The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Has anyone ghosted you? Or have you ghosted someone?

zBucks
I haven't really ghosted anyone aside from women I've talked to on some dating sites in the past. There was a few girls I met on dating sites that I just lost interest in, or they weren't that responsive to begin with. I've been ghosted my fair share on dating sites. I've been ghosted after dates in real life, just a few, but it stung big time when it did happen. Have you ever been ghosted? Or have you ever done the ghosting?

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I was ghosted once. I was talking with a guy back in 2019. We met through another forum. We really connected, or at least I felt like we did. We lived pretty close to each other, he was just a state over. We planned on meeting up but when the day came, he just stopped responding. Weeks went by and then I finally got a text from him. I just ignored it. He kept trying to get in touch with me. Come to find out from someone else on the forum he was married.

zBucks
I was ghosted once. I was talking with a guy back in 2019. We met through another forum. We really connected, or at least I felt like we did. We lived pretty close to each other, he was just a state over. We planned on meeting up but when the day came, he just stopped responding. Weeks went by and then I finally got a text from him. I just ignored it. He kept trying to get in touch with me. Come to find out from someone else on the forum he was married.
Oh wow, reminds me of that show catfish, except this dude just peaced for a bit. But yeah, something like that happened to me sort of. I was talking to this girl and we talked about meeting, even said a place, and then she just goes dark from there. idk what happened. I figured it was best to move on. I think she deleted her profile. Maybe she ended up meeting another guy instead.

Good thing you ignored him. If someone is married and trying to find love elsewhere, they really should just get a divorce before trying to find new love.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    I’ve ghosted a couple scallywags in my past and I’ve been ghosted via text never in person though.
    Both I have been ghosted before and if need be Casper won't have ish on me
    How did you get got? The worst if you’re wairing for them at the meet up spot and they don’t show. I’m fortunate to never have had to experience that.

Czharcus

Truth-Detector
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was recently ghosted. A little salty because he was dotado, but it's for the best if that's the only thing I'm focused on.

I ghosted a couple of times, one I regret. Another was in college: while I was super focused on an important project, dude called me on some personal, with his girlfriend giggling on the line. Pissed me all the way off.

AintShit

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I’ve ghosted a couple scallywags in my past and I’ve been ghosted via text never in person though.

How did you get got? The worst if you’re wairing for them at the meet up spot and they don’t show. I’m fortunate to never have had to experience that.
    I was young when it happened back in the Myspace days but that's exactly what happened we were supposed to meet but they never showed. they were probably a Catfish

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    What the heck is breadcrumbed? You was led on?
    Breadcrumbing is where they give you just enough attention and time to keep you interested and pursuing but not enough to go to the next level.... Vague promises of becoming more but never any move in that direction... Eventually you realize it's not going anywhere and you stop pursuing.... If you have any sense that is....

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Breadcrumbing is where they give you just enough attention and time to keep you interested and pursuing but not enough to go to the next level.... Vague promises of becoming more but never any move in that direction... Eventually you realize it's not going anywhere and you stop pursuing.... If you have any sense that is....
    That’s a nice term, much better than “stringing you along”.

I may teach this to my son using that term because its a real thing.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Oh wow, reminds me of that show catfish, except this dude just peaced for a bit. But yeah, something like that happened to me sort of. I was talking to this girl and we talked about meeting, even said a place, and then she just goes dark from there. idk what happened. I figured it was best to move on. I think she deleted her profile. Maybe she ended up meeting another guy instead.

Good thing you ignored him. If someone is married and trying to find love elsewhere, they really should just get a divorce before trying to find new love.
    Yup. I am actually glad he backed out of meeting. Had I caught some feelings for him and found out he was married after the fact, I would have lost it. Dudes that do this are spineless.