Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Has anyone here played Minecraft?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    My little bro started playing it with some people like 5 years ago and he is still playing it. He keeps telling me to give it a try since I like games like the Sims and other creative simulators. I never played it. I never even considered it. If I did, I would like to find a server or whatever it is called that is black operated. I am not sure if that is possible. Does anyone here play the game?

Ravenfreak

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I play the game occasionally, but I never joined anyone's server before other than a friend's server I knew in real life. It's a chill game, I usually like to explore the world the game generates and I rarely play on Survival mode, just because I have fun exploring. It's pretty cool to see people make pixel art in Minecraft.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I play the game occasionally, but I never joined anyone's server before other than a friend's server I knew in real life. It's a chill game, I usually like to explore the world the game generates and I rarely play on Survival mode, just because I have fun exploring. It's pretty cool to see people make pixel art in Minecraft.
    My bro showed me people making insane things on the game. Like one made a functioning Gameboy! How the hell do people do this?? haha

I think I might give it a play. Do you think if it is free or not? I don't know if they still charge for the game.

leah.B1

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I just started playing it within the last two months and it is honestly super entertaining. I had a list of things I wanted to do such as build a house, build a garden to sustain myself, and build weapons and build a crate to store my weapons and food. There was more stuff I can't remember right now but once you're in the groove of creating and building, it gets so fun. Plus the aspect of having to "survive the night" if you don't have a bed in your house is niceeee. If you like open range games where you can basically create anything and join other players then I think you'd like Minecraft.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just started playing it within the last two months and it is honestly super entertaining. I had a list of things I wanted to do such as build a house, build a garden to sustain myself, and build weapons and build a crate to store my weapons and food. There was more stuff I can't remember right now but once you're in the groove of creating and building, it gets so fun. Plus the aspect of having to "survive the night" if you don't have a bed in your house is niceeee. If you like open range games where you can basically create anything and join other players then I think you'd like Minecraft.
    This is why my bro said I would love it. I really enjoy creative games. I think I am going to get it this weekend and play it. I am really curious. I want to see if it is something I can get into. Will be nice having a game for the winter.

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you're looking for a Black owned Minecraft server, then I'm not too sure if there are any to be honest; I don't think Minecraft is that popular with Black children as much as it is to White children, or adults. Black children/adults usually like to play less creative games from my experience; like 2K, Call of duty, Need for speed, etc... Not that that's a bad thing, but It's just what our demographic is more interested in.

Also, it depends on if you're on console or not. If you're playing on a console, then you probably cannot join any specific Minecraft servers that you find on the internet, because on console they do not allow you to do this (probably for safety reasons). On PC however, they do allow you to join any random servers you want to that you've found around the internet by putting in an address for it, so you possibly could find at least a few Black owned and run Minecraft servers out there, but I'm sure that that's going to be extremely rare to find, and if you do eventually find one that's Black owned, then it's most likely not going to be that popular; with probably at the minimum a few players on the server sadly.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you're looking for a Black owned Minecraft server, then I'm not too sure if there are any to be honest; I don't think Minecraft is that popular with Black children as much as it is to White children, or adults. Black children/adults usually like to play less creative games from my experience; like 2K, Call of duty, Need for speed, etc... Not that that's a bad thing, but It's just what our demographic is more interested in.

Also, it depends on if you're on console or not. If you're playing on a console, then you probably cannot join any specific Minecraft servers that you find on the internet, because on console they do not allow you to do this (probably for safety reasons). On PC however, they do allow you to join any random servers you want to that you've found around the internet by putting in an address for it, so you possibly could find at least a few Black owned and run Minecraft servers out there, but I'm sure that that's going to be extremely rare to find, and if you do eventually find one that's Black owned, then it's most likely not going to be that popular; with probably at the minimum a few players on the server sadly.
    My son loves that damn game and Roblox so I don’t think it’s that Black kids like to play less creative games. It’s that their parents buy them those bullshit games.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Nah, there are plenty of black streamers with servers and their own communities. You have to know where to look to find them. Someone I follow on Twitch was on their server with community members last night. Gotta stop this mindset that Black gamers dont play the same games as White ones. We do and we do it much better, tbh.

Screenshot_20221022-135848.png

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nah, there are plenty of black streamers with servers and their own communities. You have to know where to look to find them. Someone I follow on Twitch was on their server with community members last night. Gotta stop this mindset that Black gamers dont play the same games as White ones. We do and we do it much better, tbh.

View attachment 4614
    Well obviously there's Black people that in fact do play the same games that Whites play, but I'm saying it's less likely for that to be the case that a Black person would be into games such as Minecraft. Not everything Whites like to do, Blacks like to do too. Blacks and Whites are interested in different types of things and experiences; This is due to cultural reasons for why we enjoy more sporty or more faster gamplay games rather than slow games like Minecraft, Ark survival, etc...

Me personally, I like creative oriented games like Minecraft, because I'm a heavily creative person as an individual, but even I know that most Blacks (in the USA) aren't really into creative types of games like this, and would rather play games that are more fast-paced.

Not saying that no Black people play Minecraft, no no, I'm saying that it's a less of a popular game within the Black-American community, and it's evident if you have lots of Black friends who play games.

And we do it much better, tbh.
    For this one, I agree with you lol

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Well obviously there's Black people that in fact do play the same games that Whites play, but I'm saying it's less likely for that to be the case that a Black person would be into games such as Minecraft. Not everything Whites like to do, Blacks like to do too. Blacks and Whites are interested in different types of things and experiences; This is due to cultural reasons for why we enjoy more sporty or more faster gamplay games rather than slow games like Minecraft, Ark survival, etc...

Me personally, I like creative oriented games like Minecraft, because I'm a heavily creative person as an individual, but even I know that most Blacks (in the USA) aren't really into creative types of games like this, and would rather play games that are more fast-paced.

Not saying that no Black people play Minecraft, no no, I'm saying that it's a less of a popular game within the Black-American community, and it's evident if you have lots of Black friends who play games.

For this one, I agree with you lol
    I do have lots of Black friends who play games... Specifically Black Americans. 😑

You really don't know the different communities that are out there? I'm surrounded by folks who play every genre, myself included. Gotta stop generalizing a whole group. 🙃

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't think Minecraft is that popular with Black children as much as it is to White children, or adults. Black children/adults usually like to play less creative games from my experience; like 2K, Call of duty, Need for speed, etc... Not that that's a bad thing, but It's just what our demographic is more interested in.
    Nigga speak for yourself. If you and your niggas like playing dumb ass games that’s on y’all but don’t say it’s all of us.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    It's an entertaining game and I've seen a lot of people enjoying it and finding it relaxing. I think the issue is I just suck at it (I'm not much of a gamer). But the overall gameplay and the possibilities are fun and creative. The kind of survivalist/ putting ingredients together to make new things aspect is engaging.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    usher laugh

Rollie over there looking for that checkmark.

Peering Looking GIF by MOODMAN

zBucks
    I used to play it a lot back when it originally came out. I would often just play creative mode and mess around creating stuff. It's kinda like playing with Legos, but you have unlimited Legos and can do so much more.

These days though I'm mostly played out on it. I played too much to the point that I can't get into it anymore.

The cool thing with Minecraft is that you can use mods and make it even better. That's what I used to do back in the day.