Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

GPU prices are still off the charts!

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I can't believe it. The one I got a few years back for my new computer was $150 and it is now selling for over $500 on Amazon! I checked other places and if they happen to have it in stock, the prices are all around the same. It is not worth that much. This has to be down to labor shortages right? I know there was a chip shortage back in 2020 before things really started getting nuts but it seems like it is only 1000x worse. I think crypto farming made prices hike substantially too.

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Facts. I think it's the chip shortages impacting it. I was looking for a GeForce RTX 3090 for a mega build that I'm doing and I was like "yoooooo $1400!" I'll probably still end up buying the 3090 and not steping down to the 3080 but it's making me look at my budget a little differently. I want something that can run HTC Vive with settings all on high, so I'm going to have to pay.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Yeah I know. I think a lot of it is the shortages but also the scalpers have gotten to it too. They'll sell them at extreme prices to turn a profit. It really sucks because it's so hard to upgrade now.
I hate scalpers, like HATE them! They do this kind of crap with anything tech-related and it causes issues for the rest of us. I know some stores put in place restrictions and stuff but it isn't enough. They find ways around it by using multiple accounts, bots, and addresses.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Just sold a GTX 960 I bought 5 years ago for almost as much as what I bought it for initially. Before the shortage I swear it was going for less than 50% MSRP.
I was debating on selling my old one but I changed my mind. Want to get a TV system going for games and shows. Going to invest in one of those mini cases and do a compact build. Get rid of cable for good. Just throwing money out the window at this point.