The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Has anyone here tried Online Income Courses with success?

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I recall that for a limited time there were online income courses being offered by Mechee X for a discounted cost, but due to certain reasons I was unable to partake in it.

Has anyone here had any success with online income courses from Mechee X and business tips from The Business / TBA channel? Are there any better Black-owned alternatives out there that help Black people learn and earn? Or would you personally recommend people with little to no business / entrepreneurial experience to learn from basic trial and error without subscribing to online courses?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I recall that for a limited time there were online income courses being offered by Mechee X for a discounted cost, but due to certain reasons I was unable to partake in it.

Has anyone here had any success with online income courses from Mechee X and business tips from The Business / TBA channel? Are there any better Black-owned alternatives out there that help Black people learn and earn? Or would you personally recommend people with little to no business / entrepreneurial experience to learn from basic trial and error without subscribing to online courses?
    A.B. you have some info.

E

educatedman23

I have never participated in either her courses or used his tips.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I have participated in IM Academy online courses on Forex Trading and I have learnt a lot about how to trade.

I have had multiple successful trades but I still have to pay for their subscription to have access to the tools to analyse and trade.
    I have been in Forex a while. Even with a previous background working in finance, I found I had to make mistakes (some self made), I figured (well, think I have...so far so good) out a system. A guy told me once when I mentioned forex that he's never met anyone who made money with it consistently. Come to think of it I haven't either. But I don't trade every day, only when I see patterns and I may go months without trading. It also helps if you have enough capital for margin calls, assuming you are right on the direction.

What do you trade?

As for Mechee's course, I haven't as well as Dr. Boyce's. I do find a lot of useful info from Earn Your Leisure https://www.youtube.com/c/EarnYourLeisure
    For me its the best in terms of ideas and motivation and its black.

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have participated in IM Academy online courses on Forex Trading and I have learnt a lot about how to trade.

I have had multiple successful trades but I still have to pay for their subscription to have access to the tools to analyse and trade.
    You can learn analysis yourself, with YouTube ... I trade stocks/options, but all asset trading is basically the same ...

Can you bring up a chart? This is something to look at, ... The most important indicators to use is what they call the MACD indicator ... Basically, when this indicator is on an uptrend, for instance , the purple line is on top o of the orange for a sustained amount of time (like it was from late June to early August), you could see that it was a good time to buy (make sure to get in on the early side of the uptrend, midway is good to, but when the lines start to cross, its usually headed back downward)

The Keltner is another good one .. Buy when the stock price is at the bottom of the envelope, and on an uptrend (confirm this with another indicator like the MACD) ... Treat the lines in the Keltner like floors and ceilings, that's what they are called ... If the price goes up, if might hit the ceiling and come back down, though it could keep going past the ceiling (when it gets close to ceiling, note to self, be careful) ...

You can do this over any timeline. For instance, if you are a short term trader, just chasing the bag for a short time period, you should look at a 15-30min -1 hr chart to view the indicators ... If you are a long term trader, you can look at it over Days or months ... Whats your investment horizon, another important question to ask yourself. (the below chart is one for a long term trader, ie, Im going to put my money in, then pull it back out in a month or more)

This is an oversimplified explanation of stock analysis. Everybody has their own set of indicators that they like, so there are many ways to find the same info (uptrend or downtrend) ...

Something to remember, investing is like craps ... It's largely emotional. Very important! (Ive been up, then disregarded my rules, and lost it all ... Like, a lot :) .. But, Ive seen ppl make 100k in a day (they posted their account, options are stock leverages) ...

Subscriptions are good, and I still have them, but after a while, you can use what they help you spot, along with your own analysis, to do if yourself. Not knocking subscriptions (what better way to trade, than to piggyback on someone who puts up major bread, or someone who already did the research)

Just one way to make money online.

screenshot-finance.yahoo.com-2022.11.14-07_22_20.png

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have been in Forex a while. Even with a previous background working in finance, I found I had to make mistakes (some self made), I figured (well, think I have...so far so good) out a system. A guy told me once when I mentioned forex that he's never met anyone who made money with it consistently. Come to think of it I haven't either. But I don't trade every day, only when I see patterns and I may go months without trading. It also helps if you have enough capital for margin calls, assuming you are right on the direction.

What do you trade?

As for Mechee's course, I haven't as well as Dr. Boyce's. I do find a lot of useful info from Earn Your Leisure https://www.youtube.com/c/EarnYourLeisure
    For me its the best in terms of ideas and motivation and its black.
    Very good point ... There will be wins and loses, nobody gets it 100pct .. I tried Forex, but I went back to stocks/options bc I know that best .. Forex was too slow for me :)

Boyce Watkins is a good source, but also expensive .. If you get one for under $500, that's not bad

cjg

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Trial and error is the best teacher ... Start with small risk, like $15 stocks, if you want to trade ... Many ways to make money though. Which one are you starting with? Ecommerce, tax liens, flipping real estate contracts virtually , stock trading? Me, I think stock trading has the lowest learning curve and barrier to entry ... Just get a Robinhood or Webull account and get started ✊🏿