The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Harvard to Pay Reparations

Nevilous

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Caribbean
This was interesting article I found yesterday about Harvard willing to pay up to $100 million dollars in reparations monies to current students and upcoming students. What do y’all think about this a step in the right direction? Yes or NO?

Nevilous

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Caribbean
I agree interesting that they are even looking into it I wonder when this will go into effect I’m hoping by year end the latest but if this does take place it should lead to other Ivy League school to follow suit and have a trickle down effect into the state and community colleges and eventually the public sector one can hope and pray things get better and white guilt work in our favor for once smh and they do the right thing as spike would say..

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I agree interesting that they are even looking into it I wonder when this will go into effect I’m hoping by year end the latest but if this does take place it should lead to other Ivy League school to follow suit and have a trickle down effect into the state and community colleges and eventually the public sector one can hope and pray things get better and white guilt work in our favor for once smh and they do the right thing as spike would say..
I think the pressure we’re putting on the government regarding reparations is causing different institutions to “do something” even if performative. I believe this is a trick bag and 90% of the institutions talking about are trying to trick us.

Nevilous

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Caribbean
I think the pressure we’re putting on the government regarding reparations is causing different institutions to “do something” even if performative. I believe this is a trick bag and 90% of the institutions talking about are trying to trick us.
I agree time will tell what’s really behind this and what if anything will come of this let’s wait and see in the meantime we got loving to do boom!

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I support this message the fact it’s even a topic of discussion in these institutions is a start finally!
Facts we have to stay on their necks though to ensure they don’t try to divert it. As a person of Caribbean descent what are your thoughts on reparations? Do you have an issue with lineage based?

Nesut

zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
I want all black people getting reparations born here period it’s too much to write here with the nuances but I want all black people born here in America to get reparations hope that’s clear enough.
So someone who was born here in 1990 whose parents got here in 1982 should get reparations.

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
$100 Million?

Hell no!!! FOH.
This is such a lowball offer. An outright insult to us and our ancestors.

This is why Harvard needs to pay way more than just $100 million.
View: https://youtu.be/OGIiF9D49YE
They and others need to feel the pain and wrath of our ancestors for what they have done and continue to do.

Counteroffer.
Our Demand: At least 75% of the total endowment that is worth billions in US dollars.

The US Government will still need to pay trillions in cash reparations.

Nevilous

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Caribbean
So someone who was born here in 1990 whose parents got here in 1982 should get reparations.
See previous answer hopefully that will help clarify for you my position again. Scientifically psychologist say it takes nine times to get it 8 more rounds should do it rinse, wash, repeat. What cycle are we on?

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    $100 Million?

Hell no!!! FOH.
    This is such a lowball offer. An outright insult to us and our ancestors.

This is why Harvard needs to pay way more than just $100 million.
    View: https://youtu.be/OGIiF9D49YE
    They and others need to feel the pain and wrath of our ancestors for what they have done and continue to do.

Counteroffer.
    Our Demand: At least 75% of the total endowment that is worth billions in US dollars.

The US Government will still need to pay trillions in cash reparations.
    100 Million is to trick us into thinking they‘re putting a bunch of cash up but if you made billions I‘ma need billions too.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    See previous answer hopefully that will help clarify for you my position again. Scientifically psychologist say it takes nine times to get it 8 more rounds should do it rinse, wash, repeat. What cycle are we on?
    Don‘t be a jackass I asked you for specificity if you didn’t want to answer you should have ignored it.

Nevilous

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    100 Million is to trick us into thinking they‘re putting a bunch of cash up but if you made billions I‘ma need billions too.
    Facts they just don’t know where to start let them do their thing let’s see if it pans out I say 6-9 months should be enough time for them to figure out the budget and allocate it accordingly. Anything after that is just dragging feet and talk.

Nevilous

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Don‘t be a jackass I asked you for specificity if you didn’t want to answer you should have ignored it.
    I’m not sure what answe I would give you that wouldn’t come off like an ass I’m of West Indian descent what am I gonna deny my own experience and existence in this country to suit your views on it and justification of allocating compensation brother? My parents came here in the early 70’s before this thing called hiphop even existed officially does that give them more rights than someone that came in the 80’s, 90’s, etc I’m not sure where you were going with that question is this trauma Olympics because if we claiming that then you know they saying none of us deserve anything since we didn’t pick any cotton ourselves. Where did it start where doesn’t it end when it comes to years and dates and lineage that stuff gets super complex and can’t be answered in a post or text. I don’t know who is owed more that’s hard to quantify. I don’t think they will take the time to differentiate that for us not will they utilize their resources to figure that out in our lifetime if you think they will then good luck with that and tally away. Get out the calculator and get number crunching my dude. I don’t think it will work like that this is the half ass effort they’re willing to put out now $100 million vs what they sent to Ukraine in the blink of an eye in a few weeks and months and you think they’re going to do the due diligence and allocate that accordingly and justly on our behalf lmao much less based on our chat here for real in this thread stop it lol! So hence my answer stays boss! Let’s move on I posted something I though was interesting that’s all nothing more nothing less you are trying to take it about where I’m from and what I feel about things outside of Harvard saying what they were going to do in regards to reparations etc. I AM NOT the one holding the bag and I doubt you are either so this discussion is a waste of time in my eyes and to my ears respectfully. We can only discuss in this thread what they are talking about not our views outside of the article at least that’s how I feel. If you feel it brings some value to ask me questions about my views on reparations in general what does that have to do with Harvard and higher education? You missed me with this one hopefully someone else on here can help you because I’m perplexed sir salute boom!