on social media just because my family is on there. Well at least they're on Facebook, I only share posts that I find funny and that's about it. I'm also on Twitter but I mainly just stick to posting and sharing video game stuff. Facebook is ridiculous with their community guidelines, I had a post of mine that I shared get flagged for no reason. It wasn't even offensive.

E

educatedman23

I'm still on social media just because my family is on there. Well at least they're on Facebook, I only share posts that I find funny and that's about it. I'm also on Twitter but I mainly just stick to posting and sharing video game stuff. Facebook is ridiculous with their community guidelines, I had a post of mine that I shared get flagged for no reason. It wasn't even offensive.
    They only want their approved of garbage to be out there.

Pregame_Marc

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    These days I kinda steer away from social media, because it's just a mess of dumb people arguing about politics, covid and other such things. It's a big reason I left Facebook, because so many of my friends and family just talked nonsense about stuff and i got tired of it.

Do you guys even bother with social media anymore? I wouldn't count streaming or doing videos (Youtube), but facebook and twitter for sure.
    Twitter, FB, Insta, & Tiktok? Absolute PASS from me. I do wonder about the definition of "Social Media though, since this forum we're all on is a form of social media right?

The 3 big turn offs for me of contemporary social media are Ad's, the attention seeking algorithms to personalize said ads, and the expectation of becoming your own personal brand.

The ads/ algorithms go towards making these giants multi billion (sometimes) trillion dollar enterprises. The most disruptive part of this enterprise though is that it requires obscene amounts of personal data, and to keep you in a perpetual state of anger and "activism"

Yes everyone's opinion matters, but the question of how much it matters is still up for debate.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Twitter, FB, Insta, & Tiktok? Absolute PASS from me. I do wonder about the definition of "Social Media though, since this forum we're all on is a form of social media right?
    It’s not exactly social media but it’s the precursor to it. Social Media typically varies from forums in that social media has a feed that presents content to you based on what the system thinks you’re most likely to engage with. Forums simply present the data and allow you to view what you wish. As we evolve the site we will hit a middle ground where we have feeds while still giving users the ability to easily find the content they connect with.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The use of social media platform for me is just only for distraction sakes. Gone are the days when I used to depend so much on the use of both Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and the rest of them. Take a look at TikTok that's getting all the attend now, I don't even care about it.

gogExperience

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

The abuse of authority that we protest in the streets continues on social media.
    Social media monitors will allow you to talk about Black Trauma and Tragedy.
    But they will not allow you to talk about solutions and progress.
    Social media monitors allow Black trauma & tragedy to go viral.
    But they will suppress Black solutions and progress.
    That's why social media is what it is.
    Therefore, Black people should not be there at all.
    It does not make sense to talk about problems - without talking about solutions.

E

educatedman23

There only reason why I'm still frequently making use of different social media platforms is simply because I'm using them for my personal business products promotion. There are millions of potential customers flocking online.
    Yes there are many potential customers online. I do know that some people do not go on social media as much as they used to due to the overwhelming news stories.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I have no twitter, snapchat or instgagram. The only reason I have whatsapp is my job uses it to communicate and some family members. Facebook messenger is used by any family members or friends over 40 basically...lol

I'm in Youtube heavy.
    I used to be on Twitter a lot but over the last few years, I have dropped on how often I use it. As for Instagram, it's a very good marketing tool but a lot of crap have been going on the platform for a while now. I can't remember the last time I used Facebook messenger.